‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

14

Tate

“Tate, someone’s here for you,” Jacob said from my door. I glanced up from where I was on my bed to see him smirking. I looked at him curiously until he moved to the side and Niall was standing there smiling. I looked at them both horrified.

“Have fun,” Jacob said before walking away leaving Niall in the doorway. I practically glared into the wall hoping it would burn through and get my brother. He knew I looked like a mess. I was still in my pyjamas which consisted of long flannelette pants and an old baggy shirt, my hair was tied up on top of my head messily and I was wearing my glasses. I glanced around my room helplessly to see a few bras and undies strews across my desk otherwise everything else was in order.

“Can I come in?” Niall asked shyly from the door.

“Sure,” I said jumping up and grabbing my bras and undies and throwing them in the closest draw. I then glanced down at my outfit knowing that it was hopeless to fix that. I turned to Niall self consciously.

“I didn’t know you wore glasses.” Niall stated.

“I only need them if I’ve been reading or writing for a while otherwise I start to get headaches.” I explained standing there awkwardly. I then quickly walked over and shut my door. Niall rose his eyebrows at me.

“Jacob will try to listen otherwise,” I explained moving over and putting the music on softly to make sure Jacob couldn’t spy. Niall merely accepted my explanation. He glanced at my bed where I had paper strewn all across. Niall reached for one. I leapt forward and ripped it out of his hands. He looked at me surprised.

“There song lyrics,” I explained. “And they’re not finished.”

He looked kind of hurt and I felt bad but he merely just shrugged and glanced around my room at everything as I scrambled to place all the papers back into my notebook.

“You play?” Niall asked holding up my acoustic guitar.

“Jacob’s trying to teach me but I’m not very good yet.” I shrugged as Niall strummed his fingers across the strings creating beautiful music that I was having extreme trouble in creating. I frowned at him.

“I could help you if you want?” Niall offered glancing up at me.

“I would like that,” I smiled.

“That means you’re going to have to show me your lyrics,” Niall smirked at me. I glanced towards my notebook and back to Niall gulping slightly. I sighed eventually.

“You can’t laugh at them though,” I warned. Niall smiled eagerly and sat down on my bed reaching for my notebook. I quickly pulled it away from him.

“I choose the lyrics you can look at.” I said sternly before searching through the songs. To me none of them were good enough to show Niall yet.

“What about that song you were singing at the studio a while ago. You said you might show me when you were done.” Niall reminded me. I glanced up at him surprised he remembered that. I searched through my notebook to find the song. I sighed I wasn’t really sure about this song either. I hesitated before giving the notebook to Niall to read.
I watched as he read through the lyrics pulling his eyebrows together. I nervously chewed on my bottom lip waiting for his reaction. After a minute he glanced up at me.
“This is a really good song Tate!” He exclaimed smiling at me supportively. I gave him a shy smile back.
“Can you sing it, I want to hear how you would sing it.” Niall’s eyes pleaded with mine. I sighed before reaching forward and pulling the book out of his hand and prepared to sing the first two verses.

I remember the nights we spent under city lights
This feelings got the best of me
We were floating along to the sounds of a dead end town
But now that's just a memory

I can't figure you out, you've got more fight in you
Than anybody else
And here's the part where I start to make my own damn decisions
And make a name for my self


I paused after those two voices and Niall was smiling at me sweetly.

“That was great, now the chorus.” I rolled my eyes at how demanding he was before I moved onto the chorus. Just as I was about to open my mouth and sing Niall began to strum the guitar. I glanced at him surprised he merely nodded his head telling me to continue as he played.

I'll never be what you want
I wouldn't change any part of me
Just to make you stay
You had a piece of my heart
But not enough to just run away
'Cause I know what's best for me


“Wow, that was exactly how I imagined the music. How did you know?” I asked Niall amazed. He just shrugged. I grinned largely.

“Could you show Jacob?” I asked him sweetly.

“Of course,” He said. I leant forward and threw my arms around his neck. He awkwardly hugged me back since the guitar was squished between us.

“Thank you so much,” I said meaning every word.

“It’s fine Tate really.”

“Not that I’m not glad you’re here right now. But why did you come here?” I asked him suddenly pulling away. He blushed slightly.

“I uh just wanted to see you since I haven’t seen you since yesterday...” He trailed off looking away and placing the guitar against the wall. I couldn’t fight the grin off my face.

