‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

45

Tate

“KNOX!” I yelled in reprimand as he began to bark at the door after someone knocked. He backed off slightly but stayed by my side protectively as I opened the door. Surprise crossed my face as I saw Ander standing in the doorway.

I hadn’t seen or spoken to Ander since we got back from tour two weeks ago.

“Hi,” I said awkwardly.

“Hey Tate, could we talk?” He asked not meeting my eyes. I hesitated before stepping to the side and allowing him to walk into the apartment. We both stood there awkwardly staring at each other for a moment.

“Look Tate, I uh wanted to apologise for everything that happened. I was a complete tosser and I’m sorry,” Ander said raising his hand to mess up his already messed up hair. “I don’t want to lose our friendship and the band.”

“I don’t want to either. But Ander you should have told me you had feelings for me,”

“Would it have made a difference?” I gave him a curious look not understanding what he meant.

“Would you have went out with me over him?”

“I love him,” I said sighing.

“I get it, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have kissed you,”

“No you shouldn’t have. But I forgive you,” I said offering him a small smile. There was a knock at the door interrupting our conversation and Knox started barking again.

I turned and opened the door to see a smiling Niall standing there. My eyes went wide in surprise and panic.

“Hey love,” he said leaning forward to peck me on the lips and walked into the apartment. I turned around to see Ander look at Niall in panic as Niall greeted him and shook his hand. All three of us stood there silently for a moment.

Niall glanced at me questioningly obviously not understanding the awkward atmosphere.

“I was just going anyway,” Ander said heading for the door quickly before pausing and turning back to look at Niall. “Look mate I’m really sorry for what happened. It was stupid of me to do and I understand if you hate me,” He said before quickly walking out the door and shutting it behind me. My eyes were wide in panic as I started to twist my hands together.

“What was that about?” Niall asked turning to me. I looked down at the ground not meeting his eyes. “Tate?”

I sighed and picked up Knox trying to prolong what I knew was inevitable. The worst thing was I had no idea how Niall was going to react to this.

“You’re scaring me Tate,” I sighed again and glanced up to meet Niall’s worried eyes.

“Something happened when we were on tour. Ander was drunk and well he told me he loved me,” I blurted out.

“Okay, he was just drunk though. Right?” Niall asked stepping forwards slightly, his face was expressionless.

“I thought so too but the next day he came and told me again sober,” I whispered out so quietly that with the silence that followed I thought Niall might not have heard me. I glanced up however and saw the pain on his face.

“Do you like him?” He asked, now his turn to stare at the ground and not me. I gasped in shock.

“Of course not! And I told him that instantly. I love you Niall!” I said putting Knox back on the ground and stepping towards Niall. He looked up at me in relief. I frowned slightly not sure if I should say the rest.

“There’s more isn’t there.” Niall stated. I bit my lip and looked away.

“You can tell me.” He whispered.

“He kissed me,” I said quickly. I watched Niall’s face as it turned slightly shocked before it turned hard. He was angry, I hadn’t ever seen Niall angry since I met him. I had never seen him look at me like this. I felt my heart stop and my stomach drop just from the look he was giving me.

“He kissed you!” He practically spat at me. “Why?”

“I don’t know, I guess he was caught up in the moment. Look I didn’t kiss him back. I pushed him away instantly I swear.” I said stepping forward and Niall moved away and put his back to me. I stopped mid step as I tried to hide the hurt his rejection caused.

“Were you going to tell me this?” Niall asked turning around, eyes flashing in anger. I paused and stuttered slightly not sure what to say. He scoffed at my lack of response before he stormed out of the apartment slamming the door behind him. I stood there completely shocked not registering what just happened. I leant down slightly to pick up Knox and hug him against my body as my mind began to process what happened.

I could feel my heart thumping loudly in my chest like it was trying to break free. The tears began to fill in my eyes as I saw the hurt look in Niall’s face and the anger that was aimed towards me.

The door opened and I glanced up hoping to see Niall. However it wasn’t Niall it was Jacob. I sobbed loudly and fell to the floor.

-

It had been two days since Niall had walked out on me. He wouldn’t answer my texts or my calls. Skye had tried to talk to him for me but he wouldn’t listen to her either.

I had been a complete mess merely crying in my room curled up with Knox.

Tonight however was a charity event that Simon had stated that we had to go to. I had to attend with Niall, a demand of Simon’s. Niall wouldn’t speak to me but Skye had told me that I was to still ride with them.

Sighing I glanced at myself in the mirror before my phone beeped indicating that they were here downstairs in the limo waiting for me. I grabbed my stuff and told Jacob I would see him there. He hugged me and pressed a kiss to my forehead before I headed down to the ground floor.

I kept my face completely free of emotion when I walked out and saw the limo sitting there waiting for me. Harry was standing there waiting for me with the door open. He smiled at me.

“You look beautiful,” he said sweetly moving forward to press a kiss to my cheek.

“Thanks,” I muttered not really meeting his eyes. I climbed into the limo to come face to face with Niall. I paused slightly shocked as his blue eyes met mine for a brief moment before his head turned and look out the window.

Fighting back the tears that threatened to spill I sat myself in the seat properly and Harry climbed in shutting the door behind him. I glanced at Niall out of the corner of my eye a couple of times but his whole body was practically turned away from me.

I bit my lip as it shook slightly from trying to contain my tears. I glanced up to see everyone else watching us warily. The moment my eyes met there’s they were filled with sympathy. At least they didn’t hate me like Niall did.

After the awkward and painful limo ride we pulled up and piled out of the limo.

The moment we were out of the car screams filled my head. There were people everywhere pushing forward trying to get to us. I could tell the security guards were having trouble keeping the crowd back. I moved forward slightly to let everyone out of the limo after me before we were pushed forward by guards. Not wanting to be near Niall at this point I moved forward to walk next to Skye. I could see Harry and Louis not far ahead signing a few autographs before getting pushed further along. I walked to a group of people calling my own name and began to sign a few autographs as well.

Eventually I was pushed forward with Skye still by my side. I glanced behind me to see Niall staring at me intently. His eyes went wide and he suddenly pushed towards me.

He pushed me to the side and into Skye; both of us stumbled but grabbed each other to balance. I spun around to scream at Niall however there was a loud noise and Niall fell to the ground.

There was screaming, but not the good screams or excited screams. They were horrified, scared screams. I think my scream was one of them. I moved forward at what appeared to me as an agonizingly slow pace.

My eyes were set on Niall who was on the ground. My Niall who was in pain I could tell by the way his face was screwed up. My Niall whose hands were slowly turning red from clutching his stomach.

I moved forward and there was another loud noise like before and suddenly something hit me hard in the stomach and I stumbled. I touched my stomach in surprise before the pain hit. The searing hot burning pain ripped through my stomach and spread throughout my whole body. I felt like I was burning alive. I wanted to scream but my voice wouldn’t come. It was too painful.

I felt my knees give out as I fell to the ground and my head hit the hard ground before everything turned black and the pain was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... So not sure if people are going to hate me for this but I've been kind of planning this for a while and I really wanted to do it... You might not have realised what exactly happened at the end of this chapter but all will be explained in the next.
Also, please don't hate me, please?