Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 16.

I answered.
“Hello?” I said. She wasted no time.
“Hello? That’s what you’re gonna say? How about an apology. Where are you? You didn’t tell me you were going out. Are you with that boy? I knew he was never a good influence on you. You’re with him aren’t you..”
I just listened.
“Jess, I am sick of you always going out, and staying out with this boy. You’re never home anymore. You’re always with this boy, this boy you even said you weren’t dating, until I caught you making out in the drive way. I don’t want you seeing this boy ever again. Now get home.”
“Mom! You can’t do that!” I finally yelled back.
“As long as you live under my roof, you will obey my rules. Now come home.”
“Fine.” I said. “Then I guess I don’t live under your roof anymore.” I hung up. Kellin was looking at me.
“What was that about?” He said. His eyes looked sympathetic. I sighed.
“My mom doesn’t want me to see you anymore.” His face dropped.
“Oh..” He said. He was less than thrilled.
“But that doesn’t matter. If she says I can’t see you, then I can’t stay there anymore. You’re all I have Kellin. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about.” I felt tears come to my eyes. “You’re the farthest thing from a bad influence. You’re the swee-” He cut me off by gently kissing me on the lips. I calmed down. He was staring back at me now.
“You can’t just leave home because of me.” He said, now pushing my hair away. I laid my head back on his chest.
“Yes I can.” I said. He gently rubbed my back.
“I see there’s no changing your mind.” I shook my head.
“Live with me.” He said. I looked up.
“R-really?” I asked. “That’s.. kind of huge.”
“Or..” He said “We could get our own place together.” His face started to turn red. He smiled. I smiled back.
“H-how would we afford it?” I asked. He shrugged.
“We could each just pick up more shifts, it’s doable.” He was serious. He wanted us to move in together. Which, of course is all I ever wanted. But, was it actually happening?
“You’re.. you’re serious.” I said. He nodded.
I gently kissed him on the lips, and I felt him smile.