‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

15

Skye

I glared at Lilly after her insult at Tate and Tate excused herself to the bathroom. I hope Tate wasn’t hurt by what Lilly said. I didn’t know what that girl’s problem was but I thought she was a lot nicer than that. Lilly stood up and went and joined the boys in the kitchen.

“Bitch,” Casey mumbled under her breath glaring at the girl.

“Casey!” I chastised, glaring at her. She gave me an innocent look which caused me to laugh.

Ever since the girls had arrived yesterday we had done nothing but talk and laugh. I slept out on the couches with them last night so we could talk more. I had really missed them and I was going to hate parting with them again.

“Food’s ready,” Liam announced as Tate came out of the bathroom and we all walked over to the kitchen grabbing our food. Because of how many of us there were we all sat around the living room with plates on our laps. Some of us were on the floor, others on the couch. I was sitting between Casey and Paige with my back resting against the couch in between Harry’s legs as we ate and chatted for a while longer.

“Hey the guys and I are going to have an all nighter here and just play games. You don’t mind right?” Harry asked me after dinner.

“Of course not,” I smiled largely at him. “Don’t mind if I take the bed with Casey and Paige?”

Harry just shook his head. I smiled largely and kissed his cheek before saying goodbye to everyone and heading upstairs with Casey and Paige.

“I still cannot believe you’re living in London. I can’t believe I’m in London right now!” Paige exclaimed staring out the window at the view mine and Harry’s room had.

“Are you sure Harry doesn’t mind us sleeping in here?” Casey asked coming out of the bathroom with wet hair.

“Of course not.” I smiled at her and put the DVD into the TV.

“Are you two okay?” Paige asked. I looked at her confused.

“Yeah, why?” I asked unsure.

“Well it’s just you haven’t really been spending time with him...” She trailed off. I laughed at her.
“You guys have been here just over a day, can you blame me for wanting to spend all my time with you both. Harry understands.” I shrugged before jumping on the bed and pulling the popcorn over towards me. The other two joined not long after.

-

“What are these?” Paige asked picking up something. I didn’t answer her though I was distracted by the price, I was trying to calculate it in British money. It was annoying as hell my mind kept automatically going back to Australian dollars.

“That’s a good price,” Danielle said coming up beside me. I smiled at her happily and chucked the chips into the trolley. I had been out with the girls showing Casey and Paige around London and on the way home we stopped at the grocery store so I could get food for the apartment.

After we finished I headed over and waited in line to be served. I glanced at some magazines and quickly picked up a few to chuck in the trolley. I glanced at one to see One Direction plastered on the front. Knowing it was stupid to look since it was probably a lie, I curiously picked it up just to see. I flipped to the page it said and I saw photos of Eleanor, Louis, Harry, Lilly and I walking back to the apartment the other day.

Wondering what on earth could have been so news worthy about these events I glanced over the captions for the photos.

Harry’s current Aussie girlfriend acting friendly with his last girlfriend Lilly Taylor.

I stared at the caption for a while longer letting the information soak in.

“Skye were being served.” Someone nudged me in the back. I ignored them and began to read the article. Apparently Lilly and Harry had broken up a month before he had come to Australia. They had been on and off for 6 months previously. I glanced up to see the girls going through the checkout shooting me weird looks. I threw down the magazine with the food and quickly payed for everything. I grabbed some bags and was the first out of the shopping centre. I stood near Eleanor’s car waiting for the others to catch up.

“Skye, are you okay?” Eleanor asked cautiously. I stared at her for a moment before I pulled the magazine out of the bag and flipped it to the page and pushing it in front of her face.

“Did you know?” I asked her. Her face suddenly went serious and I knew. I turned to Danielle and pushed the magazine in front of her. Her face lost its colour as she looked up at me.

“You both knew and you didn’t tell me?” I asked her quietly. She nodded slowly and went to open her mouth.

“Don’t,” I whispered and hopped into the car waiting for them. Everyone climbed in after me. Casey placed her hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off. I was numb, I couldn’t process it all. This was what everyone had been keeping from me. This was what Harry had been keeping from me. I should have realised from the way she looked at him. God I was an idiot. I couldn’t believe no one told me, not even the boys.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I felt betrayed not only from Harry but from everyone. The moment we pulled up outside the apartment I grabbed a couple of bags and headed up.

I pushed the door open forcefully and walked straight to the kitchen dumping the stuff. I didn’t even acknowledge the boys sitting on the couch. I leant against the counter taking deep breaths willing myself not to cry in front of him. I felt like a complete fool.

I calmed down enough to pick up the magazine and walk back out to the boys while the girls all walked in carrying bags. Tate smiled at me from her position on the couch between Niall and Zayn. She had been busy today and hadn’t been able to come sight seeing. I wondered for a moment if she had known. I glanced around and thanked god Lilly wasn’t here. I might have attacked her.

With that thought in mind I squeezed the magazine up tighter in my hand before I cleared my throat loudly. All the boys turned to look at me curiously. Harry gave me a warm smile. I merely looked back at him showing no emotion. His smile faltered. He stood up slightly looking at me worriedly. I threw the magazine across the couch at him. He glanced down at it and picked it up. His eyes skimmed over the cover and he quickly flipped to the page it said.

I gave him a couple of seconds as his face went from confused to several shades lighter. He glanced up at me and I could see the sorrow across his face. I didn’t care how sorry he was. I was pissed.

“I can explain.” He said quickly moving around the couch towards me, dropping the magazine on the couch. I stepped back away from him.

“Please do,” I laughed without humour. I saw Liam pick up the magazine at the page. He instantly glanced at us before giving the magazine to the others. Everyone began to watch us intently.

“How about we all go to my apartment?” Liam suggested standing up and grabbing Danielle’s hand and leaving the room. Everyone followed slowly shooting us different looks. Zayn looked apologetic, Tate showed guilt. I stared at her shocked. She had known. She reached forward to put a hand on my arm. I stepped away from her refusing to meet her eye. She had even lied to me.

Casey and Paige hesitated looking at me. I nodded towards them and they left the room shutting the door softly behind them. I stood still for a moment not meeting Harry’s eye.

“Please don’t be angry at me.” Harry started. I scoffed at him.

“I was trying not to hurt you.” I looked at him disbelieving. He stepped forward, I stepped back again. Anger flashed through his eyes before he calmed himself down.

“If you didn’t want to hurt me you should have told me as soon as I met her.” I said angrily.

“I would have but it was such a surprise when we walked in and she was sitting there. You were sad that day remember, you were homesick, and I just got you feeling better, I didn’t want to upset you again. Then after that I just didn’t know the right time to tell you. She kept showing up...” He trailed off his eyes pleading with mine. He stepped forward again and this time I didn’t step back.

“Do you know how embarrassing this is? Making friends with my boyfriends ex and I had no bloody clue who it was!” I said loudly at him.

“It’s not like I like her anymore.” He said stubbornly crossing his arms over his chest, I rolled my eyes at him.

“I had the right to know that you used to Harry! I had the right to know that before me she was your bird! It’s not like I expected you to never have girlfriends before me Harry but I at least expected to know when I meet one!”

“She was never really my girlfriend. Not like you are,” He muttered. I snorted at his statement.

“So just a fuck buddy then? How charming,” I said storming past him. He grabbed my arm pulling me back to face him.
“That’s not fair. I haven’t done anything to try and cover my past up from you. You knew that I’ve been with a lot of girls. You know that I have a reputation. You used that against me before we got together remember? I haven’t denied that so don’t act all surprised when that part of my past resurfaces,” He said lowly narrowing his eyes at me, I pulled my arm out of his grip.

“Did you love her?” I asked softly not meeting his eyes.

“No not her,” I sighed at his statement and turned my back to him. I had to admit that it was my pride that was making me angry at Harry more than anything else. My pride had been hurt through these secrets.

“You should have told me,” I said again turning to face him.

“When Skye? When should I have told you? Ever since Paige and Casey got here all you’ve done is be concerned solely with them. We didn’t even sleep in the same bed last night! I know that you miss them and I understand that you need time with them but it hurts to be cut out of your life. I feel terrible that your here and your miserable. I’ve tried to make you happy and do you know how hard it is to watch them effortlessly put a smile on your face when you have barely touched me these last couple of days!”

I blinked at him surprised at the outburst. I guess we hadn’t really been around each other since Casey and Paige arrived. I was so caught up in them and the life I had in Australia that I forgot about my life here with Harry.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, he stepped forward again. I sighed as he reached forward and pulled me into his arms. I rested my head against his chest as his arms wrapped around me pulling me close.

“I’m so sorry. I was trying to protect you.” He mumbled into my hair.

“You always are,” I whispered back to him. I pulled away and looked up into his eyes. They were still pained. I sighed and reached up, pressing my lips to his. I pulled back to see him smiling at me softly before pulling me into a tight hug.

“Thank you,” he whispered into my hair. I stayed in his arms as I contemplated how many of his other previous women were going to be thrown into my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Skye now knows... Let's just say not all the drama is completely resolved, yet... ;P