‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

43

Tate

I sat next to Jacob quietly the whole way back to London trying to sleep. Jacob and Lee had come back not long after the incident on the bus. They both purposefully ignored the red mark on Ander’s face and my red and swollen eyes. We boarded the plan without anymore worries and I successfully avoided Ander, making sure my seat was against the window. Jacob was being slightly protective of me as I watched him shoot Ander glares across the aisle.

I didn’t want to talk about it, I didn’t even want to think about it. I was just as angry at what he did as well as what he said. He didn’t know Niall and he thought he could be better for me. Niall meant so much to me already. I love him. All I wanted to see was him, all I wanted was him.

The moment the plane began to descend my body was full of nerves. I wanted to see Niall but I felt like I had cheated on him. I never kissed Ander and I pushed him away, but someone else’s lips were still on mine. I hated the position Ander put me in. I didn’t want to hurt Niall but he deserved to know the truth.

I knew Niall would be at the airport waiting for me. He had told me that already so I excitedly sat there bouncing my leg constantly before the plane finally stopped. When we could finally leave the plane I practically ran off trying to work my way through the people that were not budging.

I heard Jacob call my name but I just ignored him knowing that he would pick my stuff up for me. I eventually made my way out into the crowds of people at the airport all waiting for their loved ones. I could see cameras flashing in my direction but I didn’t care, my eyes would only search for one other pair of eyes. Every time I saw blonde hair my body would snap to turn in that direction. I growled in frustration when I still couldn’t find him.

“For god’s sake Niall, just call out her name!” My head snapped around in the direction of Louis voice. I smiled largely as I saw all my friends standing there in a large group grinning goofily back. My mind barely registered them though as my eyes focused on a blonde Irishman smiling brightly, blue eyes shining directly at me. He was merely watching me, waiting to see what I would do. I giggled and shook my head knowing that next thing I was about to do would be completely cliché and the most eye roll worthy moment I have ever done. But I couldn’t help it.

I walked towards Niall which quickly turned into a full speed run as I pushed my way through people. Niall barely took two steps before I reached him and launched myself on top of him. I could hear his beautiful laughter in my ear as it mingled with mine and it sounded like music. I squeezed him as tight as I could wrapping my legs around him as well. His arms instantly wrapped around my waist holding me securely to his waist. He stumbled back a few steps before gaining his balance and burying his head into my neck.

“God I fucking missed you,” He mumbled into my neck causing shivers to course through my body. I could feel him smirk against me.

“I missed you too love,” I whispered back stroking my hand through his hair. I unwound my legs and he dropped me back onto the ground but kept his arms around my waist. I looked up at him and smiled largely again.

Before I could react, Niall’s lips were already on mine. I couldn’t help but moan into the kiss as my arms wrapped around his neck. This felt right, everything about this kiss felt right. I knew this was where I wanted to be. Niall’s arms pulled me tighter against him as our bodies lost any distance between them, both of us completely lost in the kiss. I felt my knees weaken and I knew Niall was the only thing holding me up right now as he gently asked permission with his tongue to enter my mouth. I gladly accepted and allowed his tongue to roam my mouth enjoying the taste of him and the closeness of him.

We both pulled away after a while deciding that we needed air. We stayed as close as possible as Niall’s forehead rested against mine and we stared into each other’s eyes. He rubbed his nose against mine cutely and I couldn’t help the giggle that left my mouth. God why did this boy always make me giggle like a twelve year old girl.

“Not meaning to interrupt but Tate are we going home,” Jacob asked. I spun around in Niall’s arm to see Jacob smiling at me largely. He knew how happy Niall made me and he was happy for us.

“Actually would you be able to come back to mine for an hour and then I’ll bring her right over since I know your family will want to see you,” Niall said from behind me. I glanced behind me at him as I smiled at his cuteness.

“Sure, I’ll see you at home Jake, can you take my luggage?”

“Anything for the queen,” He said rolling his eyes and pecking me on the head, waved to the others and then left rolling both of our bags out. Suddenly remembering the others standing there I spun around, still wrapped up in Niall’s arms, and smiled largely at them all. They all laughed and moved forward at once pulling me into hugs by each of them. I laughed and happily hugged them back letting them all know I missed them a lot.

“How are you?” I asked Skye worriedly pulling her body tightly against mine before holding her at arms length and looking all over her body noticing a few bruises and scratches here and there but they were extremely faint.

“I’m okay,” she said back smiling pulling me into a hug. I smiled largely as relief flooded through me. I then turned to Harry and asked him the same as he hugged me back.

“You two almost gave me a heart attack you know,” I said to them both glaring at them.

“Sorry love,” Harry laughed as Skye pulled me in for another hug.

“It’s good to have you back," Skye laughed into my ear.

After I had said hello to everyone Niall’s arms were back around my waist, chin resting on my shoulder. I couldn’t keep the large smile of my face, just being near him and touching him lit up my world.

“Not that I don’t want to spend more time with you, but why exactly do you want me to go to yours for an hour?” I asked curiously, spinning around in his arms.

“You shall see,” He said cryptically before pulling me to the car with everyone trailing behind. I eyed him suspiciously as I climbed into the car. I wanted to be around Niall but I also really wanted a shower and to sleep. I didn’t think that was too much to ask.

