Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 119.

By the time we got back onto the bus, the show was over. The band was sitting in the main room. I blushed as we walked in, trying to hide my bag.
“Whatcha get?” Kellin asked. He popped his head out from the fridge. He was covered in sweat.
“Nothing.” I said. I made my way to the back bedroom. He followed.
“Show me.” He said, smiling. He sat down on the bed looking up at me.
“Why do you want to know?” I asked. I felt my face getting red.
“Kellin, it’s nothing, it’s stupid.” He grabbed the bag.
“Kellin!” He moved out of my reach. I could feel my face turning red. He looked inside the bag.
“A dress?” He said. He looked up at me. I bit my lip. “But you never wear dresses.” I snatched the bag.

“I know, it was stupid, I’m returning it tomorrow.”
“No!” He snapped. “I’m.. I’m sure it looks beautiful.. keep it.” I looked at him.
“But I’ll never wear it..” I said. He smiled.
“You never know.” I sighed. Why was everyone saying that? I did know. I never wore dresses, and I wasn’t going to have an occasion to wear one for a long time. The tour just started. There was no time for a wedding. I sighed, putting the dress in the closet. Kellin sat on the bed, staring up at me.
“What..” I said. He smiled at me.

“Come here.” He said. I bit my lip, and went over to him. He gently grabbed me, pulling me onto his lap. He was still sweaty. He leaned his forehead against mine.
“I love you.” He sighed. My heart started beating faster. I smiled.
“I love you too.” I said, he smiled, kissing me on the lips.
At the end of the day, I knew he’d always be the one to make me happy. I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.