‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

35

Tate

I felt my phone vibrate. Glancing down I saw it was from an unknown number. Frowning at it I quickly hit ignore as I focused my attention back on the radio host.

“Tate,” The radio host suddenly said grabbing my attention. “On a more serious note, we’ve all heard the news that Harry Styles a part of british boy band One Direction was in a horrible car crash with his Australian girlfriend. We hear that you’re quite good friends with them all even dating Niall Horan. How are they all coping right now?”

I hid my sigh and roll of my eyes. It wasn’t really of any of their business how they were doing but I knew the question would be coming. I had prepared myself for it because in all honesty I had no clue how they were all doing. I had no clue if Harry and Skye were even okay. I wasn’t even sure how well Niall was coping because I hadn’t had a chance to talk to him properly. Every part of me wanted to be back home in that hospital being there for Skye and Harry and comforting Niall. But it wasn’t fair on the rest of my band and it wasn’t fair on the fans. So I was stuck here answering question that I had no idea the answer to.

“Obviously this is all very hard for each one of them and all our hopes and prayers are going to Skye and Harry hoping that they are going to make a great recovery,” I stated these words almost as if they had been rehearsed. Which is exactly what they had been. I had been advised by our publicist exactly what to say.

The radio host frowned. She was obviously hoping my answer would give her some type of scoop. She was instead severely disappointed. She smiled falsely at me.

“Yes, we are all sending our best wishes to them both. Now I think that’s all we have time for today. Thank you so much for coming in today. Here’s their hit song Rumour Mill,” she announced happily before music began to play lightly and we were given the signal to show that we were officially off air.

We thanked her and walked out of the room and back into the car waiting to take us to our hotel.

“I’m sure they’re going to be okay Tay,” Jacob said pulling me into a side hug as I sat beside him in the car. I didn’t answer. I was worried beyond imagination about them all and I felt like a horrible friend not being able to be there for them.

Once I was in my room my phone began to ring. It was Liam. I answered it hesitantly almost afraid of getting bad news.

“Hello?”

“You should really answer unknown callers you know,”

“NIALL!” I yelled into the phone surprised.

“Ouch love,” He said chuckling softly.

“Sorry,” I apologised quickly for yelling into his ear.

“‘S alright. I’ve been trying to call you all day. I got a new phone now,” His Irish voice filtered through the phone calming me. I sat down on my bed heavily, wishing I was there with him right now. Just five more weeks then I got to see him.

“How are they?” I practically whispered into the phone.

“Well that’s what I called for. Skye woke up!” I could hear the happiness in Niall’s voice. Tears sprung to my eyes.

“Thank God! How is she?” I asked instantly.

“She’s okay, they’ve been running tests and everything seems to be looking good so far,”

“What about Harry?” There was a pause on the line and I instantly knew that it wasn’t good news. I sighed.

“Still no change,” Niall mumbled through the phone. My heart ached. All I wanted to do was pull him to me closely and not let go.

“He’s going to be okay Niall,” I said knowing how weak that statement sounded.

“Let’s not talk about that. Tell me about what you’ve been up to. Distract me,” Niall pleaded through the phone. I hesitated at first before starting my long description of my last couple of days. Telling Niall everything I could remember from our performances, to TV appearances, radio interviews, run in’s with fans, signings and every funny moment on the bus.

I made sure to keep any sad bits out and just told Niall all the good. By the end I had earned a fair amount of laughs from Niall. I was quite proud of myself.

“I wish I was there with you,” I sighed eventually.

“Don’t say that Tate, have fun on your tour. It’s what Harry and Skye would want, you know that. Make the most out of your time there okay?” He said so sweetly making me smiled.

“Okay,” I whispered before stifling a yawn.

“I should let you sleep,” Niall said suddenly. My eyes widened in surprise.

“What no!” I said quickly.

“You’re tired Tate!” He laughed.

“I want to keep listening to your voice,” I mumbled blushing. There was a silent pause between us for a moment.

“Lay down and I’ll sing to you,” He said softly.

“You’re going to sing me to sleep?” I asked but climbed under the covers none the less and put him on speaker so I could lay down properly.

“Yes, now are you in bed?”

“Yes Mr. Horan!” I laughed at his demanding tone. “Send my love to Harry and Skye,”

“I will now close your eyes Tate,” I did as he told me to do. I waited a moment before his beautiful voice floated through the phone as he hit every key with ease.

”My heart’s a stereo
It beats for you so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note
Make me your radio
And turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing along to my stereo
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually feel terrible for making you guys cry :(

To Mrs.ZaynMalik I would just like to say all will be revealed in time ;)

xx