‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

38

Skye

“Where is your wheelchair?” Harry asked the moment I walked into his room. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Hello to you too,” He shot me a look. “My doctor has allowed me to get around without it now. My stitched are healed enough that they won’t bleed if I walk. I just still have to be careful.”

Harry accepted my explanation and shuffled over in his bed so I could take my usual spot next to him for the day. I used the chair to push myself up on the bed as the bruise on my stomach was still present. I then shimmied myself back so I was side by side to Harry. His hand instantly came up and grabbed my chin pulling it to face him. The moment my face was facing his, his lips crashed onto mine. I happily kissed him back, my hand resting on his shoulder holding on tightly as he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

There was a cough at the door breaking us apart. I turned to see both of our doctors standing in the doorway.

“I thought I would find you here,” My doctor said walking over to me. I smiled at him sheepishly. “I was just coming to remind you that you can go home in two days, do you have everything organised?” he asked as lifted my hospital gown up to inspect my upper right thigh where my stitches were. I felt Harry’s intake of breath and his hand held onto mine tightly as he stared at the stitches. I squeezed his hand comfortingly.

I only needed stitches because the glass shards that had embedded into my leg had cut me quite deeply.

“That seems to be in order. Can I check your stomach?” He asked for permission. I nodded and let go of Harry’s hand to lift my hospital gown up higher to expose my stomach. Harry instantly pulled the blanket up to cover my private parts. I glanced at him amused as he glared at my doctor watching him intently to make sure his hands or eyes didn’t stray. I almost laughed before I hissed quietly when my doctor pressed on a certain part of my stomach. He merely made a few notes on his board before letting us know everything was good and left the room.

“You are so cute, you know that?” I said leaning over to peck his nose. He looked at me clearly unamused.

“I’m not cute,” he huffed crossing his arms over his chest.

“You know my doctor has seen me naked plenty of times now,” I advised him. This earned me a groan from him as he rubbed his face roughly with his hands.

“Don’t remind me,” He mumbled. I laughed and kissed his cheek tenderly. He glanced down at me and smiled softly as I smiled back.

“Sorry for interrupting, but the fun has arrived,” Louis announced walking into the room and sitting on the end of our bed.

“Please, you’re not sorry,” I glared at him.

“Nope I’m not, someone has to remind you two that you’re in a public place and no fornicating is allowed.” I snorted with laughter.

“I don’t think Harry’s exactly up to that physical exercise right now,” I insisted. Harry looked at me offended.

“I’m always able to, plus there are other ways to pleasure you that I’m quite experienced out,” He said seriously before kissing below my ear causing me to shiver.

“You guys are so dirty!” I protested blushing a deep red before moving forward to get of the bed.

“Where are you going?” Harry asked quickly.

“Toilet.” I smiled at him before heading over to it. Neither Harry nor I had spent any time a part since he woke up five days ago. Unless one of us had scans or other medical needs. We even convinced the doctors to allow us to sleep in the same bed. Truthfully we were too afraid of losing each other. We had already almost lost each other and neither of us could do that again. I certainly never wanted to see Harry lying unconscious on a hospital bed again.

“Hey El,” I greeted as I came out of the room. She smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. I struggled out of her grip after a moment gasping for air. “Seriously El!”

“Sorry, I just get so happy that your both okay,” She laughed lightly going to stand next to Louis.

“Strangle Harry then,” I laughed before sitting down next to Harry like I had been before.

“I called your college and sorted everything out so you will be starting on Monday now.” I smiled gratefully at Eleanor. I hadn’t really had the opportunity to sort everything out yet and I definitely couldn’t wait to finally start Uni in five days. “Oh and also Casey and Paige have been constantly ringing me for updates on you,”

“I just talked to them yesterday. I’m fine now, I’ll call them again and tell them to lay off.” I told Eleanor apologising for their behaviour.

“When are you able to get out?” Eleanor turned to Harry.

“They want to keep me here for at least another week,” Harry groaned dropping his head back on the pillow behind him.

“Just for observations and make sure all the scarring is healed and no further brain damage” I further explained to Eleanor.

“He was already brain damaged,” Louis commented, smirking at Harry.

“You’ve been waiting to use that one for a while haven’t you,” Harry glared at Louis who nodded eagerly.

“What did the police say?” Eleanor suddenly asked referring to the conversation we had with them yesterday. Harry had to make his official statement. I glanced at Harry as his eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

“I told them that I had just had the airbags serviced about a week before we left. I had the receipt still in my wallet and everything. There shouldn’t have been anything wrong with them.” He explained.

“They uh, also found the car that hit us abandoned the next town over. No trace of anyone. So in other words right now they have no clue who it was.” I further explained. Harry tightened his grip on my hand.

“So someone did this on purpose?” Eleanor asked incredulous. Louis wrapped an arm around her in comfort.

“Let’s not jump to conclusions. You two are safe and that’s all that matters,” Anne said suddenly appearing in the doorway. We all nodded reluctantly.

Harry yawned suddenly.

“Time for a nap,” Anne announced shooing Louis and Eleanor out of the room. Because of the small dose of pain medication Harry still had to be on he became tired throughout the day and his doctor encouraged daily naps. I moved to get off the bed as Harry’s arms wrapped around my waist.

“You stay,” He mumbled. I slid back up next to him as he pressed the button to lay the bed straight back. Harry’s arms instantly wrapped around my waist careful not to squeeze to hard and his head buried itself into my hair.

“You’re going to have to sleep without me for a week,” I told him. I couldn’t stay once visiting hours were over.

“Don’t remind me,” He mumbled nuzzling into my hair further. I stayed still for a while listening to his breathing get deeper and the beating of his heart slow down slightly. I began to fall asleep comforted by the beating of his heart, a luxury I had taken for granted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm did someone hit them on purpose??? :/