Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 26.

When I opened my eyes, I reached my arms out. I didn’t feel Kellin. I picked my head up and sighed when I saw him at the foot of my bed, looking out the window.

“What are you doing up?” He laughed. I rubbed my eyes. It was still dark out.
“What time is it?” I asked. He smiled at me.
“It’s early.” He said. I looked at my clock. 4 in the morning. Fabulous. I crawled out of the blankets and sat across from Kellin. It was still raining outside. He was watching the raindrops slide down the window pane. I watched too. It was amazing how peaceful rain can be.
He looked over at me. I looked back. He didn’t say anything. I didn’t break the silence. He gently reached over and pushed the hair out of my face.
“You look cute when you wake up.” He said softly. I felt my cheeks burn. He didn’t have to lie like that.
He gently ran his fingers across my leg. I could feel the goosebumps coming back. He did this on purpose.
“So what are you gonna do about your mom?” I asked. His face dropped.
“There’s not much I can do.” He said softly. “We can’t report her, or else they’d split up me and Celine. I’m all she has.” I knew the feeling.
“So you’re just gonna deal with her throwing bottles at you?” I asked. He looked back out the window. He was done with the conversation. I sighed.
“You know I’m always here for you.” I said, finally. He looked back at me, and nodded.
“I know you are.” He said. He licked his lips, gently reaching for my hands. His eyes were shining with the now rising sun from outside. I got up and crawled over to him, gently sitting on his lap. He wrapped his arm around my waist.
“So, are we…” I cut him off, and my cheeks were burning again.
“Kellin..” I sighed. He lied me back down on the bed, now leaning over me, staring into my eyes.
“You’re all I want, and I’ll wait for you.” I looked up at him. His beautiful eyes staring back at me. I gently tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him close to me, kissing him on the lips. He kissed me back harder. I felt my heart beat faster than before.
Finally, he pulled away. His face bothered and distorted.
“But I can’t do this if you’re gonna make me wait forever.”