Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 140.

She was so small. So beautiful. And she was ours. I looked up at Kellin. Someone who not that long ago, was my best friend, driving me home from school, was living his dream, my husband, and now the father of my child. I smiled. It was exactly how I pictured it.

"Can I hold her?" He asked. I turned toward him, gently placing her in his arms. He sighed, smiling down at her, holding her close.
"Hey, baby." He said sweetly. He kissed her forehead and gently rocked her back and forth.
"I'm your daddy.." He sighed, still smiling at her. "You're so beautiful." I couldn't help but stare up at him. It was like falling in love all over again. He looked over at me.

"So.. how do I look?" He asked. I leaned up against him.
"You look like super Dad.." I said. He giggled.
"Good." He said "That's what I was going for."

I leaned over, gently kissing his cheek.

Soon, there was a knock at the door.
"Come in.." He said.
"Heyyyyyy.." It was Jenna. I was happy she was here. She came over to me, sitting next to me.
"How are you feeling?" She asked. I sighed, nodding.
"I'm holding up." I said. She looked over at Kellin.
"Oh, she's beautiful." She whispered. "What's her name?"

Without hesitation, Kellin turned to her.
"Copeland." He said, he was beaming. I've never seen him so excited. It was a big turn on. Jenna smiled.
"Copeland." She said "That's a beautiful name."
"Do you want to hold her?" I asked. She looked at me wide eyed.
"Can I?" She said. Kellin bit his lip, looking at me. I giggled.
"Let her hold herrrrrr.." I sighed. He hesitated, but eventually passed Copeland over into Jenna's arms. She held her close, smiling down at her.

"Hello there, baby Copeland" She said quietly. She gently kissed her forehead. I smiled. Jenna had always been there for me. She was the only girl friend I had.
"Jenna.. I was wondering.. maybe.. would you..like to be the Godmother?" She looked back at me, her eyes just as wide as before.

"M-me?" She asked. I nodded, giggling.
"Yeah.. and.. we were going to ask Jesse to be the Godfather." I looked over, Kellin was smiling. Jenna was beaming.

"I'd.. I'd love to." She looked back at Copeland.
"You hear that?" She whispered, gently rocking her. "I'm your Godmother."

I could feel Kellin getting antsy next to me. Jenna noticed. She giggled.
"Here you go, Daddy." She said, gently passing Copeland back to him. His smile grew as he held her close again. I turned to Jenna.
"He's so cute." I whispered.
"He's gonna be a good dad, Jess." She said quietly. I turned to look at him.

I knew he would be. I always knew he would be.