‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

37

Skye

“Hey I brought you some magazines and books,” Eleanor said walking into Harry’s room where I was sitting in the wheelchair next to him. “They’re in your room,”

I nodded my thanks as I continued to play with Harry’s limp hand.

“Liam said that you had to talk to the police yesterday?” Eleanor asked.

“Yeah, I had to give them an account of what happened. They can see tyre marks from the other car but haven’t been able to track it down...” I trailed off.

“What aren’t you telling?” She asked quickly.

“Do you think someone did that on purpose? Harry thought he saw someone following us. And well the air-bags didn’t work, the police asked me when the last time they were checked. I didn’t know but I’m sure Harry would have had them checked often right?”

We stayed silent for a moment as I felt Eleanor’s eyes on me. I shook my head.

“I’m just being paranoid.”

I sighed and kissed Harry’s hand willing him to wake.

“You need rest,” she said kindly walking over to me.

“I’m not going to be able to sleep properly until he wakes anyway,” I sighed as she wheeled me out of the room and back to mine.

“That’s what drugs are for,” She half joked and helped me into the bed.

“The doctor said you should be okay to go home in about a week,” She said trying to lighten my mood. It didn’t work. That just meant I would be separated further from Harry.

“Hey sweetie, how are you today?” Anne came in looking like she hadn’t slept in a long time. I gave her a look that obviously conveyed how crap I felt. She sighed at me.

“Liam was telling me you’re doing much better,” She added.

“Have the doctors said anything more about Harry?” I asked her.

“Let’s not worry so much about Harry and focus on you getting better right now okay?” She said softly rubbing my back. I screwed up my face in annoyance. I just wanted an answer about Harry; I wanted to know when he would wake up.

There was a commotion outside and I watched as people hurried around outside my door. I assumed there was another emergency that everyone was getting ready for perhaps.

“HE’S WAKING!” Robin suddenly yelled appearing in my doorway before rushing back down the hallway. I stayed completely still for a second before yanking the blankets off my bed and trying to get out. I immediately stood on my feet and started to walk towards the door as fast as I could. Walking was hurting my leg but I didn’t care right now.

Before I could react Louis had appeared and picked me up easily before placing me into the wheelchair. He shot me an annoyed look before pushing me towards Harry’s room. I could see doctors around him as the boys all stood around the edge of the room. Anne was standing right next to his bed with the doctors. I couldn’t see Harry yet as Louis pushed me closer. Anne turned to me with tears in her eyes and beckoned me over. I gulped and felt my heart pounding in my chest. A doctor moved out of the way and my eyes met a familiar pair of emerald eyes.

They weren’t as bright or happy but they were still emerald. They were still Harry’s eyes and they were what I had been craving for the last week. I felt the tears fall down my cheeks as I arrived by his side. Our eyes never once leaving each others. My hand reached up and grasped onto his. I felt him squeeze back and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

“Skye,” He croakily whispered as his hand came up and wiped along my cheek. I couldn’t hold it back as I cuddled his hand to my cheek and began to sob loudly. I heard Anne crying from next to me as well.

“Could everyone leave the room, we need to run a few tests,” a doctor called out loudly. Everyone began to file out. I gave Harry a panicked look as he held onto my hand tighter.

“We can come in as soon as they’re done,” Anne assured us, pulling me away from Harry and wheeled me out the door. I huffed in annoyance. He was awake and I still couldn’t be with him. We waited outside as everyone waited nervously. He might have been awake but we weren’t sure how much damage had been done to his brain yet.

For what felt like an eternity the doctors and nurses that filled up Harry’s room eventually left. Everyone stood up from their seated positions. I attempted to do the same but I was forced back to sitting by Liam. Harry’s doctor approached us all.

“He’s not completely in the all clear. He will have to be monitored for the next 24 hours before I can make any medical decisions on his condition. However it seems so far that he is going to be alright. With the right amount of recovery he should be hopefully back to normal in a matter of know time.” The doctor smiled at us after finishing.

I sat there shocked as the boys whooped and yelled around us, jumping on each other and going completely psychotic in a hospital. Eleanor pulled me into a hug as I couldn’t help the laughs, that made me sound mental, leave my body. I was so relieved; he was going to be okay.

“I would advise just three people at a time to visit him for now until were in the all clear,” We all nodded at the doctor as he left. I glanced over towards Anne and Robin. Anne was hugging onto Robin tightly as she shook with relief. I smiled at this.

“Come on, let’s go in,” Robin said to Anne pushing her towards the door before he came over to me and started to push my wheelchair in. I practically held my breath as we entered the room. Anne was practically lying across Harry as she hugged him as tightly as possible, her crying filled the room.

“Mum,” I could hear Harry mumble, and oh god his voice was music to my ears. Anne eventually let Harry go and Robin walked up next to pull Harry into a tight embrace. No words were needed between either of them. Robin stepped back and Anne pushed me forward. Harry watched me intently, his eyes continuously scanning my body, his face wincing every time his eyes encountered a particular bad scratch or bruise.

“How are you?” Harry croaked out as his hand found mine on the blanket. I gave him a look that said it was obviously a stupid question before I threw my head on our hands and let my cries fill the room. I let all my emotions out as the panic, the love, the anger and now the relief had filled me up. I could feel Harry’s fingers stroke my hair softly as I could hear him trying to comfort me. I eventually looked up at him and I earned a small smile.

I got out of the chair clutching onto Harry’s hand tightly as I moved closer to the bed. I then leaned over and pressed my lips to his softly. His chapped lips eagerly kissed me back as he moved them against mine. His hand coming up to run through my hair before settling on my neck. We stayed still for a moment as I relished the moment of this connectivity between us before I pulled away.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again. Got it!” I said sternly but quietly as I kept my face close to his. He chuckled lightly.

“Got it,” He whispered pecking my lips once more before letting my neck go and Robin helped me back into the wheel chair. I continued to hold onto his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
He's awake!! Told you I wouldn't leave you hanging for much longer!!;D