Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 137.

And the next thing I knew, I heard crying.

“What is it?” I asked, still gripping Kellin’s hand, he looked over at the doctor anxiously.
But no one answered. The nurses were running around, and they had taken the baby into the other room.
“Where’s my baby?” I asked. My voice getting louder. “Where are you taking..” I stopped. I still didn’t know if it was a boy or a girl.
“What is it?” I asked again. Still no one answered me. What was going on? What was wrong? I looked up at Kellin, my eyes wide, now filling with tears.
“What’s going on?” I said, wiping my eyes. He bit his lip, shaking his head.
“I.. I don’t know.” He said. The tears fell from my eyes. He looked down at me, his face dropping.
“I’ll go find out.” He said, leaning down, kissing the top of my head before following the doctor and nurses out of the room.

Kellin’s P.O.V

I followed closely behind.
“Where are you going?” I yelled, and still no one answered me. “Where are you taking my baby!” Finally, one of the nurses stopped me as they were going into another room.
“Where are you taking my baby!” I said again. My heart was racing. Why wasn’t anyone telling me anything.

“Your daughter needs medical assistance immediately, sir. You’re not allowed in here.” My heart dropped. My daughter. Daughter. I have a daughter. I have a baby girl. I couldn’t contain the smile on my face. But, it was quickly wiped away when the second half replayed in my mind. Medical assistance. What was wrong? What was wrong with her?

I banged on the door, numerous times before someone finally opened the door.
“Let me see her!” I yelled, tears were falling from my eyes. I wasn’t going to go without seeing my own daughter, god forbid something happened to her. I pushed my way passed, and was finally face to face with the child I had been waiting for, if you could call it that. She was in a glass container, hooked up to different tubes, in a variety of shapes and sizes. The tears fell more freely. She was so small. So fragile. I got as close as I could to the glass. She was beautiful. I turned back to the nurses.

“What’s wrong with her?” I asked. My voice was cracking.
“She’s not breathing on her own.” They said. I bit my lip, looking back at her. She was so helpless. So tiny. I had brought her into this world, this cruel world, and now there was nothing I could do to help her. I felt my heart breaking.

“Please..” I said. I bit my lip, trying to keep from crying more than I already was. “Please.. just.. just save my little girl.” They gave me a sympathetic look, but eventually made me leave the room in order for them to work.

I sighed, now leaning against the hospital hallway. My head was spinning and the tears were falling faster now. I slid down to the floor. How was I going to tell Jess? This would kill her.
I hid my face in my knees, took a deep breath, and finally broke down and cried.