‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

47

Skye

I shifted uncomfortably on the hospital seat before closing my eyes once again trying to block out the white wash walls. I felt Harry’s hands absently run through my hair. I heard a chair creek and instantly my eyes flew open. I glanced around and noticed everyone was exactly in the same spot and no one else had arrived. Sighing I sat up deciding that I wasn’t going to be sleeping anytime soon.

Harry glanced at me before entwining our hands together and going back to staring at the coffee table in front of us. I glanced around the room to see Tate’s family and band lounging on the seats in front of us. Tate’s mum was still shaking with sobs, squished between her husband and her son. I felt the tears well in my eyes at the sight. Trying to hold them back I moved my eyes away from them.

I glanced to my left to see Danielle curled up against Liam, I would assume she was sleeping but by the constant shifting of her body I would say she was far from it. Liam merely stared down at his girlfriend who rested against his chest. His face was void of emotion. however I could still see the tear tracks made across his beautiful face. Next to Liam was Zayn who had pulled his knees up to his chest with his head buried in them. Here and there I would see his shoulders shake which would result in Liam immediately sticking an arm around the boy until he calmed down.

On the ground against the wall just to the right of us Louis and Eleanor sat. Louis hands were tangled in his hair tightly as he sat curled up against the wall. Eleanor had her arms around him as she tried to comfort her boyfriend, silent tears slowly slid down her face. Her eyes met mine and I knew the emotion showed in hers was mirrored in mine. Absolute mind numbing pain.

A doctor and nurse walked past us making all our heads turn to watch before resuming our previous positions. I glanced around at my broken family and I got a glimpse what it must have been like after mine and Harry’s crash. Not having any clue what was happening just knowing that at this moment the people you love are in another room teetering on the verge of life or death. It was enough to make any person go slightly crazy.

I unattached my hand from Harry’s and stood up. His head instantly snapped up to stare at me.

“Toilet,” I murmured to him quietly. He stood up, grabbed my hand and walked with me to the toilet that was down the hall and around the corner. He waited outside without a word as I walked in.

I glanced into the mirror after washing my hands. My face was red and my eyes were swollen. Harry’s mum had brought some clothes for us, I was thankful to get out of the blood stained dress I had still been wearing.

I still couldn’t believe that eight hours ago they had been shot. For the last seven hours they had been in surgery and we had received no news from them. Niall’s family had been called and they were on their way.

As I stared at myself more intently I saw the bags resting under my eyes from lack of sleep. My eyes were bloodshot from the crying and tiredness. My body was weak from no sleep or food.

It felt weird to think that just over ten hours ago I had been getting ready for a charity event with Danielle and Eleanor. We had been devising a plan to get Niall and Tate talking again.

My eyes filled with tears at the thought of fighting with Harry and then losing him forever. I practically ran out of the toilet and into Harry’s waiting arms. His hand ran through my hair comfortingly as he tried to calm me down.

“I’m sorry, I just, I remembered that Niall and Tate were fighting and now, now there...” I trailed off not able to finish the sentence. I looked up to meet Harry’s eyes.

“I don’t want to fight with you and lose you,” I whispered to Harry as my tears flowed freely. His eyes softened and he leant forward pressing a light kiss to my lips.

“I’m not going anywhere.” He whispered wiping away my tears and pulling me back into his arms.

“Promise?” I whispered pathetically.

“Promise my love,” He whispered back pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

“We should get food for everyone,” I mumbled to him pulling away slightly but not enough that I would be completely out of his arms. I quickly reached up to wipe away the rest of the tears, sniffling slightly as my nose began to run.

“I don’t think they will eat right now,” Harry replied.

“Doesn’t matter, they have to. We all have to for Tate and Niall.” I said before pulling Harry towards the elevator so we could grab food for everyone.

We soon headed back up with bags of sandwiches and drinks. We walked to the area we had been waiting at to see no one had really moved. We placed everything on the table. No one moved. I sighed and began to pull out the food. I started to take a sandwich and a drink to each person. Ander and Lee gladly accepted, offering me a small pained smiled. Eleanor and, with some slight coaxing from both El and myself, Louis took their food and began to eat. I shook Dani gently and gave her and Liam there food. I then crouched down in front of Zayn and pulled his legs down so I could see his face.

