‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

33

Tate

“YOU GUYS WERE AMAZING!” I screamed out to the crowd before we all waved and ran off the stage. It was another successful performance that filled my body with adrenalin.

“I honestly think I’m slowly dying!” Ander complained collapsing onto the couch back at our bus and pulling me down next to him. I happily leant against him giving my aching legs a nice break. My feet were literally killing me as I quickly kicked my shoes off giving them some sort of relief.

“I’m going for a shower,” I moaned, pulling myself off Ander and landing on the floor. I happily crawled to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I stayed on the floor with my back against the bathroom door before finally pulling myself up to go for a shower. We had another week until our next show but unfortunately that meant a whole week travelling on this bus. Something I was definitely getting sick of.

I went and sat with the boys as they watched a movie. I went on twitter for a bit, tweeted a few things and then began to follow people. I eventually felt my eyelids droop and I made myself comfortable into Ander’s side before I eventually fell asleep from exhaustion.

-

The next morning I woke up curled up in my bunk. I stretched out and yawned before searching through my phone. I couldn’t find it anywhere which made me frown. What if Niall had called and I had missed it through the night. I jumped out of bed and began searching the bus for my phone.

“Breakfast?” Jacob asked me as I wandered past. I nodded and grabbed his piece of toast and continue to search for my phone. “What are you looking for?”

“My phone,” I whined making Lee stand up from his spot on the couch so I could search under the cushions.

“I think Ander had it last, when he took you to bed,” Lee said pushing me out of the way and sitting back down on the couch. I huffed at him and went in search of Ander. He was still in bed asleep. I moved the curtain to the side debating whether or not to wake him up for a phone. I decided against it thinking it would be rude since he looked like he definitely needed this sleep. I sighed and went and joined Lee on the couch while I pulled out one of the books I brought with too read.

Eventually Ander got out of bed and headed into the kitchen to grab some food.

“Hey do you have my phone?” I called out to him. He froze in his spot for a second before shrugging and continuing to walk into the kitchen. I sighed in annoyance and got up ready to search the whole bus. I started with my bunk in case it fell underneath the blankets and I hadn’t realised.

“Tate! We have a ten minute rest stop. Were going to go out and stretch our legs!” Jacob called out. I grunted in response as I searched through Jacob’s bunk which was under mine, in case it fell down into his. I was started to get annoyed and angry as I couldn’t find it. I walked past Ander’s bunk to see his sheets hanging off the side. I rolled my eyes and reached down to throw them back in. As I picked them up I saw something under his pillow. Lifting it up I saw my phone sitting neatly tucked away. I frowned at this.

Why would Ander have my phone hiding? I shrugged and just assumed it was some stupid joke he decided to play on me. Deciding I would get angry at him later I opened my phone while I headed to the front of the bus and out the door to find the guys and get some much needed fresh air.

I had one missed call from Niall. I listened to the voice mail.

“Hey Tate, I guess you’re busy or asleep or whatever. Just wanted to see how the show went tonight and well... Oh hey Liam. Hang on I’m just leaving Tate a message.” There was a pause of Niall’s voice and I heard mumbling in the back.

“What?!” Niall gasped through the phone and there was a thump before the call was cut off.

Staring at the phone confused I immediately hit redial to call Niall. My phone wouldn’t register his number though. Sighing I tried a couple more times as I headed to the cheap store the boys were in, getting junk food. I angrily pulled my phone away from my ear as I furiously typed Niall a text. I was extremely worried and angry at him. I followed the boys around the stored in a bad mood as horrible scenarios ran through my head. What happened?

The boys obviously knew something was wrong but left me along knowing it was for the best. I stared blankly at the TV hanging on the wall behind the guy at the cash register as the boys payed for their food. The news was on and it was showing a car wrapped around a tree. My mind was zoned out as I stared at the horrific picture. That was until a picture of One Direction popped up. I blinked at the contrast of pictures from the car crash to the boy band.

It took me a couple of seconds to see that these photos were actually related. My eyes widened.

“TURN THAT UP!” I screamed at the worker and pointed at the TV. He stared at me shocked and wide eyed but did it instantly. He probably thought I was going to hurt him. I was practically leaning over the counter as I tried to get close to the TV to gain as much information as I could.

“Tate?” Ander asked from beside me. I hushed him. I was reading the bottom of the TV that said there had been a car crash and two people had been rushed to the hospital, before I could even process what the reporter was saying a video of Harry and Skye showed up on the screen. It was a video from when Skye met management. They were walking down the carpet smiling and waving before answering some questions. I could see Niall and myself walking just behind them.

The reporter went on to state that they were both in critical conditions in the hospital and no other news had been released as of yet. My hand shook as I covered my mouth as little squeaks of pain left my mouth. I felt Jacob’s arm around my waist and he escorted me out of the door and onto the bus. Tears fell from my eyes as I tried to call Niall again but I couldn’t get an answer. I almost threw my phone across the room before I started on the other boys.

I tried Zayn first but I got no response. I then tired Liam but there was still no response. I tried Louis straight after as I sat with bated breath.

“Tate?” Eleanor’s voice rung through the phone.

“ELEANOR!” I screeched through the phone, “Thank god someone finally answered. I just saw the news and oh my god Eleanor,” I cried out not knowing what to say. I heard a sob from her on the other end.

“The boys are trying to get information now, but we just don’t know anything,” she whispered. “Hang on a minute,”

I could hear shuffling through the phone before the voice of my amazing boyfriend flowed through the phone. I almost died of relief.

“Tate!” he said, I could hear how choked up his voice was and all I wanted to do was hold him close.

“I’ve been trying to call you,” I said upset.

“I’m sorry, my phone broke,” He breathed out. I held back a sob as there was a slight pause between us.

“How are they?” I asked softly. Not sure if I wanted the answer.

“It’s bad Tate.” His voice sobbed through the line as I almost dropped my phone. I let out a weird strangled sob as Jacob pulled me closer into his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW!!! I cannot believe the amount of comments and messages sent to me!!
So you lucky guys get a THIRD update today because of all the pleading you guys have done.

I am so beyond happy how much you all are so attached to my characters that you all care this much about them!

I know this chapter doesn't tell you much and I would really like to tell you who survives.. But i can't, not yet :(

xx - sorry if I've caused anyone too much pain!!