Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 12.

The next morning was cold. I looked outside to see snow on the ground. At least I knew Kellin would be happy. He loved snow. I loved it for that reason. It was just another reason for me to think about him.
I took the bus. The long ride was nice by myself; giving me time alone to think about things.
When I walked in, I saw Kellin at his locker. He was talking to someone. I felt the fire and burning jealousy inside me. It was Marissa. She had her hand on his arm again. Why was she touching him? Why was he letting her? I decide not to go over. I quickly walk passed at go to my locker, but I can’t help but look over to watch what’s going on. I couldn’t make out what they were saying. Finally, she walks away, but of course not without a flirty smile and wave. Why did she even like him? He wasn’t her type. She could have anyone. Why did she want him?
He walks over.
“Hey” he says with a smile. I look at him.
“What was that about?” I ask.
“What was what about?” He looked puzzled.
“That. With Marissa.” He hesitated.
“Well. She asked me to hang out tonight..” I glared at him.
“And.. what’d you say?” He shrugged.
“I said it wouldn’t hurt.” He blushed. I slammed my locker.
“Whatever..” I said, now storming off.
“Jess?.. What’s the matter?” He was following me now. I ignored him. I couldn’t contain the anger that was burning inside me.
“Nothing Kellin. Nothing is the matter.” I refuse to look at him, and keep walking at my fast pace. He manages to keep up.
“Are you mad?” He asked. Is he stupid? Or just clueless. Or maybe he’s doing this on purpose.
“No. I’m not mad. Go to Marissa’s house. See if I care.” I went into my class, slamming the door behind me.