Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 15.

I woke up in the exact same spot. My head still against Kellin’s chest, with my arm wrapped around. I’d love to wake up to this every morning. I would just prefer a nicer scenery.
I felt him move. He moaned.
“How are you feeling?” I asked. He wiped his eyes and sighed.
“I’m fine..” He said. He curled into a ball and rolled over. I sat up.
“So, what exactly happened?” I asked. We didn’t really get to talk last night. I didn’t know what to say. I was just happy he was alive.
“A pickup came at me head on. They said they were surprised I was alive, let alone okay.” I stared at him. I couldn’t imagine a single day without Kellin. I didn’t want to. I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. Finally I asked..
“Where’s your family?” He rolled back over and sat up.
“As you can see.. no one cares. No one bothered to show up.” I bit my lip, and stared into his eyes. He stared back.
“No one cares.” He said again “.. no one but you.”
I gently kissed his forehead.
“You should get some rest.” I said. He shook his head.
“I’m okay, really.” He smiled. It was good to see him smiling.
“So how long are you in here for?” He shrugged.
“They said a day or two.”
“Well, I’ll stay with you.” He smiled, and I could see his face turning red.
“Though that gown isn’t a good look for you.” He laughed.
“I know.. That’s probably the worst part.” I sighed, brushing his hair to the side. He gently took my hand, kissing it. I felt my heart beating faster.
“I don’t know what I’d do without you.” He whispered. The feeling was mutual.
”.. So you got me flowers, huh?” I asked. He smiled and nodded.
“I’m sorry they didn’t make it in once piece.”
“It’s the thought that counts.” He was now playing with my fingers, intertwining them with his.
“They were your favorite.” He mumbled. “White roses.”
I was surprised he knew my favorite flower. I don’t even remember telling him.
“And what might I ask is the special occasion?” He scrunched up his face.
“Nows not the best time.” I nodded.
Soon enough, I heard my cell phone ring. I looked down. Of course.
My mother.