“Did you want to go get a coffee or something?” I asked him. He nodded and stood up. “I just have to get changed.” I said quickly grabbing some clothes and running to the bathroom. I quickly got changed and ran a brush through my hair. I dumped my glasses on the counter and ran back into my room. Niall wasn’t there. I headed out into the living room and saw Niall chatting with Jacob in the kitchen. I watched them warily as they laughed. Jacob looked over at me smirking; there was a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Alright let’s go Niall.” I said quickly pulling him out of the flat before Jacob could say anything he would regret. We walked in silence to the close Starbucks. It was one of the reasons I wanted the flat Jacob and I rented because this Starbucks was extremely close. We ordered our drinks and sat down at an empty table.

We sat there for a bit chatting about anything that came to mind. Our recording, his boys, my boys and my looming trip to America.

“I’ll miss you,” Niall let me know as I blushed at his blunt statement.

“I’ll miss you too,” I admitted. I had grown comfortable to this boy and accustomed to seeing him nearly every day. Niall looked like he was thinking hard about something as he stared out of the window.

“Niall?” I asked unsurely. He turned to face me and stayed silent for a moment. I grew worried.

“Tate, would it be okay if I kissed you right now?” Niall asked. I blushed.

“You’ve never asked me before.” I said softly.

“Well I guess I’m asking you if I can kiss you as you’re boyfriend.” Niall said staring at me intently. I small smile formed on my face as I stared back into his beautiful eyes. I nodded at him. He smiled that large smiled that he seemed to have just for me. His smile alone took my breath away.

He leant forward slightly as I in turn leant over the table towards him. He gently placed his lips against mine and I eagerly reciprocated. After a short amount of time, too short for my liking, he pulled away. He grinned at me keeping his face close to mine. I laughed softly and we both sat back down in our seats. We sat there for a while longer chatting about our families. I told him that mine were living in London and that Jacob was my only sibling. I got along well with my family and they were extremely supportive. He told me about his family in Mullingar, his parents and grandparents and his brother Greg. The whole time our feet had entwined themselves with each other under the table.

Niall’s phone beeped distracting him from the conversation for a moment.

“We’re all eating at Liam’s tonight. Do you want to come?” Niall asked looking up at me. I nodded happily. He quickly typed a text back and looked up at me. “We should probably go.”

I stood up and threw both of our empty drink cups before following Niall outside. He instantly reached over and grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers. I happily held onto his hand as we walked back to my flat where Niall’s car was. I jumped in Niall’s car and texted Jacob to let him know I wouldn’t be home for tea tonight.

The beginning lyrics to my song Rumour Mill came on through the radio and I groaned and reached over to change it. Niall slapped my hand away and merely turned it up. I glared at him as my own voice came through the radio. After my song was over we both pissed ourselves laughing when One Thing came on through the radio. I turned the song up even louder smirking at Niall and we both song along happily to the song louder than the radio.

We walked to the elevator hand in hand and up to Liam’s apartment where Niall just walked in. I shook my head at the fact he didn’t knock before he pulled me in and shut the door behind us.

The first thing I noticed was that there was a lot of people in Liam’s small apartment and there was a lot of loud laughter coming from the couches. I looked over to see Skye sitting next to Harry chatting with two new girls I didn’t know. Eleanor and Danielle were also joining in on the conversation. I frowned as I noticed Lilly sitting on the other side of Harry, she was obviously trying to talk to him. He was merely answering her shortly. Liam was in the kitchen with Zayn and Louis.

“Tate!” Skye called waving me over, I smiled at Niall and let go of his hand and headed over towards the girls. Harry stood up and smiled at me, giving me his seat as he joined the boy’s in the kitchen. Lilly shot me a look and I just merely glared back at her. Skye watched our exchange curiously.

“These are my two best friends Casey and Paige,” Skye introduced me pointing to a tall pretty blonde and a slightly shorter but pretty brown headed girl. I smiled at them both happily.

“So this is Tate that we have heard so much about.” Casey said her Australian accent flowing out. I smiled at how they sounded exactly like Skye.

“I love you’re music!” She added. I glanced at her surprised.

“You’ve heard my music?” I asked. They both nodded.

“When Skye told us about you she told us to google you’re music. We’re in love with it!” Paige said smiling at me warmly. I smiled back.

“Thank you,” I said blushing slightly.

“You’re in a band?” Lilly asked unbelieving. We all turned to look at her as looked at me waiting for a reply.

“Yes she is.” Casey said forcefully, glaring at the girl. I’m assuming Casey or Paige didn’t know who Lilly really was to Harry but they didn’t like her anyway. I glanced away and over to the kitchen to see Harry watching us intently. I glared at him slightly, he just frowned and shook his head at me before turning away. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the girls. I saw Paige staring at me curiously. I just smiled at her softly before excusing myself to the toilet. I felt absolutely horrible from keeping this secret from Skye, how were Eleanor and Danielle okay with it?
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm in love with Niall in this chapter... just a little bit ;D