Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 108.

Kellin’s P.O.V
My heart stopped. The room was silent. There she was. She came. She actually came to see me. Everyone was staring now, but everything seemed to be washed way from my memory. I forgot everything. I just saw her. I wanted her.

“I think we’re gonna do something a little different tonight.” I said. The crowd cheered louder. “Tonight, I’m gonna pick someone from the crowd, to sing to on stage. How does that sound?” The crowd cheered even louder. I saw her face drop. She knew what I was doing. I sent Jesse down to go get her, and bring her up on stage. Her eyes were wide, staring into mine. My heart was beating faster, and my hands were sweating. She always made me nervous. No matter how comfortable I felt on stage now. She sat down on the stool, and stared up at me. Her beautiful, brown eyes. I wanted nothing more than to just tell her I’m sorry. To just kiss her again, and hold her, and apologize for everything. The crowd was still cheering, and she hadn’t said a word. Her expression never changed.

Then, Jesse brought out his acoustic guitar. I decided to make this more personal. I grabbed another stool and sat across from her, now gently taking her hand, staring into her eyes. She stared back, biting her lip.

They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need
Please stay, forever with me.

I continued singing, with her hand in mine. The whole thing was a blur. I didn’t even remember singing. I just remember staring into her eyes. Feeling her hands, wanting her to wear my ring again, wanting her to come back home with me, wanting her to be mine again. I moved closer, leaning my forehead against hers. My heart raced. The crowed cheered louder, thinking that just another fan was getting this special treatment. But, she wasn’t just another fan.

“Why didn’t you call me..” She whispered. “Are.. are you really able to just forget me like that?” I saw tears in her eyes. I gently wiped them away, and then got up.

“Now, that song.. was about someone very special to me.” I said. The room got quiet, and they hung on my every word. “She.. was the love of my life, still is the love of my life. Except I was stupid. And I let her slip away. I just want to say that.. when you have someone as perfect.. as the girl I once had.. don’t let her slip away. Cause you’ll never find someone like that again.” I looked over at her. The tears were back. She got up, and started to walk off stage.
“Jess..” I said. She stopped, and turned to look at me, eyes wide. “Jess.. I’m sorry.” I went over, gently taking her hand, and pulling her back to the center of the stage. The crowd watched anxiously, and it seemed they were putting the pieces together.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for not being the man you deserve. I’m sorry for not being sensitive towards you, and understand where you were coming from. And I’m sorry for letting you leave, without chasing you like I’ve always promised to do.” I gently pulled her closer to me, staring into her eyes. My heart was beating faster now, I thought it was going to fly out of my chest. I leaned her forehead against mine, and moved the mic away.

“Please be mine, again.” I whispered “I can’t deal with this much longer without you.” She gently ran her hands up my arm. She knew. I moved my sleeve down, covering the cuts. She looked back up at me.

“I should go..” She said, now walking off the stage. I felt the tears come to my eyes. But I wasn’t going to let her get away again.

“Everyone..” I said, back into the mic. “That’s Jess.” The spotlight shone on her. “And I am head over heels in love with her.” I started following her. She glared at me, but I kept going. Finally she stopped. I took her hand.

“Jess..” I said “Please.. be mine.” I held out the ring