The drive to Niall’s was filled with questions, that I answered half tired as Zayn, Liam and Dani fired question after question at me. I happily answered but my answers were often interrupted by my yawns.

“Okay close your eyes.” Niall said when we reached the door of his apartment. He had made everyone go away so it was just us two. Laughing I closed my eyes and I heard Niall open the door as he led me into his flat. I had no idea what he was doing.

Suddenly there was a bark and my face screwed up in concentration as I no longer felt Niall’s arm on my back. I jumped slightly though when his voice sounded right in front of me.

“Open,” I opened my eyes instantly taking in the beautiful boy in front of me before I glanced down at what he was holding. My eyes went wide and I gasped loudly. In his arms was the puppy I had said I wanted at the store before I left.

“Knox!” I almost screamed as I quickly grabbed him out of Niall’s arm and began to stroke his fur and hug him close. “He’s adorable,” I cooed pressing kisses over his fur. After a moment I glanced back up at Niall to see him watching me closely, a smile filled up his face.

“I got him for you,” He said simply.

“Thank you. I can pay you back.” I said to him quickly. I watched his face harden and I stared at him in surprise never seeing him like this.

“It’s a gift. You’re not paying me back,” He said sternly. I stared at him for a moment before smiling largely and placing Knox on the ground and pulling Niall by his shirt to me making our lips meet. I hungrily kissed him as I felt him grin into the kiss before he pulled me closer. We were interrupted however as Knox began to whine softly from below us. I laughed and glanced down at our puppy as it looked up at us.

“I love you,” My head snapped up to look at Niall so fast that I swear I got whiplash. I stared into his eyes for a moment as he looked at me with all the love and adoration in the world.

“I love you too,” I said softly and honestly, he reached forward and pressed a short but sweet kiss against my lips.

“I should really drive you home.” He said softly his voice showing that he hated that idea.

“You could always stay the night,” I offered quietly. Niall’s eyes twinkled as he nodded happily.

“We’ll have to leave your stuff in the car though until my parent’s leave. My dad doesn’t need to know that you’re staying the night.” I warned him. He nodded in agreement before grabbing some clothes and chucking it into his bag with his other essentials.

“Oh I got Knox some toys and food and other necessary stuff.” Niall said picking up other bags filled with dog items. I smiled at him gratefully as I picked up a bag to help him and tucked Knox under my other arm. We headed downstairs into his car as Knox made himself comfortable on my lap, going to sleep instantly. My fingers brushed through his fur as I smiled at him happily. I glanced over at the boy beside me and smiled largely. I was so thankful to have him. To have him love me.

We arrived at my flat and grabbed my stuff out of the car and headed up with Knox happily asleep in my arms. I pushed the door to my flat open and saw Jacob on the couch with both my parents. They smiled at me largely.

“Look!” I practically yelled at them holding the dog up slightly to show them all. Jacob laughed at me.
“We know sweetie, Jacob told us.” My mother said kissing my cheek and patting Knox in my arms. My father came over and pulled me into a hug, mindful of the dog.

“How did you know?” I asked looking over at Jacob.

“Niall called me up to ask if it was okay if he bought you a dog,” Jacob shrugged nodding over at Niall who had placed all of Knox’s stuff in the corner of the room. I smiled at him gratefully. I smiled happily as Niall greeted my parents warmly. They both warmly greeted him back, my mother even pulling him into a hug. I was happy my parents liked Niall, even if my father was still slightly over protective.

“Could you grab Knox’s stuff and bring it into my room?” I asked Niall as I started to head there so I could place Knox in his bed. I heard Niall following behind me. We pulled out a bed and food to fill food dishes with and set it up in my room before placing him down gently in his bed. He was dead asleep.

“Thank you so much,” I said turning to face Niall. Niall’s eyes wouldn’t meet mine however as his hand came up to play with the necklace around my neck, the necklace he gave me. “I never take it off.”

His eyes met mine the moment I said this and he smiled pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

“I love you,” He said eyes twinkling.

“Love you too Irishman,” I winked back.

“Are you right to hang with my parents and brother as I go for a quick shower?” Niall nodded happily as I grabbed some clothes and headed for a much needed shower.

After I came out my parents only stayed a while longer before saying they would leave and allow us to sleep. My father eyed Niall suspiciously who quickly said that he would probably leave soon. I said goodbye to my parents before dragging Niall into my room.

“I am exhausted, I could sleep for years,” I groaned checking on Knox before pulling the blankets down on my bed. Niall stripped down to his boxers and even though it was only the afternoon he still climbed into bed with me. I smiled at him happily as his arms wrapped around me and he kissed my lips softly.

“I love you Tate Richards,”

“I love you Niall Horan.” I whispered back as my eyes closed.

“Sweet dreams my love. I’m glad your home.” I heard Niall say before I slipped into unconsciousness with a smile on my face. Everything was perfect, I had an amazing boyfriend, amazing family, amazing friends, amazing dog and my music was really taking off. Everything was perfect so I couldn’t be blamed for forgetting to tell Niall the little fact that my band member had kissed me when I was halfway across the world away from my boyfriend.