‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

30

Skye

“Don’t you dare make any noise Harry Styles,” I warned as Harry opened his mouth to say something. He closed it instantly and then screwed up his face in frustration. I sighed and passed him the pad and paper to communicate with. He took it and began to write angrily. We had been here three days now and to make sure we were on the safe side the doctor instructed Harry no to speak for the next couple of days until his next check up to ensure no damage was done to his voice.

Harry pushed the pad into my lap and I glanced down to read the words that said he was bored and hungry. I rolled my eyes at him, he had been behaving like a child ever since the doctors. Being grumpy and demanding and then the next moment he would be loving and really sweet. I threw the pad down on the bed and got up and headed downstairs to grab some food for him.

“How is he?” Anne asked coming in through the front door with Gemma.

“The same,” I shrugged as I searched the fridge for food to make a sandwich.

“He’s annoying when he’s sick isn’t he. Was like that when he was young, always cried to mum when he was sick.” Gemma said sitting down on the counter chairs.

“Oh please tell me more,” I laughed mischievously.

“We should totally get baby photos of Harry out!” She exclaimed suddenly. Anne laughed at her.

“Wait until he’s better though. It’s only fun if he can sit there and whine as you show me,” I said grabbing two drinks from the fridge. Gemma agreed as I headed back upstairs with the food and drinks.

“Honestly, I’m not looking after you every time you get sick. You’re so needy,” I joked as I walked into the room. Harry leant over and grabbed the pad, he quickly scribbled something before turning it around to show me. My eyes narrowed as I read his small messy scrawl. It said that marriage vows state that you must look after someone in sickness. I rolled my eyes at him but went slightly pink. It was the second time Harry had mentioned marrying me.

Harry smirked and I knew he had seen me blush. I just pushed the pad out of the way and placed the plate that the sandwich was resting on, on his lap and placed the drink on the bedside table. I joined Harry on the other side of the bed and turned back to the TV to continue watching another show of Pretty Little Liars. It was Harry’s choice.

Harry finished his sandwich and placed the plate on the floor before snuggling further down into the blankets and resting his head on my stomach. I glanced down at him as my back was rested against the bed frame behind us. I started to run my fingers through his hair after he got comfortable and I went back to watching the show.

Later on Anne came in to check up. She smiled at me largely and pointed to Harry and whispered that he was sleeping. I nodded at her and smiled down at him before gently pushing him off my stomach. When he started to move around searching for me I quickly pushed the pillow I was leaning on up against him. He instantly curled up around it. I quickly pulled the blankets up and tucked them around him before placing a kiss on his forehead. I was pleased to notice that his fever seemed to be going down slightly. I turned the TV off and grabbed the plate off the floor before heading to the door. I glanced at Harry and smiled at how adorable he looked sleeping before I turned the light off and shut the door quietly behind me. It was best he got as much uninterrupted sleep as he could so he could get better quicker.

I headed to Gemma’s room and knocked on the door. She called me in. I glanced around the room to see most of her stuff sitting in her suitcase still. She was heading back home in a couple of days, I found out the other day that she had only come over because it might be her last chance to see Harry in awhile before she went travelling with some friends.

“What you up to?” I asked walking over and flopped down on the bed beside her as she read a magazine.

“Being bored,” She said casually flipping through the pages. I don’t even think she was reading it.

“What are you going to do if Harry’s still sick when you’re supposed to go home in two days?” Gemma asked me throwing the magazine on top of the pile of clothes sticking out of her suitcase.

“Well I have to go back because I start university on Monday. So I’ll drive back with Harry, or if he just wants to stay here with your mum and come home when he’s better.” I said shrugging and staring up at the ceiling.

“He’ll go home with you no matter what he’s feeling. I don’t think he plans on spending any time a part from you.” Gemma laughed lying down next to me. “Well at least until their world tour starts.” She trailed off.

My eyes stayed fixed on the roof as I just nodded at what she said. I would be lying if I said there world tour hadn’t crossed my mind a fair amount of times lately. It was still 5 months away. But the world tour also lasted a year. That would be almost a whole year without Harry. Something I hadn’t done yet since we met. The longest we had been apart from each was six months and that was because we hadn’t been speaking to each other, at all. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen for that year, but I did know that it was going to be extremely hard on both of us.

“You haven’t talked to each about that yet have you?” Gemma asked quietly. I shook my head.

“Neither of us has even brought it up. I guess were both just trying not to think about it.” I replied quietly.

“You could always go with them.” Gemma suggested. I sighed.

