Status: Updated sporadically. Really when I have an idea :) but right now (9/18/2012) Im putting it on temp. hiatus. Im so sorry!

Rolling Along

Don't Lose the Sweet

My shoes hit the smooth floor with dull slaps. I walked pass Big Cat’s cage, and turned the corner to stand in front of the door. He glanced up and raised an eyebrow.

“May I?” I asked, motioning to enter. Big Cat blinked at me surprised, but nodded none the less.

I put one foot on the flooring and when I went to step with the other, I completely tripped and fell on to my knee. I heard him stifle a laugh, and I didn’t even try. I just laughed aloud, prompting Big Cat to join me. I started to stand, and I felt his hand help me life up more. “That was graceful. Thank you!”

“Welcome. Are you okay?” He slightly worried.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I smiled to him. I walked/skipped to one of the chairs and flopped down as Big Cat sat down at his desk. “So, what’s chillin’, Kitty?”

“Well Sugar, I am working.” He sighed at his nickname.

“Ug. Boring. Let’s do something fun!” I suggested, my face lighting up. He bit back a smile.

“I am SUPPOSED to be working.” He emphasized.

“Watch an’ learn Kitty, then we can rock an’ roll.” I said, standing up. He rolled his eyes, breathing a laugh. He went back to typing as I stood and started to walk out.

“Don’t trip.” He deadpanned.

“Fuck you.” I laughed.

Skipping pass Drama’s office, I saw him stare at me. I stopped, just out of his view, and ran backwards. I bared my teeth in a purposely weird grin, and waved like a maniac. Drama just lifted a hand and waved faintly. I turned my head, stopping the grin, and skipped the rest of the way to Rob’s office. I got right outside the door and raised my hand. I paused and put my hand down, starting to turn.

“Wait!” Rob called. I looked back at him innocently. He waved me in. As I opened the door nervously, the other man in the room turned his head to look at me. I just stood awkwardly and fidgeted. “Who is this glorious man that sits before me!?” Rob all but shouted, pointing at the man. When I didn’t answer, he looked at me expectantly.

“Oh! You wanted me to answer! Sorry, I was a little busy being shell shocked.” I explained in a rushed way. The man just grinned at me, his glasses obscuring the mirth dancing through his liquid chocolate eyes. “He’s Johnny Knoxville!” I said cutely, pointing at him while looking at Rob.

Johnny lifted his shades up and onto his head.

“Yes ma’am.” He nodded.

“We were just discussing making Dustin and you help them with a prank. That is if Dustin allows you.” Rob told me.

“Allows?” Questioned Johnny.

“Yes, my brother is protective-“

“That is an understatement.” Rob cut me off.

“I kind of guessed after watching all of you guys’ skateboarding games.”

“Tournaments.” Rob and I corrected together. We shared a quick smile, and I glanced back to Johnny. I bit my lip and smiled adorably at him.

“You watch our tournaments?” I asked him. He gave a small laugh.

“Yeah.” He nodded, slowly letting a smile fight through.

“That’s rad.” I said under my breath, smiling a lot.

Johnny Knoxville was on the same level as Rob in my mind. Basically: total amazing radness. On a scale of one to ten of radness, they both got a fifteen. They completely amazed me sometimes. Okay…I admit I still completely fangirled in my mind over the people here. So, I was having a hard time not fangirling over that.

“You’re such a fangirl!” Rob said in that goofy way of his. Damn, and I had thought I was hiding
it good.

“Oh, hush! Everyone needs their own fangirl! You just so happen to have one at your disposal.”

“Hush? That’s cute.” Johnny told me.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“Anyways, what did you need?” Rob asked kindly.

“Oh yeah, that. I’m stealing Kitty for the day. If it’s alright with you of course.” I pouted and gave him the puppy eyes at the same time. One can go very wrong with that look. Can make it over done. But my look totally kicked ass.

“Why are you stealing Big Cat for the day?” asked Rob, rubbing his face a little.

“Wait. You call Big Cat, Kitty?” Johnny asked, fighting a smile. I looked to him with big, innocent eyes.

“Yup. ‘Cause he’s all soft and stuff.”

“Okay, that is cute!”

“Thank you again!” He nodded at me, and looked to Rob, shooting him a look I couldn’t see.
Whatever look it was, Rob responded with a nod and fond look my way.

“What’re you two going to do?” Rob inquired.

“Well, I planned on taking him out to a skate park and just chilling around for a while. We haven’t had much time together for a while so I figured we’d go.” I explained, giving him a nervous look I knew would work.

As you may have guessed by now: I was good at playing people. But I usually only did it for the right reasons. Like trying to spring Big Cat for the day.

“Aww! Go ahead!” Rob told me.

“Yay!” I gave a clap with my excitement. I hoped around his desk and hugged him. “Thank you!”
I said happily, and pecked his cheek. As I walked pass Johnny I raised my hand in a fist. We knuckle touched. “Twas a pleasure to meet you Mr. Knoxville!”

“Twas a pleasure to meet you as well Mrs. Markison.”

“Ms. Markison,” I smiled as realization clouded his features. “Despite popular belief, my brother and I don’t do that stuff.”

“Sorry.”

“No problem.” I winked with a smile. I then left the room. But as I walked away, I heard a few lines of their conversation.

“Perfect. She’s adorable, sweet, innocent, and completely perfect for this. Can you get her to do it?”

“Prank her own brother and the rest of your crew? Probably. She’s pretty devious. Just no pain
or tears for the guys.”

And that was all I heard. But it brought a grin to my face.

“Kitty!” I called in a high pitched voice. It resembled the girl, Boo’s, voice from Monster’s Inc.

“Yes, Sugar?” He called back, but normally.

