‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

42

Skye

“Niall what is that?” I asked seeing him carry something squirming in his jumper up into the elevator. Harry and I followed promptly trying to see what he was nursing in his jumper. He pulled his jumper over to cover it from me but it still squirmed.

“I can’t tell you.” He said quickly.

“And why not?” I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

“Because it’s a surprise and I don’t want any of ya ruining it,” He said as the elevator beeped for his floor. I followed Niall out none the less with Harry quickly walking behind us.

“It’s for Tate isn’t it,” I stated excitedly making it into Niall’s room before he could shut the door. He turned to Harry for help who merely just shrugged and sat down on the couch watching us intently.

“You can’t hide it forever Nialler,” I smirked inching towards him. At this point the squirming bundle in Niall’s arms decided to let out a small whine and bark. My eyes went wide as I took a massive step towards Niall. “YOU GOT A DOG!”

“Shh your gonna scare it,” Niall warned as he moved his jumper and set the little black fur ball on the ground. Harry was by my side in an instant as we cooed at the dog.

“Your definitely whipped mate, buying your girlfriend a dog,” Harry winked at Niall.

“Where’s my dog?” I asked pouting at Harry. His eyes went wide at my pout.

“Sorry love but we’re not allowed animals here,” He said softly.

“Well how is Niall keeping this cutie?”

“Tate’s place. Can you guys look after him while I run down and grab his stuff?” I nodded at Niall before patting the little puppy in front of me. It instantly rolled onto its back for a pat.

“It is so freaking adorable,” I said my eyes not leaving the puppies.

“When we move out we can buy as many dogs as you want,” Harry said wrapping his legs around me as we sat on the floor playing with the puppy.

“Were moving?” I asked turning around to stare at Harry in confusion. He met my eyes instantly and shrugged.

“Well eventually we will probably want to get our own place right? Can’t live with Louis forever, he’s a big cock block,” I laughed at Harry’s words as he buried his nose into my neck and breathed deeply before reaching forward to rough up the puppy.

Niall arrived not long after.

“I’m going to have to leave Knox here while I go get Tate,” Niall frowned.

“Knox?” Harry asked.

“Tate wanted to name him Knox when she saw him in the shop window. I was lucky that he hadn’t been sold and was still there,” He said while building a small area that the puppy would be in, putting newspaper down and food, water and toys.

“Why don’t I stay here while you get Tate,” I said not wanting to leave the puppy alone. I felt Harry grab my hand and pull me towards the door, I sighed when the door shut and I could no longer see the fur ball.

“Just coming to get you,” Danielle announced walking out with Liam out of his apartment. I began to laugh as they both looked at me confused.

“Uh Liam mate,” Harry said gesturing to his lips. Liam shot him a confused look and reached his hand up to his lips and the blushed red when he felt the lip gloss still on his face. He quickly wiped it off with the help of Danielle while the three of us broke into laughter.

“Too cute,” I cooed.

“Can we just go get Tate,” Niall whined.

“No matter how early we get there we still have to wait for her plane!” Louis called from behind us followed by Eleanor and Zayn. Niall shot Louis a glare.

“Let’s go before Nialler hurts someone,” Zayn said wrapping an arm around Niall and leading him towards the elevator. I happily skipped up to Eleanor and linked our arms pulling her to the door.

“Are you okay?” I asked Eleanor quietly as we exited the elevator. She had been awfully quiet. Danielle was standing on the other side of her looking on curiously.

“Louis and I had a talk...” she trailed off.

“About?” Dani pushed on.

“About their world tour, you know them all being gone for a year,” She sighed.

“Oh yeah, Liam and I had that talk last week,” Dani said nodding and wrapping her arms around El.

I sighed and looked away from them both over to Harry as he gave Niall a piggy back ride to the car. A smile worked its way onto my face, watching them.

“Have you and Harry?” I heard Dani ask.

“Nope, kind of been avoiding it,” I sighed looking back at them both.

“It’s okay we have each other and we can visit the boys a lot. We can make it,” El said pecking my cheek before heading over to the boys. I bit my lip in worry. I wasn’t as sure as she was.

“You okay?” Harry asked coming up to me smiling.

“We need to talk.” I sighed not meeting his eyes. I saw his body stiffen up in front of me as he pulled my chin up to look into his eyes, he was no longer smiling.

“What about?” He asked cautiously, his eyes searching mine for something.

“Your world tour,” I mumbled out. Harry’s eyes relaxed slightly before he pulled me into a hug wrapping me tightly up into his arms.

“Were going to figure it out Skye, I promise. We will last this my love. Please don’t worry,” he said pulling back and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

“COME ON!” Niall’s angry voice yelled at us. We both smiled softly before Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me to the awaiting car opening the door for me to jump in the back with Eleanor and Louis. Niall, Liam, Dani and Zayn were driving in the other van. There were two body guards in our car and one in theirs. Eleanor gave me a reassuring smile as we drove out of the parking lot. I smiled back as convincingly as I could before glancing out the window.

I could feel Harry’s eyes on me now and then from the side. I ignored his looks and continued to watch the passing London scenery.

I wanted to believe Harry’s words. I wanted us to last and be okay. But I didn’t know if I could last a year here alone, without him, while he travelled the world meeting new people. I didn’t know if I could last, let alone if our relationship could.

When we arrived at the airport Harry was instantly by my side holding my hand tightly in his. He shot me a large smile that never reached his eyes before tugging me along to walk with the others.

I sighed knowing that we would have to talk soon about this and it probably wasn’t going to go very smoothly. As we waited near the terminal that Tate would be coming out of, Niall practically jumping up and down, I rested my head on Harry’s shoulder. His arms wrapped around my body moulding me against him.

“I love you,” I said looking up into his eyes.

“I love you too,” He said sincerely, pressing a light kiss to my forehead. I felt my heart jump slightly at his words hoping that for the rest of my life I would continue to hear those words. I couldn’t lose him, not again.

“I think this is her,” Niall said suddenly snapping me out of my trance. I glanced over to see heaps of people filing out and into the crowds of people waiting. I saw flashes going off aimed towards our group. I refrained from rolling my eyes, the paps were literally everywhere.

“Niall,” Danielle said pointing over towards a familiar black and red headed girl. I smiled as Niall practically froze in his spot as he stared at the girl who was glancing around the airport searching. I giggled at the cuteness of the situation.

For now I would be happy, I would enjoy having my Harry. I would enjoy being happy even if it only lasted a little while.