‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

46

Skye

I stayed by Tate’s side as we were pushed around. I could see Harry up ahead but I couldn’t reach him. I watched as Tate signed autographs and took photos. A few people called out to me but I just waved and smiled at them all.

Tate started to move forward as I followed but she stopped suddenly and turned around. I followed her gaze to see Niall staring back. I sighed. Those two really needed to fix their silly little fight.

I watched Niall surprised as he suddenly moved forward and pushed Tate into me making us stumble. Tate spun around clearly angry and I looked at Niall in surprise.

I heard a bang and people were screaming louder and moving faster. Some people were crouching on the ground, hands over heads. I looked back at Tate when I heard her scream pierce through the air. My eyes scanned her body making sure everything was okay. I then followed her line of vision to Niall who was on the ground.

My face screwed up in concentration, I had obviously missed something here. Tate moved forward in front of me obstructing my view of Niall when another loud noise ripped through the air.

Tate suddenly fell to the ground in front of me clutching her stomach, her head hit the ground hard and her body went limp. I dived for her instantly. My eyes scanned her body again wondering what caused her to fall. And then I saw it, blood was gushing out of her stomach. She was bleeding a lot.

I was screaming. I knew I was screaming. I couldn’t stop it. I was screaming for help and no one was coming. Why wasn’t anyone coming? Tate had been shot, she had been shot. My hand instantly moved forward pressing on her wound like I saw in movies. I had to stop blood from coming out. She needed that blood. It needed to stay inside her.

I felt the warm tears coming down my cheeks tasting like salt the moment they hit my mouth. I was still screaming.

Suddenly two strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me from Tate. I screamed louder, kicking in the process. Someone was picking me up and pulling me from Tate. I had to stay with her. Tate needed me. I didn’t know who had me nor did I care. I continued to fight back trying to go back to Tate. How could they just leave her lying there? She was going to die.

I was taken inside that much I could tell. It was quieter in here but I couldn’t stop screaming.

I was placed on my feet and someone else’s arms were around me. Someone familiar. They were whispering something to me but the ringing in my ear and my own screams were preventing me from hearing anything.

I controlled my screams as I tried to concentrate on what this familiar person was telling me. I breathed in the familiar scent. Zayn, it was Zayn who had me. I relaxed more into his arms.

“Tate. Tate.” I kept repeating to him. Trying to tell him.

“What about Tate?” I heard him asked as he continued to rub my back. I glanced down at my hands and my shirt, her blood was all over me.

“She was shot.” I said numbly to Zayn. I felt his arms tighten around me.

“What about Niall Skye? He was out there with you two. What about Niall?”

I tried to think back. He was there too. He had fallen over after the first loud noise.

“Oh god,” I screamed as my mind pieced together what happened. The first loud noise had been a gunshot too. Tate had screamed and moved forward in front of me towards Niall because he was hurt.

“He got shot too!” I cried out before I fell to the ground as Zayn’s shocked arms let me go. I sobbed on the ground shaking as every cry I released out echoed throughout the building.

Suddenly hands were grabbing my hands pulling them away from my body. I sobbed loudly trying to pull them back.

“Are you hurt anywhere? We need to know if you’re hurt.” Someone was saying to me, I shook my head as my body shook violently with sobs. I couldn’t speak, I was having trouble breathing. I gasped and opened my mouth trying to get air into my lungs but I couldn’t stop crying. I sat there gasping as my chest tightened. People were around me trying to get me to breathe. Couldn’t they see I was trying to? I felt Zayn beside me again telling me to breathe, but I didn’t need him. I needed Harry. I needed to know he was okay.

“H-harry!” I managed to gasp out between my sobs.

“SOMEONE GET HARRY!” Zayn bellowed from beside me making me wince slightly. My chest continued to tighten painfully as only small breaths were entering my lungs. I heard people asking Zayn if I was asthmatic. He didn’t know. People were told to back up slightly to give me more room to breathe. Water was pushed into my hand but I couldn’t take it. I was moving slowly back and forward on the floor staring at my blood covered hands and clothes. I kept picturing Tate and Niall laying there as the bile started to rise in my throat. I began to retch slightly.

Zayn suddenly pushed a bucket in front of me as I threw up into it.

“WHERE THE FUCK IS HARRY?” He screamed out before pressing a kiss to my head still trying to soothe me. I knew it was hurting him, I could see the tears falling down his cheeks and the way his voice cracked as he spoke. I wanted to be strong for him, I wanted to comfort him but I couldn’t. All I could see, all I could smell was Tate’s blood as it consumed me.

Suddenly someone was on the other side of me. Someone else’s arms were around me. I turned my head to see Harry and I choked on another sob as I threw my arms around him. I cried loudly, it came out half like a scream as my body collapsed against his. He hugged me so tightly that I thought my ribs would break but neither of us cared. He was here.

“You need to breathe Skye. Breathe for me,” I heard him whisper into my ear and he pulled away slightly. I clutched onto him tightly not wanting him to let me go.

“I’m right here, I’m never going anywhere again. Just please breathe,” I saw the tears slip down his cheeks and I focused on breathing not wanting to be the cause of his tears. After a moment I suddenly gasped and air suddenly filled my lungs making my chest hurt but in a good way. Relief washed through Harry’s eyes as he pulled me tightly against his body.

