Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 96.

I went outside, heading to the car.
“Jess!” Kellin yelled. I ignored him, and kept walking.
“Jess!” he yelled again. I stopped at the car. “What’s the problem!” He yelled. “Did you not like the song? I.. I don’t have to perform that one.. I’m sorry.. If it’s about us a-” I cut him off.
“It’s not about the song” I said. I looked away.
“Then what’s the problem?” He asked. I bit my lip. I was ridiculous to say out loud, but it still made me furious. And I knew if I said anything to him about it, he would just not go, and that’s the last thing I wanted. He deserved this.
“It.. it’s nothing..” I said. He gave me a look.
“That’s bullshit. You don’t just run out like that for no reason.” I sighed.
“Okay, fine. Do you want to know the problem? You’re perfect. That’s the problem. You are perfect, Kellin. You’re an incredible singer, you’re gorgeous, and girls would kill to have you! Girls that are skinnier than me, and prettier than me, and have so much more to offer than I do. And I hate the idea of so many girls thinking of you the way I think about you! I hate the fact that there will be so many girls, throwing themselves at you, and you could have any of them.” I felt my face get red. I didn’t mean to explode like that. My stomach felt sick. I looked down, and with everything in me, forced myself not to start crying.
“I just..” I bit my lip. My voice cracked. Great. “I just.. don’t know if I can handle this.” I said.