Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 32.

“Hey Taylor” I said. I forced a smile. I wanted more than anything for it to be Kellin meeting me when I got home. He smiled back.
“So, you ready?” He asked. I bit my lip. I really didn’t want to go. All I wanted was to be with Kellin again; reliving that night we lied together, the night filled with his kisses, with him holding me, and falling asleep in his arms. I want that every night. That was probably one of the best nights of my life.
“Um..” I said. Then, looking passed Taylor, I saw something down the street. Not something, someone. It was Kellin. I knew that mop of hair anywhere. My heart beat faster.
“Um.. actually Taylor…” I said. I looked away. “I just remembered, I.. I can’t tonight. I promised my mom I’d help her with something.. around the house.” His face dropped.
“Oh..” He said. He looked down. “Um, alright, then… I guess I’ll see you in school.” I nodded.
I knew exactly what Kellin was doing. He wouldn’t step foot over here with Taylor around. I looked over at him. He had his guitar strapped around his back, and he was holding something. I couldn’t tell from down the road. I motioned him to come over. He started walking. I couldn’t help but meet him halfway.
He was holding flowers. My heart was beating faster now. My cheeks burned. I couldn’t contain my smile.
“What’s all this?” I asked. He smiled back at me, his face blushing too.
“These are for you.” He said softly, handing me the bouquet of white roses.
“They’re… beautiful, Kellin. But.. what’s all this for?” I ask. He bit his lip, then grabed my hand. I’m surprised my heart didn’t pop out of my chest. I gripped his hand tight, and leaned against him. He intertwined our fingers.
He brought me back to the lake, which seemed to be our spot. He sat down and held his guitar in front of him. I sat close across from him. He was quiet for a little, as if he was thinking. I stared into his eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes, those in which I could just get lost in if I wasn’t careful. Finally, he opened his mouth.
“Jess..” He said “I.. I.. wrote you something.”
“You.. you wrote me a song?” I asked. My cheeks were burning. He nodded.
“Y-yeah…” He said softly. Then, he started to sing. My heart melted.
Stay for the night, if you want to, I can show you
What my dreams are made of, as I’m dreaming of your face
I was mesmerized by him. He was everything I wanted and more. I had so many feelings for Kellin, and this song only reassured them. I just wanted him to myself. Just him and me forever.
How the hell did we end up like this? You bring out the beast in me.
I fell in love, from the moment we kissed, since then, we’ve been history.
They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need.
Please stay, forever with me.
After he finished, I was speechless. He looked up at me, his eyes hopeful.
“I rehursed everything I wanted to say in my head, but, I.. I can’t really.. remember it. So, I guess I’ll just wing it but..” I cut him off.
“I love you.