‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

34

Skye

Beep Beep Beep Beep

God I wished that beeping would stop. It was ruining my sleep. But there it goes just at a constant rhythm continuously beeping. Why couldn’t it just stop? I wanted to sleep.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

I could hear voices now, murmuring around me. Why couldn’t I just be left alone! I made a motion to move my arm and roll to the side but it wouldn’t respond. I couldn’t move my arm. I started to panic. Why wasn’t my arm moving, I tried my other arm, I couldn’t move that either. Now that I thought about it I couldn’t feel anything. I started to panic. This wasn’t right. Why couldn’t I feel anything? I needed help. I wanted to scream but nothing came out, my mouth wouldn’t even open. My eyes felt like they were glued shut. What was happening to me?

The beeping got stronger and louder and faster. It was getting faster and faster and it wouldn’t stop. What the hell was it? I couldn’t breathe. It was getting harder to breathe. I felt like there was a weight on my chest. I started to slowly feel my legs and arms again and wished instantly that I couldn’t. I felt pain, there was pain everywhere. I wanted it to stop. I didn’t want to be in pain. Just as I thought the pain in my chest couldn’t get any worse and I was going to die from lack of oxygen, breathing suddenly became easy. It still pained my chest, but it was easier.

The beeping slowed back down to its normal pace. I tried to move my arms but they felt too heavy. I was pleased with myself however when I noticed that my fingers were moving. I could hear voices again. I fought my way through darkness as I willed my eyes to open. I had a feeling those voices were important to me. I needed to see the people those voices belonged to.

My eyes flew open. However what hit me wasn’t what I expected. Instead of seeing people’s loving faces I was blinded by a bright white light. The light immediately gave me a headache as I groaned from the pain. I blinked a few times wishing that the light would dim down slightly so I could see better.

“Skye!” someone screamed my name making me wince. Something heavy was now longing across me before it quickly disappeared as I gasped from the pain I felt. Eventually I adjusted to the light and I slowly took in the white bright walls to match the light. I glanced down at my body to see it covered with white blankets. I blinked slowly a couple of more times before I glanced at the people around me. There were four people. Two I recognised. The other two I didn’t.

“Can you hear me Skye?” One of the people I didn’t recognise asked. It was a man. I tried to open my mouth to respond but nothing came out. I realised how dry my mouth and throat felt. I resorted to nodding which caused me to wince at the pain it caused. The other person I didn’t know, a lady, leant forward with a drink in her hand and put a straw in my mouth. She told me to suck. I did obediently. The cool liquid hit my throat causing me to wince at the slight pain at first as I tried to swallow. Eventually it got better and easier to swallow as I gladly drunk the water.
She pulled it away eventually and my mouth and throat was not as dry. I cleared it slightly.

“Are you in pain Skye?” The male asked. I nodded.

“Can you tell me where?” I paused for a second, opening my mouth and hoping my voice would work.

“Arm, stomach,” I managed to croak out. My voice sounded weird, it didn’t sound like mine. It was all scratchy and horrible. Like it hadn’t been used for long.

“We’ll get something for that.” The man said gesturing towards the woman, she left the room.

“Now Skye do you remember what happened? Why you’re here?” He asked softly, staring at me intently. The other two people in the room looked at me intently too. It was Liam and Danielle. They watched me worriedly. I stared back at them blankly before I remembered something. I remember screaming, I remember being jolted sideways and forward. I remember going upside down. I remembered the pain.

“Car... lost control... tree,” I eventually choked out. Tears welled in my eyes. I was so scared.

“That’s very good Skye. Now just a few more questions. What’s your middle name?”

“Elizabeth,”

“How old are you?”

“19,” He nodded in approval before turning to Liam and Danielle mumbling something to them. They nodded and a look of relief passed over their faces. The unknown lady came into the room and walked towards the beeping machine. I looked away when suddenly I was hit by a relieving sensation all throughout my body. The pain was gone and I was feeling slightly numb. A haze went over my brain and felt my eyes close before sleep took over my body.

-

I woke up to that damn beeping again. I opened my eyes to see that it was much darker in my room this time. My body was in pain but not as much as the first time I woke up. It was easier to move my body now except it caused a lot of pain to attempt to move my right arm. I glanced down at my left hand to see someone’s head resting against it holding onto it tightly.

