Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 43.

Kellin’s P.O.V

My hands were shaking. I felt like I could throw up any minute. I gripped my guitar strap tight. They were staring at me. Everyone was staring at me. The lights were almost blinding. I squinted trying to see the guys in the folding chairs.
“What are you playing?” One asked. His voice was low. Intimidating.
“I.. um..” I said. My voice was shaking. Knock it off, Kellin. Just get a grip.
“I’ll.. actually.. be playing an original.” I said. One of them raised their eyebrows. I couldn’t tell if that was good or not. I swung around my guitar and sat on the stool they had. The microphone was sitting there in front of me. I’ve never actually used one before. I didn’t know how I sounded. I bit my lip.
“Alright.” said the biggest of the four “Whenever your ready.”
I took my pick out from my pocket, and took a deep breath. Before I went to play, I could see Jess, in the back of the room. She was smiling. She noticed, and gave me a small wave. My heart jumped, and I smiled.

Stay for the night, if you want to I can show you
What my dreams are made of, as I’m dreaming of your face
The room got more quiet the more I sang. People stopped their conversations to stop and listen to me. The four guys up front took notice. I wasn’t used to everyone watching, everyone listening to me. Everyone actually being interested in what I was doing. Suddenly I was who everyone listened to. I was most important right now. I mattered. It made me feel good; great, even.
They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need
Please stay, forever with me.
I finished and looked up at the four folding chairs. They were all staring back, one writing something down on the clip board. Was I good? Did they like me? I didn’t mess up this time, as far as I knew of, anyway. I’m sure if I did, I could play it off anyway, since it was my song, but-
I heard clapping, and suddenly it grew. Everyone was clapping. Everyone was looking at me, smiling, clapping. I looked to the back, and saw Jess. She was too. Her and Celine. I felt my face get red. I just wanted to make her proud. Finally, the guys in the folding chairs even clapped. The one on the end smirked at me. I smiled, and looked down at my feet.

“Thank you” I said. My face was burning. Before I walked off the stage, one of them stopped me.
”..Kellin, right?” I looked over at them.
“Yes.” I said “I’m Kellin. Kellin Quinn.” One of them smiled, and nodded, writing something else down on the clip board. I bit my lip, waiting for anything else they had to say.
“Thank you, Kellin.” They said. I took that as them dismissing me. I quickly walked off the stage. Everyone was patting me on the back as I walked through the crowd. Patting me, high-fiving me, congratulating me. I smiled, and nodded, thanking them. But all I wanted to do was find Jess.
Finally, I saw her. I could help but smile. She was smiling at me. My heart was beating faster. My hands were sweating. I felt the same before I got on stage, but this time, it was good. I liked this feeling. When it was for her. I quickly made my way over to her, picking her up, and swinging her around in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and held me tight. I felt Celine wrap her arms around my leg. I laughed.
“You were great” She said. My heart was beating faster.
“Thank you for being here.” I said. She sighed.
“Like I said, anything for you.”