Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

27. One Day Maybe We'll Meet Again

Katie Vereeka's Point of View

My gaze followed the demigods, Hestia, Grover, and the pegasi in the near-sunny sky. I didn’t look away until they disappeared. I sighed. Taylor was going to revenge against Zoey. But who does Zoey love that Taylor will kill? I had a feeling it was Lee.

I pulled away from Alice. “Let’s go,” I said. “I wanna go home. It’s been a long two days.”

The Chicago Coven and Alice nodded in agreement. We began to run back to our house, Taylor trailing behind.

Well, at least the vision Alice and I had didn’t come true. But Jackson was dead. Fortunately for me and the others who weren’t Taylor, that was okay. Besides Taylor, we all rather have Alice the Optimist alive than Jackson the Jackass.

* * * *

“They’re coming!” Alice yelled excitedly from the fourth floor of the house.

Sitting on the couch in the first floor, I could smell each Cullen. Each one had a specific scent. Carlisle – medicine. Esme – cleaning supplies. Emmett – dirt. Rosalie – Twilight Woods perfume. Edward – hair gel (no wonder his hair never moved in the movies. Are the movie makers sure they never met the real Cullens?). Bella – Midnight Path perfume. Renesmee – a slight human scent. Jasper – clean, fancy clothes. Definitely Calvin Klein. Alice must’ve made him wear designer clothes. She probably made everyone wear them. Some of Alice’s scent was mixed in with Jasper’s too.

The closer the Cullens got, the clearer their thoughts were. Rosalie and Emmett were wondering if I was a crazy psycho bitch. Jasper worried about Alice (I’m guessing he’s not mad at her anymore) and me. Mostly if I was a crazy, uncontrollable newborn. Carlisle, Bella, and Edward were wondering how dangerous I was too (hmm. That must be a strong stereotype with newborns, huh?). Esme knew I would be fine and Renesmee just wanted to know if I would be her new best friend.

The Cullens were finally at the front door. Carlisle knocked. Rip rushed over and opened the door.

“Hello! Nice to see you all again!” Rip exclaimed. He stepped to the side and opened the door wider for the Cullens to enter. They did so.

I peeked over the couch. Holy shit. The whole time reading the Twilight books and watching the movies I wished for the characters to be real. Now here they were, standing in my living room. Everyone looked how I imagined them. Well, at least close to it. Carlisle’s blond hair was gelled back and held Esme’s hand. Esme’s caramel hair fell loosely on her shoulders. Next to them were Edward, Bella, and Renesmee. Bella’s brown hair was to die for and Renesmee’s curls bounced. She was also the height of an average eight year old girl now. Edward’s reddish-bronze hair still wouldn’t move. Rosalie’s hair wasn’t gold like mine but it was still a beautiful blonde. She glared at me while holding the hand of her muscle-man, Emmett. His dark grown hair was short. Really short. Like in the movies. He smiled cautiously at me. The last person I looked upon was Jasper. His hair was the same blond as Rosalie’s and he had a look of protection on his face. All of their eyes matched the butterscotch color in Alice’s eyes.
Holy crap. My heart would’ve been pounding right now if it was able too.

“It’s nice to see you too,” Carlisle said. His British accent was slight like Steph – I mean Bella said in the books (I gotta remember to make a mental note that Bella wrote the books and Stephenie was just a phony human they used. Remind me later). Ah!

“Where’s Alice?” Jasper asked, getting straight to the point.

Footsteps started racing. Then from the staircase, Alice ran so fast that she was almost a blur to my eyes. She jumped into Carlisle’s arms. The forced made him step back a little. Rip and the rest of the Chicago Coven laughed. I stayed quiet. What if they heard me? What if they saw me? I wonder if I could get their autographs…

Jasper’s face dropped. Alice noticed. She looked at him. “Are you still mad at me?”

Jasper shook his head.