“I’m sure Harry would love for that but he won’t ask me because he knows I’ll say no. I’ve just moved my whole life here and I had to restart everything. I can’t just put this new life on hold after 6 months to go away for a whole year. I want to finish my degree. I miss dancing a lot and I really want to become a professional dancer. I love Harry but I can’t keep putting my life off for him. He knows that,” I told Gemma softly.

“I understand. I’m just not looking forward to having a depressed brother calling me all the time.” She joked. I laughed at her.

“I’m glad you and Harry are together Skye. You’re good for him, better than the other girls he usually dates.” She cringed. I laughed again.

“Do you want to go out for lunch?” Gemma asked suddenly, sitting up right.

“Sure,” I shrugged and quickly headed back into Harry’s room to grab my stuff before meeting her downstairs. We said goodbye to Anne before jumping into her car as she drove to her favourite cafe.
We sat there for a while chatting and trying to ignore the amount of flashes going off aimed towards us.

“Seriously Harry’s not even with us and they can’t help but take photos,” I whined as I’m pretty sure the paparazzi got a fair amount of very unattractive photos of me as I tried to eat my lunch.
“I don’t normally get this much attention. Must be you,” Gemma mused, biting into her burger. I pouted and grabbed my drink.

“I don’t know how anyone can get used to it. I find it creepy.” I admitted staring at a few paparazzi that had been game enough to come closer to us. Gemma just nodded at my statement before narrowing her eyes slightly at a girl coming closer to us. I turned my head and watched her curiously. She looked to be about 12.

“Um excuse me, but would Harry be coming today?” She asked shyly not making eye contact with either of us. Gemma and I exchanged looks before I decided to answer.

“I’m sorry sweaty but Harry’s not feeling well today so he’s at home still in bed.” I told her probably more information than was necessary but I felt bad for her. She nodded slightly before turning to walk away. I frowned, I felt bad for her.

“Wait,” I quickly called out. She turned back to look at me. “Is Harry your favourite out of all of them?”

“No, Liam is,” she said softly, shaking her head. I smiled at her, an idea popping into my head.

“Would you like to talk to him?” I asked her pulling out my phone. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head as she nodded her head quickly. I smiled largely as I unlocked my phone and searched for Liam’s number. I quickly hit call praying that he wasn’t busy and willing to talk to a fan.

“Hey Skye,” Liam’s accent flowed through the phone after three rings. “How’s Harry?”

“He’s still sick but I think he’s getting better. Listen I have a favour to ask. There is this girl in front of me right now who says you’re her favourite. Could you talk to her?” I asked as nicely as possible. The girl’s eyes practically pleaded with mine that he would say yes.

“Of course, put her on,” Liam chuckled through the phone. I smiled and held the phone out for the girl, nodding at her. She took it from my hand carefully, hand shaking.

“Hello?” She asked softly. There was a slight pause where I assume Liam said something before the girl started squealing and jumping up and down. Gemma and I shared an amused look as we watched the girl interact with Liam through the phone.

After a little longer she said goodbye to Liam and handed the phone to me.

“Thank you so much,” She squealed pulling me into a hug. I laughed and happily hugged her back. “Wait till I tell everyone about this. I don’t know how anyone could hate you, you’re amazing. I now definitely ship you and Harry!” She squealed before running off.

“Thanks?” I called out after her unsure as Gemma started to laugh.

“That was really sweet though,” Gemma said as we paid for our food. I blushed slightly at what she said.

“I felt bad because I couldn’t even get Harry on the phone so I thought one of the other boys might suffice,” I said softly.

“You didn’t have to even get Harry on the phone. You don’t owe them anything.” Gemma reminded me as we headed back to her car.

“I know, but the boy’s owe them a lot. And they love the boys so much and I guess I just kind of want them to like me. Kind of like getting parents approval I guess. But not to the point where it’s going to stop me from dating Harry, I just want them to know that I’m not going to change Harry or make him ignore them. I know their important to him.”

“Are all Australian’s as sweet as you?” Gemma asked laughing, “I might have to find an Australian boy.”

“Oh please, British boys are way better!” I laughed.

“Yeah but you don’t have any taste, you’re dating my brother!” She exclaimed screwing her face up in disgust. I started to laugh at her until my phone beeped.

“Speak of the devil,” I said reading Harry’s text. “He’s whining because he’s awake and I’m not home,” I said rolling my eyes at the text and telling him I was on my way home. Gemma snorted.

“You two may as well be married already,” Gemma laughed. I laughed softly as the blush rose to my cheek. There was that ‘m’ word again I thought as we pulled up to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just want to make sure everyone knows how much I love them all for reading, commenting, recommending and subscribing to this!! Honestly you guys make me want to write more :) xx

Hmm, I think I'm running out of things to say to create the suspense... Oh well must mean that whatever is coming, is almost here....