His watery eyes met my miserable ones. I leant up and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead before giving him his food. He looked at the sandwich before pushing it away. My face screwed up in annoyance as I pushed it back. He once again refused it.

“Eat it Zayn. You don’t get to sit here and fall apart, got it. You are going to sit here and eat this. So then when Niall awakes you will be strong enough to see him. Eat.” I hissed lowly at him. His eyes stared into mine for a moment before he took the food and drink and began to angrily eat.

I then made my way over to Tate’s family. Jacob took the food off me kindly, nodding his thanks. I made my way back over to Harry as he sat there with both of our food and drinks. I sat down next to him and glanced around to see everyone eating. I finally turned to my own food forcing the sandwich down trying not to bring it back up as my stomach did twists from the notion of food.

We sat there for a while longer before Perrie burst through to our area. She glanced over us all before spotting Zayn and ran to his side. Her body collided with his suddenly as she wrapped him up in her arms. We were silent for a few seconds watching the couple before Zayn’s cries filled the room. I closed my eyes and willed away the sound and my own tears as we sat there.

There was a movement next to me and I saw Danielle practically run out of the room with Liam close behind her. Sighing I turned my body into Harry’s and buried my head in his neck. I just wanted to sleep for a long time.

Shortly after Liam arrived back without Danielle.

“S-she’s in the bathroom. Won’t l-let me in,” Liam murmured to us trying to keep his sobs in. I glanced towards Eleanor and we both got up straight away. Harry was instantly by my side as Louis went to sit with Zayn and Perry. Liam, El, Harry and I made our way to the bathroom.

El and I walked in to hear someone throwing up in the toilet.

“Danielle, Danielle unlock the door sweetie,” El said banging on the door lightly. There was a slight pause before we heard the click of the lock and it was pushed open. Danielle was crumpled on the floor staring up at us hopelessly. Before I could say anything her head was back in the toilet bowl as she threw up everything she had eaten.

El and I were instantly by her side rubbing her back and holding her hair.

“I’m sorry,” Danielle said pulling her head back and slumping against the wall.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about, just don’t block Liam out okay. It’s hurting him,” I whispered to her softly. She nodded her head and I took that as my cue to get Liam.

“You can see her now,” I told Liam as he practically ran past me into the bathroom. I met Harry’s eyes and sighed heavily.

“You’re exhausted.” He commented.

“We all are,” I replied leaning against the wall next to him. His hand automatically reached for mine. Ever since the shooting Harry hadn’t left my side and would constantly touch me as if to assure himself that I was still there. I squeezed his hand tightly as El walked out of the bathroom.

“We should probably leave them,” I nodded and grabbed her hand with my free one and we headed back to the others. As we got there we saw a doctor talking to Tate’s parents. We all instantly ran there. My heart nearly broke as Tate’s mum let out a cry, however Jacob’s smile told me it wasn’t bad news.

“She pulled through!” Jacob whooped smiling largely and jumped on Lee and Ander as they shouted gleefully.

“Excuse me sir, what about Niall?” Louis asked instantly stepping forward.

“I’m sorry but without his family present I cannot tell you anything,”

“We are his family,” Harry said stepping forward confidently and pulled me with him.

“I’m sorry sir but...”

“Please we just need to know that he’s okay,” Louis cut in standing next to Harry.

“I’m really sorry, but it’s protocol.”

“Fuck protocol! That’s our brother in there!” Zayn yelled getting to his feet and stomping over.

“You need to calm down...” Just at that moment completely cutting the doctor off Niall’s family rushed through to our area. Niall’s mum Maura was completely distraught as she was practically carried by her husband. Niall’s brother Greg and father Bobby however remained calm.

“We’re his family,” Niall’s dad said stepping forwards.

“Would you like to talk privately?” the doctor asked motioning away from us.

“Anything you say can be said in front of everyone here.” Bobby said sternly. I let out a breath of relief.