“Zayn,” I tried to croak out but I wasn’t loud enough to wake him. My fingers were going numb and I couldn’t feel them. “Zayn,”

“Skye! You’re awake again!” Someone exclaimed rushing into the room. It was Danielle. I gave her a small smiled.

“How are you feeling?”

“I can’t feel my fingers,” I said she automatically frowned until she realised what I was gesturing at.

“Zayn get up!” She said loudly shaking his shoulder. He jolted up right and blinked a bit before focusing in on me.

A smile lit up his whole face as he leant forward pulling me in for a hug before placing a kiss on both my cheeks. I smiled at him.

“I’m so glad you’re awake! Are you in pain? We should get a doctor!” He said hurriedly.

“Zayn I’m fine!” I tried to say loudly but it came out in more of a whisper.

“Harry,” I croaked out searching his face for an answer. His facial features instantly lost all emotion as he slumped back into his chair.

“Harry,” I repeated turning back to Danielle. I could see tears in her eyes forming before she quickly left the room.

“I should get the doctor,” Zayn mumbled standing up and leaving me by myself. A weird feeling coursed through my body as I sat there staring at the wall. They wouldn’t tell me about Harry.

That meant it was something bad. I didn’t even need the medication this time to make my body go numb. Zayn came back with the man from before. He must be my doctor.

“Harry,” I said again trying to get some information. The doctor merely shook his head and began to flash a light into my eye. He told me to follow it with my eyes. After he was done his check up, I tried a different question.

“How long?” I asked. Zayn stared at me in confusion.

“How long ago did we crash?” I asked again as my voice slowly began to get stronger the more I talked.

“It’s been two weeks,” Zayn said softly.

I now noticed how exhausted he actually looked. Before I could register anything else Louis, Liam, Danielle, Eleanor and Niall filed into the room. I was suddenly surrounded by heaps of people as I was hugged and kissed and cried over. I sat there motionless staring at all these people. They were all showing signs of exhaustion.

“Where is Harry?” I asked. Suddenly everyone went quiet and no one would meet my eye. “Tell me!” I yelled out causing them to flinch. I winced at the pain yelling caused my throat.

“This won’t help you get better,” Eleanor said softly stroking my hair.

“Is he alive?” I whispered. I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer.

“Yes,” Louis whispered from the other side of me. He was holding my hand and I could feel tears fall from his eyes and land on my hand.

“I need to know,” I pleaded to the room looking at them all one by one. Liam was the one that took the breath and looked me directly in the eye. I sat there waiting for the news to come knowing that it could very well break me.

“He hit his head, hard. He hasn’t woken up yet and the doctors...” He trailed off slightly as tears welled in his eyes. “The doctors think there might be a possibility of brain damage,” He eventually whispered out. “He might not wake up,”

I sat completely still staring at Liam. I could feel everyone’s eyes watching me as I tried to take in the information. I could hear a noise in the room and I knew it was coming from me. I was crying I could feel the tears fall down my cheeks but I was also sobbing and it was hurting my throat and giving me a headache but I couldn’t stop as my brain slowly processed what Liam had told me. Harry had brain damage. No Harry might have brain damage. There was a big difference. But he wasn’t awake. I needed to see him.

I carefully pulled my good arm out of Louis hand and ripped the blankets off me. I tried to sit up.

“What are you doing?” Louis said leaning forward and trying to push me back.

“I have to see him, I need to see him.”

“You are not going anywhere,” Louis said sternly.

“No you don’t understand. I need to see him. He needs to hear my voice, than he can come back to us. I need to see him now,” I said forcefully struggling against Louis. Eleanor reached out to touch my hand to try and calm me. I snatched it away. I could see nurses and my doctor coming into the room.

“NO I WANT TO SEE HIM! LET ME GO! I NEED HARRY!” I screamed and screamed as they forced me onto the bed. It hurt, I cried but it wasn’t just physical pain. I was hurting everywhere especially my heart. I felt like it was being ripped to shreds. I just needed to see him, to touch him, to know that he was still breathing and his heart was still pumping. I needed my Harry. Why wasn’t he here? He said he would protect me.

“Harry,” I choked out as a needle was pushed into my arm before everything went hazy and black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Skye is physically okay! :)

You guys are so amazing seriously! I love how supportive you are... Let's just hope Harry will wake up... :/