Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 102.

I cleaned up my leg, feeling nothing but regret. I had broken my promise to Kellin. Whether he cared or not. I went back over to my bed and checked my phone again. Still nothing. My heart ached. Then, there was a knock at the window. I jumped. It was Taylor.
I glared. I hadn’t forgiven him for the other day, where he was more than forceful with trying to get his way with me. I opened the window.
“What do you want..” I said. He looked at me.
“I want to apologize.” He said softly.
“How did you even know I was here?” I asked.
“I saw your car in the driveway.. I thought I should come over and say something. I never should of done that. I was out of line. I’m sorry.” I bit my lip. He stared into my eyes.
“Why’d you do it?” I asked. I tried staying calm with him. He was trying to be sincere. I could try too.
“Jess.. you know I’ve always had feelings for you.. And I still do. And.. chances are, I probably always will. I don’t know what it was. Maybe I just got caught up in the moment, maybe I just saw my chance and thought you’d go along with it.. I don’t know. But either way, I was wrong to do that.. and I’m sorry. I’m sorry I made you uncomfortable. I really care about you. I never should of done anything. I guess I just thought, maybe if I made the first move.. maybe.. you’d have feelings for me too.” He looked down. I could tell he was telling the truth.
“So, I wouldn’t of been just.. some girl to hook up with?” I asked. He quickly shook his head.
“Not at all” He sighed. “You’re beautiful, and you’re not just someone to hook up with. You’re worth so, so much more.” He gently touched my cheek. My heart races and my cheeks began to burn. What was happening? He stared into my eyes.
“Well, I just thought I should apologize. I could leave if you’d like.” I bit my lip. I was lonely. I wanted some company.
“N-no..” I said. “Stay.”