“Very well. Niall is currently stable. It was a bit touch and go for a while but the bullet has missed all major arteries. We will keep him in critical care over night but basically if he passes through the twenty four stage without any major incidents, we will expect a full recovery.

You could practically hear the breaths taken as everyone around began to breathe easy again. They were both going to be okay. I almost fell to the ground if it wasn’t for Harry’s arms around my waist holding me up.

“Only his family can see him for now. The same goes for Ms. Richards.” The doctor told us.

“You should all go home and rest. You look exhausted. We will call you if anything happens. I promise.” Bobby looked at us sternly as we were about to protest.

“I think he’s right.” Tate’s dad stepped towards us. “You’ve all been here for seven hours now. Go home, go to bed and come back later.”

We all eventually agreed and headed home. The moment we stepped outside the hospital we were instantly surrounded by body guards and herded towards two vans. I had never seen so much security surround the boys before. I guess everyone was a little edgy after what happened.

By the time we made it home I was struggling to keep my eyes open. Harry practically carried me up the stairs and into the apartment.

“Oh I was just about to come down with some food and fresh clothes.” Anne said appearing from out of our kitchen with Robin. “Did you hear anything?”

“He’s going to be fine,” Harry breathed out.

“Oh thank god,” She said leaning against Robin clutching her chest tightly. She glanced over Harry, Louis, El and I and took in our exhausted bodies.

“You all should shower and then go straight to bed. You all look terrible!” I waited for a snarky remark to come out of Lou but there was nothing. He merely nodded and followed Eleanor into his room.

“I’m not joking you two. Off you go,” she said sternly sending us a look. I nodded instantly and began to head towards the room.

“You shower first,” Harry said motioning for me to go. I nodded and headed straight for the shower. I finished as quickly as I could trying not to collapse of sleep in the shower before I wrapped the towel around me and started to search for some clothes.

“I’m so scared mum.” I heard Harry’s voice waft through the door. I automatically stopped what I was doing to listen better. I knew it was a bad thing to do but I couldn’t help it.

“She was out there when it happened. She was still out there. I could’ve lost her,”

“But you didn’t sweetie. She’s just right there in the other room perfectly okay.” I heard Anne reply.

“First the car crash and now this, I’m putting her life in danger. She is in danger by being with me.” I heard Harry’s voice rise slightly I knew he was getting angry. Before he decided to yell at his mum and do something he would regret, I pushed the door of our bedroom open loudly. All three people in the living room turned to look at me.

“Your turn,” I said to Harry motioning to the shower. He nodded and headed past me, quickly placing a kiss on my head before continuing into the shower. I waited until the water turned on before I turned to look at Anne and Robin.

“You heard didn’t you?” Robin asked. I nodded at them. Anne sighed.

“He worries too much about me and not enough about him. I mean he is the celebrity, not me.” I mumbled to them.

“Oh but sweetie, you’re the most important thing to Harry, of course he’s going to worry about you. You’ve taken over my spot in Harry’s life and he was always very protective over me. It would only seem right that he was more protective over you.” I shook my head at her words.

“I didn’t take your spot,” I tried to protest.

“Oh love, I didn’t mean it like that. Really it’s fine. I just mean that Harry loves you a lot and well right now its killing him that you were put in danger because you were out in public with him.”

We stopped the conversation as we heard the water stop running.

“Go get some sleep honey,” Anne said gently. I nodded and shut the door before heading over to the bed. I pulled the blankets down and crawled into my side of the bed. My body was completely drained of energy as I lay there barely able to move.

Harry entered the room not long after and made sure all the blinds were closed before turning the light off. He then crawled into bed next to me. As soon as the blankets were covering both of us, Harry’s arms were wound around my waist pulling me as close as possible to his body. I gladly snuggled into his chest.

“I love you,” Harry mumbled into my hair pressing a light kiss there.

“I love you too,” I whispered back moving my head to press a light kiss to his lips before settling back and closing my eyes.

As I began to fall asleep I willed the horrors of the past couple hours away. Instead of thought of a lifetime just lying in the arms of the one I loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the comments!! You guy's make me smile from all the support you give!! xx <3