I quickly pushed away and grabbed the bucket next to me, emptying my stomach into it. I noticed Zayn sitting beside me head in his hands as Liam rubbed his back. Harry soothingly rubbed my back and pressed his lips to my head, I merely clung onto his white dress shirt not having anything left to puke up. I started to hiccup from the crying.

“We need to move you.” Someone’s deep voice boomed from above us. Harry went to stand which only made me cry more. I couldn’t let go of him. He froze instantly and wrapped his arms around me lifting me up with him. I clung to his neck helplessly as he carried me like a child. I buried my face into his neck trying to block out the images.

We were taken to a corner of the ball room that I vaguely noticed. There was a hum of talking as people around made room for us to take the chairs. I could see security everywhere.

“We need to talk to her, see if she saw anyone.” Someone said I merely pushed my face tighter against Harry’s neck.

“You can ask her later,” Harry said softly pressing a kiss to my head.

“We really need to talk to her now.” Someone said firmly from above us. Harry’s arms tightened around me.

“Can you see her right now.” Harry’s voice started to rise angrily. “She could barely breathe! You can wait and speak to her later!”

Harry placed me on a chair and knelt down in front of me. He grabbed my hands and rested them in my lap entwined with his.

“You’re not hurt?” He whispered to me. I shook my head and pulled at my clothes feeling the tears slide down my cheeks.

“Tate, Niall,” I managed to whisper out.

“I know, were waiting to hear something,” Harry’s eyes welled up with tears as he tried to keep them down. He was trying to be strong for me, like usual. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him against me.

“It’s okay to cry,” I whispered into his ear. I almost regretted saying that instantly as he let out a weird strangled moan before he started to shake and his sobs echoed throughout the crowd. His cries broke my heart as he buried his head into my lap holding tightly to my waist. I clung onto his shirt rubbing soothing circles into his back. We merely stayed there for a while longer clinging to each other.

I glanced up and around us as I held Harry in my arms. Zayn, Liam, Louis, Danielle and Eleanor were surrounding us with tear stained faces. Security was tight around us and I could barely see out past the men in black.

My eyes met with Danielle’s and fresh tears began to flow from my eyes as I tried to hold onto Harry as his body continued to shake. I felt my own begin to shake from the effort of trying to keep my sobs. Suddenly Zayn’s arms were around me and I buried my head into his chest as I let my own cries join Harry’s. I felt the others surround us as we stayed on there holding onto each other tightly. Needing this time for us.

“I love you,” I said softly to Harry. Tears ran down his cheeks freely as he pushed his head into my stomach and pulled me closer to him. I ran my trembling fingers through his hair. For once I was going to be the strong one; for once in our relationship I was going to protect Harry.

“We need to talk to you.” A voice was heard from above us making us all pull away and glance up. It was a policeman. Harry grunted in annoyance glaring at the man.

“It’s okay Harry,” I said softly gripping onto his arm to try and calm him down. He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me.

“Alone,” the officer said glaring at Harry.

“No.” Both of us responded at the same time. The officer sighed staring at us annoyed before nodding and leading us out of the ball room and up a flight of stairs. We ended up in a bedroom.

“We need you to explain to us exactly what happened, everything you saw.” The officer said sitting down on a chair as Harry and I took a seat on the end of the bed. I took a deep breath, clinging onto Harry’s hand tightly as I began to recount everything that happened the moment I stepped out of the van.

My voice shook and broke as I explained what happened after the first shot ripped through the crowd. I felt Harry tense beside me as I continued to explain the events my voice shaking as I did so. I eventually finished and took a deep breath as more tears fell from my eyes.

“So Tate moved in front of you?” The officer asked suddenly eyeing me intensely. I looked at him confused and nodded. His face went suddenly serious as Harry stiffened even more beside me and I felt his hand grip mine tighter.

“What?” I asked confused at their reactions.

“It was the both of you who were involved in a car crash not long ago right?”

“Right,” Harry confirmed. I grew more confused.

“Thank you, that will be all for now. We will call you if we need anything else.” The officer said standing up and leaving the room. I turned to look at Harry as he stayed completely still staring at the wall.

“Harry?” He snapped out of his trance and turned to look at me. He suddenly leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back eagerly wrapping my arms around his neck as his fingers pressed into my waist leaving bruises. I quickly pulled his shirt off his body and my hands started to roam his body as he started to place kisses down my neck. I fell back on the bed and Harry quickly removed my shirt placing kisses down and along the top of my breasts. I gasped as he kissed down my stomach and back up before capturing my lips with his. I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He stopped suddenly and rested his head between my breasts and pulled me tightly against him.

We both stayed there panting heavily needing the skin on skin contact we were sharing. We needed to feel, we just needed each other and right now in this moment as I focused on Harry’s breathing and the smell of him I could block out everything else.

I could block out the world and it was just us. Just us, and everything was good and safe. The world wasn’t completely messed up. We were safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i just had to take this down and re upload it because my internet went a bit crazy on me. So sorry to people if i've confused them with thinking there was an extra update...