‹ Prequel: Makorra

Admit It, You Like Me

Face the Crowd

I do not own anything associated with Legend of Korra and such and such.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Face the Crowd

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Setting: At the party that Tarrlock has set up for Korra, Mako is there with Asami, you know.
Here we go:)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Korra gazed at herself in the mirror, wearing her Northern Water Tribe style dress, her brown hair cascading down her shoulder, framing her face. Tonight was the night of Tarrlock’s party that he was throwing in honor of her, the Avatar.

She took deep breathes as her and Tenzin entered the hall. It was full of people Korra had never seen, of course the members of the Order of the White Lotus where there, eyeing her and Tenzin. She felt a huge weight weigh down on her shoulders from the stares of everyone in the room.
She stayed by Tenzin’s side, knowing that everyone in the room was keeping their eyes on her.
As they reached the middle of the hall, everyone turned and looked at her clapping. “I can’t believe they all came here for me.” Korra thought to herself.

“So glad you could make it Avatar Korra,” She heard a husky voice from behind her, she turned around to see Tarrlock, in his Southern Water Tribe style suit.
“Hello Korra, it is my pleasure to introduce Republic City’s most famous industrialist, Hiroshi Sato.” He said gesturing to the man.
“Nice to meet you.” She said.
“We’re all expecting great things from you,” Hiroshi said shaking her hand, “,please let me introduce you to my daughter, Asami Sato.” He said gesturing to the girl standing behind him.

Korra couldn’t stop herself from gasping in her beauty. She had raven black hair, and striking green eyes, and she wore a lot of make-up. Korra couldn’t help but feel ugly in her presence. She was so caught up in Asami’s beauty that she didn’t notice whose arm she was clinging to.
“Mako…” Korra said as she felt a tightening sensation in her chest as she saw the fire bender dressed in a black suit, hair slicked back. He was….breathtaking.
“It’s nice to meet you, Mako’s told me so much about you,” Asami said in a lady-like voice, pulling Korra out of the trance of Mako’s appearance, giving her a smile that made Korra’s heart hurt even more.
“Really? Because I haven’t heard anything about you at all. How did you too meet?” Korra said, eyeing Mako with spiteful eyes. Korra was taken aback. She couldn’t believe what she had just said, what was this feeling that she felt? Why did she felt this burning sensation in her chest, feeling hatred for this girl who had done nothing wrong? Mako looked at Korra wide-eyed.
“Asami ran into him on her moped.” Bolin jumped into their conversation.
“Are you alright?” Korra said looking at Mako.
“I’m fine, more than fine.” Mako said looking at Asami smiling beautifully at her.
“I’m sorry, please excuse me.” Korra said, leaving them to watch her in confusion as she walked away.
She walked into the deserted hallway. Leaning against a wall, she couldn’t shake the image of the beautiful girl clinging onto Mako’s arm, why couldn’t he smile at her like that? Was is because she wasn’t beautiful and graceful like Asami? She hunched over, clutching her chest as the pain rippled through her. What was this feeling? Korra had never felt it before.
“Dammit.” She said, as tears welled in her eyes. “Deep breaths Korra…breathe. You’re the Avatar. Everyone’s eyes are on you….Smile.” She said to herself, plastering a smile on her face, which made her feel numb on the inside.

She walked back through the door. Tarrlock found her, pulling her to the top of a staircase facing a crowd of reporters below. Korra couldn’t even worry about the reporters, as she still felt the numbness in her. She was pulled out of her pain by a flashing light bulbs and a flood of questions coming at her, without any time to react, Korra stood dumbfounded.

“Avatar Korra, you witnessed Amon taking away someone’s bending how much of a threat do you think he is to Republic City?” A reporter shouted at her
“umm…I…” Korra couldn’t speak.
“Avatar why haven’t you done anything to help the bending community, why have you not joined Tarrlock’s task force???” Another reporter shouted.
“I…I…” Korra was still frozen.
“As the avatar shouldn’t you be going after Amon?” Another questioned
Korra looked around the room eyeing Tenzin whose mouth hung wide open. Then at the eyes of the people who were waiting for her answer.
The reporters kept hounding her with questions.
“Are you afraid of Amon?” The question hung in the air. Korra still scanned the crowd not being able to reply. Until she met the gaze of golden eyes staring intently at her. “Mako…..” she thought to herself as images of him and Asami returned to her.
“I’M NOT AFRAID OF ANBODY! IF THE CITY NEEDS ME THEN I’LL JOIN TARRLOCK’S TASK FORCE AND HELP FIGHT AMON.” She said. The words left her mouth before she could realize what she was saying.
At that moment she met the golden gaze again. Mako was now standing with his mouth wide open. She averted her eyes from his, as she walked away from the crowd.

~ ~ ~ ~
END. Leave me your comments on this chapter please:)
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think! If i should continue this story of just give up. Leave me your reviews and such.