“Grab your keys and board.” I told him as I walked by. I grabbed my own board that was leaning against the outside cage wall, and continued out to his car. I hoped into the passenger seat and
put my board behind me. As I pulled my seat belt on, Big Cat came out. He jumped in the driver’s seat, and his board went in the back to.

“Where are we going?” He asked as he situated himself.

“Well…I was wondering if you’d like to go to the local skate park? It’s totally groovy!” I tried to convince him. Big Cat hit the brakes, for he had been backing up, and looked at me. Stared really.

“Groovy?” He questioned.

“Yeah…it’s a fun word.” I held my hands up. He took a breath, exasperated but still finding my word choice funny.

“Alrighty then…”

The rest of the ride was silent. Dead silent. The kind of silent that’s too tough to be cut with a knife. The hated silence. The horrible silence. The dreaded silence.

The awkward silence.

At least the park wasn’t too far away. We arrived there within a half hour. And while we got our boards to get out of the car, Big Cat asked a question. And in my mind I thanked him for shattering the awkward that threatened to overtake us.

“Why didn’t we just skate at the Factory?”

“Because we could be interrupted.”

“Can’t we be here?”

“Yes, but it’s not a guarantee.”

“Yeah, but-“

“Listen! I wanted to spend some time with you! You’re one of my best friends despite the age gap! You know almost as much as Sam and I-“ Big Cat cut my rambling off with a bone crushing hug. I quickly threw my arms around him.

“You’ve been through a lot these past few months. You needed an adult and I, the one who’s usually there, wasn’t. I’m sorry Sugar.” Big Cat mumbled into my hair. I just clinged to his soft black shirt.

“Kitty?” I asked quietly into his chest.

“Yes, Sugar?”

“Although I’d love to stand hugging, this has to be uncomfortable for you.” Big Cat was 6 foot and I was only 4 foot 9 inches. My height made me perfect for pair skating, it sucked for most other things. I felt him smile against my head.

“Very.” He finally said, and released me from his hug. For a few seconds I held on, but stepped back and put a foot on my board. I gave him a challenging look.

“Race you to the half pipe!” I rushed, and skated off at full speed.

“Cheater!” he yelled, but I heard wheels behind me within seconds.

We skated around for hours. By the time we stopped, the sun had gone out and we were the only ones there. I rolled over to the picnic table, and jumped up on it. I sat and stretched my neck. Big Cat jumped up next to me, and threw an arm over my shoulders.

“You and Chanel should get married.” I commented randomly. I felt him freeze, then slowly looked to me. I turned my head and gave him a blank face.

“W-why do you say that?” Big Cat asked, slightly freaked out.

“She looks at you like you’re the only thing in the entire world. When she went down that huge hill, she only wanted you. She trusted YOU to send her off. Whenever you leave she watches after you. She can’t not talk about you. And I swear to everything in the entire universe that if I have to hear, no matter how much she claims it’s an accident she said it, how big you are or how good you are, I am going to die. Just die on the spot because I never ever ever ev-fucking-er EVER wanted or want to hear that.” I shivered.

“Oh my gosh.” He whispered horrified. His arm had already dropped, and his hands covered his red face.

“You think you’re horrified! Imagine walking into a room and hearing THAT.”

“I am so sorry.”

“For what? Being-“ I started to tease.

“Stop!” He shrieked, knowing what I was going to say. I burst into laughter. Eventually he joined in. “What am I going to do with you two?” He asked rhetorically.

“I already know what you’re doing with Chanel.”

“Shut up!” He whined. I laughed lightly, and grabbed my phone from my back pocket.

“Oh fuck.” I said in a voice that quite clearly sounded like the whole, ‘that’s-bad-or-horrible-but-at-the-moment-I-don’t-really-care-so-I’ll-just-talk-in-a-high-pitched-voice.’ way.

“What?” Big Cat questioned, looking up at the stars.

“It’s 2:32 am and my brother has called thirty-seven times and messaged fifty-four.” I responded in the same voice. I looked up at the stars as Big Cat gave me a startled look.

“Why aren’t you freaking out?” He freaked out himself. I shrugged a bit.

“I already know I’m in trouble so there’s no use in freaking out really.” I said smartly.

“Yes, but I can freak out. I can also find the need to get you home immediately.” He rushed,
standing up quickly and grabbing our boards. I just stared at the stars. “Come on!” He prompted. I picked up my phone and hit speed dial one. Two rings and it was picked up.

“WHERE AR-“ My brother’s voice started to shout.

“I’m okay. I’ve been okay and will continue to be. I’ll be home sometime today. Don’t worry too much, Dustin. I love you.” And then I hung up. Big Cat sort of stared at me and blinked a few times. I laid back and sighed. I heard two drops and a body joined mine.

“Kitty?” I asked like a small child.

“Yes, Sugar?”

“Sometimes, I don’t even want to go home. I just want to run away.” I said in a clear, faint voice.

“Anytime you feel like that, you can run to me. Run to anyone of us. Just don’t run away from us.”

“Why?” Big Cat pulled me into his side and kissed my head, much like earlier.

“You’re our Sugar. Our lives wouldn’t be sweet if we didn’t have you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I hate how I described this. I hate how I described Big Cat. I HATE HOW I WRITE!

But apparently not everyone does. I have subscribers that I LOVE! And now I am a part of (my first EVER) a co-write. It's called Just the Way You Are and it is a Rob Dyrdek fanfic. http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/484559/Just-The-Way-You-Are/ and I'd like to thank a7xgirl2008 for asking me to do this! You're amazing!

Yet I can't see why. My writing SUCKS. Like, horribly. It skips, it's cliche, it's confusing and it's wordy and you know what? I still post. Because I still have subscribers. I love you guys!

Thank you all for this! It means the world!