Alice beamed. She stuck out her arms and Jasper took her from Carlisle. Kind of like an adult taking a baby from another adult. Alice wrapped her arms tightly around Jasper’s neck. He kissed the side of her head.

“Aw!” Demi said quietly. She was smiling like crazy.

Taylor rested her head on her right palm. She rolled her eyes.

She’s jealous, I thought.

Alice and Jasper connected lips in front of everybody. I almost squealed from behind the couch. Adorable! They were my favorite couple while reading the Twilight books by the way (just thought you needed to know that).

“We should get going,” Carlisle said after Alice and Jasper pulled away.

“Wait!” Alice exclaimed.

She jumped out of Jasper’s arms and skipped over to me. She peeked over the couch and saw me lying there.

“I thought I smelled your scent,” Alice said. “Sweet Pea perfume. I like it. C’mon and meet everyone.”

My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head. What if I do something embarrassing?

“C’mon Katie. We won’t bite.” The voice sounded like Edward’s.

Alice giggled and picked me up over the couch. When she set me on the ground, she grabbed my hand and dragged me over to her family. My eyes bugged out by them. Oh. My. God. The Cullens! The real Cullens! Not the ones from my imagination! The. Real. Cullens! Oh. My. Flip. In. God.

Edward chuckled. “You’re quite the fan-girl.”

Alice giggled. “Katie was a big Twilight fan while reading the books and watching the movies.”

“I can tell,” Edward said, a smile on his face.

Maybe she isn’t dangerous after all, Edward thought.

I can read minds bro, I thought back.

Edward’s eyes widened and I laughed. Alice laughed too, sensing what was going on.

“Anyway, Katie this is my family. I don’t think I need to point out who’s who,” Alice said, still laughing.

I smiled and shook my head.

Carlisle let the family stay for a while. Rip update them on everything that had happened and why Jackson was no longer with us. Taylor left the room when his name was mentioned.

I didn’t talk much. I just didn’t know what to say. Alice forced Jasper and me to talk to each other but it was only a two-word-each conversation. No joke.

After about an hour, Carlisle and Esme declared it was time for the Cullen family to leave. I frowned. Alice was leaving me.

“Well, we’ll see you all very soon I hope,” Esme said happily.

Alice came up to me and hugged me. “Beware of the Volturi,” she whispered in my ear. I was surprised that the other vampires didn’t hear it.

“That’s in five years,” I reminded her and smiled.

Alice smiled too as she pulled away from the hug. “See ya.”

Ciao!”

As the Cullens were about to walk out the door, Edward stopped. Everyone stared at him as he took out a tiny pad of paper and a pen from his pocket. He scribbled something on a piece of paper, tore it out of the pad, folded it once, and gave it to me.

“Before I forget I wanted to give you something,” Edward said as he put everything back in his pocket.

I unfolded the paper. Edward’s signature was scribbled on it. I laughed.

“Thanks,” I said, still smiling.

Edward smiled back, a hand in his pocket. “No problem. It was my pleasure.”

Alice gave us a weird look. Then she shook her head and laughed it off.

“Bye Katie!” she sang and then waved at me.

I waved back. “Bye.”

The rest of the Cullens waved too and then closed the door behind them. I ran to the window and watched them run until they were out of sight. Sighing, I walked away from the window. I pushed passed Rip, Renee, Demi, and Joe and ran upstairs to my room.

I looked out the window again once I was in my room. I spotted the Cullens running and they were a good thirteen miles away already. Alice stopped running, turned back, and waved at me. Her smile reached past her eyes and I was able to see her bright white teeth from where I was. I waved back. My smile mimicked hers on its own freewill. Alice went back to running. She was the last one to disappear out of my eyesight.

I sighed and sat on my couch. I had a feeling I was going to see her again. But for now, I should think about the meal I want to have. I mean I can finally go hunting. I was parched. Wars can really make a newborn thirsty you know. I might even hunt down a human to quench the thirst faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "Closer to the Edge" by Thirty Seconds to Mars

Le story is almost over D: