‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

16

Tate

“I feel terrible Niall!” I cried into his chest. Everyone had went to Liam’s flat but Niall had brought me back to his flat after sensing my distress. “She probably hates me.”

“She doesn’t hate you,” He said soothingly rubbing my back.

“She was my first girl friend and I blew it.” I mumbled.

“You’re first girl friend?” Niall asked. I pulled back to look at him nodding. He smiled at me softly and wiped his thumbs over my cheeks before pressing a kiss against my lips softly.

“She doesn’t hate you. I promise. She will yell at Harry, Harry will yell at her. They will kiss and make up and then she will forgive us. It’s what they do,” He told me rubbing my back. I sighed.

“If you say so,” I said resting my head against the pillow staring into his eyes. He had taken us into his room and we had been lying on his bed for a while now as I cried. We stayed there for a while longer until Niall’s stomach grumbled loudly. I laughed.

“Dinner?” I asked. He nodded eagerly. I got up grabbing his hand and pulling him with me. He followed me into the kitchen and we started to make dinner.

-

I was sitting on the couch between Niall’s legs as his arms came around the side of me directing my fingers as we played some fighting game of his. I was hopeless and Niall was patiently going through the buttons with me. I whined when my guy died again. Niall just laughed at me and kissed my shoulder.

There was a soft knock on the door before it was pushed open softly. Skye poked her head around the corner.

“Can I come in?” she asked softly.

“Of course,” I said quickly. She walked in Harry following closely behind. Niall quickly climbed out from behind me and he and Harry walked into the kitchen. Skye came over and sat next to me on the couch.

“I just want to say sorry for before. I didn’t mean to be mean to you. I just felt embarrassed that I was the only one who didn’t know. Harry explained to me that he asked you not to say anything. I know you were all just trying to protect me. So I’m sorry, I have trouble allowing people to protect me.” Skye said to me. I smiled at her relief washing through me that she wasn’t mad.

“Friends?” She asked. I laughed and nodded. She quickly pulled me into a hug.

“Thank god it’s all sorted out.” Niall said walking back into the room with Harry. I smiled at them both.

“Oi what are you playing?” Harry asked leaning over the couch and grabbing the controller left abandoned on the couch between Skye and I. Niall walked around and grabbed the other one, sitting down on me. I laughed smacking him on the back. He turned to smile at me before switching us around so I was sitting on him and his arms were wrapped around my waist so he could still play. I glanced over at Skye who was watching us smiling largely. She winked at me. Harry climbed over the back of the couch to sit on the head rest as Skye settled herself between his legs.

I sat there and watched the boys play their game with a goofy grin on my face. It felt nice to sit here with my boyfriend and our friends. I had never really had social relationships that didn’t include drinking every time we went out. I sighed and nestled closer into Niall and rested my head into his neck just enjoying the moment.

-

I was gently shook awake. I opened my eyes groggily to see I was nestled into Niall’s chest. Harry and Skye had disappeared. I glanced up at him sleepily.

“Did you want to go home?” He asked me softly. I shook my head.

“Can I stay here again?” I asked softly. He gave me the smile that reached his eyes and nodded. He picked me up easily and placed me onto his bed. I watched tired as he walked over to his drawers and pulled out some clothes. I grabbed them with a small smile before lazily walking towards his bathroom and getting changed into his clothes. I laughed softly at myself as I couldn’t help but breathe his clothes in deeply. I walked out of the bathroom smiling largely. I saw Niall lying a blanket and pillow on the couch. He looked at me and smiled.

“You can have the bed love,” He said coming over towards me.

“Or we could share the bed.” I suggested to him smiling. He hesitated a moment. “Just to sleep,” I added blushing slightly at how he may have taken my suggestion. He smiled at my blush.

“If you’re sure?” He asked. I nodded and grabbed his hand pulling him into his bedroom.

“Do you uh have a side?” I asked him unsure as I stared at the bed. He laughed.

“I prefer the left.” He said. I smiled at him and climbed onto the right and under the covers. Niall chuckled at me and walked to the left and got under the covers with me. He reached over and flicked his bedside lamp off swallowing us in darkness.

“Goodnight Tate,” Niall whispered from next to me.

“Goodnight Niall,” I whispered back as sleep instantly started to drift over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a cute filler ;)