Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 134.

He came back in my room, excited, smiling ear to ear. I had been thinking.

“Kellin..w-what if.. what if we waited. It.. it should be a surprise.” He sighed, leaning against the door. I hadn’t meant to get his hopes up.
“But.. you said..” He sighed. I looked up at him.
“I know.. I just.. I think.. we should wait, and have it be a surprise.” I bit my lip, and gave him the puppy dog eyes I had hoped would help me out today like they always had.
“Fine..” He said softly, now plopping back down onto the bed.

“Time’s gonna fly.” I said, gently stroking his hair. He looked up at me, giving me his usual half smile. I leaned down and kissed the top of his head.

And I was right. Time did fly. Way faster than I expected.

The next few weeks seemed to creep up on me. With Kellin’s band still on tour, I spent most days alone to kill time, waiting for my nights alone with Kellin.
Then, one night, Kellin asked me to watch from backstage.
“It’s been a while since you’ve seen a show. I remember that night you stood backstage and told me we were gonna have a baby. I was never as excited as I was, seeing you right there.” He said. I sighed.

“But now I’m huge. I’m gonna pop any second.” He giggled.
“You’re beautiful.” He kissed my nose. “Please, just watch tonight.” I sighed. How could I deny that face, those eyes.
“Fine.” I said. He smiled.
“Great.” He said, gently kissing my cheek.

He was beautiful on stage. His confidence was hypnotizing. I remember the shy Kellin that almost didn’t walk onto the stage to audition, now he could control a crowd like no one I’ve ever seen.
Then, my heart dropped, and my eyes grew wide.

My water broke.