Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 50.

“Um..” I didn’t know what to say. Of course I found Taylor to be attractive. But that was besides the point. He heard him laugh.
“It’s okay..” He said “You don’t have to tell me you want me, if you don’t want to.” I blushed.
“Shut up, I do not.” He laughed. Soon enough, he pulled into the restaurant.
“This place is.. nice.” I said. He nodded.
“I’ve always wanted to take you somewhere nice.” He said simply, then got out of the car. I followed him close.
“Am I allowed to hold your hand?” He asked. I pictured Kellin grabbing my hand after his audition. A quick flash of his beaming smile popped into my head.
“No.” I said. He nodded.
We went in and were quickly seated. Apparently Taylor knew the manager.
“So..” Taylor said “You and Kellin..” He trailed off.
“What about me and Kellin..” I said. He looked up at me.
“When.. when did that happen?” He asked. He sighed.
“A few days ago.” I said.
“… You’ve always had a thing for him, haven’t you” he asked. I felt my face get red.
“Yes..” I said, without hesitation. I always did. He nodded, looking back at the menu.
“When.. back when we were friends..” He said
“When we were friends.. We.. are friends.” I said. He sighed.
“I mean.. when we were good friends.. best friends. Did.. did you ever.. I don’t know.. feel anything.. for me?” He said. He bit his lip and looked up at me.
“Oh.. I.. Uh..” My face was burning now. I did have a crush on Taylor when we were little, but I don’t think now was the best time to tell him that. I don’t think there was ever going to be a good time to tell him that.
“If you didn’t you can tell me, it’s okay.” He said quietly.
“I did..” I said. What was I getting myself into.
“You did?” He said. His face lit up. My heart starting beating faster. I loved seeing Taylor smile. I nodded.
“I did.” I said. He smiled, and looked back down at his menu.
“I had a crush on you too..” He said. I looked back at him.
“Actually..” He began to trail off “.. I still do.”