‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

48

Tate

I still couldn’t believe I had been shot. It still hadn’t really registered in my mind that I was in fact sitting in a hospital bed with a bandage around my head and stomach. Not only was I shot but I had collapsed and hit my head hard enough to knock myself out. Well that was just bad luck.
The pain was dulled lightly from the drugs that were ingested into my system but I could still feel the slight pain in my head, and every time I moved a slight pain would shoot through my abdomen.

“How are you feeling?” Jacob asked me for the tenth time, I shot him a look.

“Like I was shot,” I hissed at him moving painfully into a more comfortable position.

“Don’t start you two,” my mother warned from her seat next to my bed. Both Jacob and I rolled our eyes at her before I flipped him off.

“All your friends send their love. They’re all back here again,” my father said walking into my room. I sighed, it had been two day since I woke up but I still wasn’t able to see them yet. Apparently they didn’t want to put too much emotional stress on me by seeing to many people at once.

“Are they able to see Niall yet?” I asked quickly. My father nodded at me. I sighed again, I wanted to see him, it was killing me not to see him. I didn’t know if he even wanted to see me thought, he hadn’t been talking to me beforehand maybe he still didn’t want to.

Someone knocked on my door making us all look up. There were two policemen standing in the doorway. My father got up instantly and met them at the door, shaking both their hands.

They both walked over and approached the bed introducing themselves to me. I smiled nervously back. We had been told that they had the shooter in custody the day before so I was unsure what they exactly needed today.

“Were just here today to get a statement of you,” one officer said smiling at me.

“A statement?” I asked nervously.

“Just tell us exactly what happened two days ago. Anything you remember.” I took a deep breath as I tried to gather all my thoughts. I felt my mum’s hand squeeze mine.

“But you already have the shooter right?” I asked slightly panicked.

“Yes we do, but we still need statements from anyone who was around.” I nodded in acceptance.

“Where do I start?”

“From when you got out of the car would be the best place.”

“Well I climbed out of the car and I noticed everyone standing around screaming and there were a lot of flashes blinding me slightly. I then moved forward and towards the left to sign some photos.
I think everyone else went forward. Oh except for Skye she stayed beside me and well Niall was behind me.”

“Skye as in Skye Jackson?” the officer asked writing something down. I nodded at him.

“So I talked to a few people and then I remember security telling me to move on, so I did with Skye still by my side. I then uh,” I paused as I tried to remember.

“I turned around, that’s right. I turned around to look back at Niall.”

“And why was that?”

“Well we were fighting, you see. And well I just did because I wanted to see him.”

“You and Niall Horan are in a relationship correct?” I hesitated to answer not really knowing how to answer.

“Is that important?” my mother interjected.

“Yes ma’am. We need to understand the relationships between each person to better understand a possible motive for the shooter,”

“It’s okay mum. Yes Niall and I are a couple, were, I’m not sure right now.” I mumbled looking down at my hands.

“And you are close with Miss Jackson?”

“Yes,” I said softly.

“Please carry on,” I sighed before continuing.

“So I looked back at Niall and this was when he moved towards me and pushed me into the Skye. He saw the shooter didn’t he?’ I asked them both realising why Niall pushed me.

“Yes. Mr. Horan states that he saw the shooter.”

“That means he pushed me away to save me. He jumped in front of a bullet for me,” I said softly to my mom in complete astonishment. I could feel the tears pricking my eyes.

“We really need you to finish this Miss Richards.”

“Well from there, that’s kind of it. I turned to see Niall on the ground and then I can’t really remember anything after that. I guess that’s the part where I get shot,” I said bitterly, still thinking about Niall. I just wanted to see him.

“Thank you Miss Richards.” Both officers said before leaving the room. I sighed and rested my head against the pillow closing my eyes.

“We’ll leave you rest,” my mother said pressing a kiss to my forehead as I heard them all leave. The moment the door shut I let the tears slip through my closed eyes.

My heart and head hurt. Everyone told me Niall was okay but I wanted to see him. I wanted to see with my own eyes that he was okay. I wanted to thank him. He took a bullet for me and I had nothing to repay him for that. Even if we were over and he never wanted to see me again I still had to thank him and let him know that I love him even if he doesn’t love me anymore.

-

“He was a complete nutter,” Jacob announced as he walked into the room. I turned to him for further explanation. “He wasn’t aiming for you. Aiming for Skye the whole time but Niall and you got in the way during both shots and before he could try again he got tackled and Skye was dragged inside. Literally she was screaming and everything, didn’t want to leave your side.”

“Wait hold on a minute. What do you mean he was after Skye?” I asked completely shocked.

“Like I said he was a complete psychotic nutter. He had been stalking this girl for months, a restraining order was placed against him. But apparently it just escaladed further and he concocted this whole fantasy that she was having an affair with Harry because he saw her go to a signing of the boys. Apparently there has been plans all throughout his place with different ways on how to kill Harry. Then when Harry and Skye’s relationship was announced he decided to go after her instead,” Jacob explained this calmly but I could see in his eyes how freaked out he actually as about this.

“The car accident?” I asked.

“All him.”

“Okay you have to be joking, this stuff doesn’t happen in real life,” I protested screwing up my face.

“It does if you’re a celebrity,” A voice was heard from the door. My head whipped so fast to the door that I instantly got a headache but I didn’t care. Sitting in a wheelchair in my doorway was Niall. My eyes welled up in tears at the sight of him.

“You should be in bed,” I choked out, not knowing what else to say. He chuckled lightly as Zayn wheeled him into the room, winking at me before walking out. My family left to give us space as well.

“You saved me,” I mumbled to him.

“Obviously not well enough,” He said glancing around the hospital room.

“It was the thought that counts,” I joked.

“So I’m still your prince charming,” He said turning to me hopeful. “After I was a complete jerk to you I didn’t think you would want to be with me anymore,”

“Of course I do! I thought you wouldn’t want to be with me. I thought you hated me.”

“I never hated you Tate. I was just hurt. I felt like you didn’t trust me.”

“I do. I just didn’t want to hurt you. And we were so happy when I got back and I didn’t even want to think about it anymore...” I trailed off. I heard him sigh as I glanced at him. He tried to move out of the chair but I could tell it caused him pain.

“ZAYN!” He called with a roll of his eyes. I watched on in confusion. Zayn appeared in the doorway.

“Can you help me onto the bed,” He whined at Zayn. I let out a giggle at how childish he sounded. Zayn obliged and helped his blonde band mate onto the bed next to me as I made room for him.

“Thanks, off you go,” Niall said shooing Zayn away.

“Of course your highness,” Zayn glared at Niall before leaving. I turned to smile at Niall.

“I never want to be the cause of your frown again,” He said suddenly leaning forward and pressing his lips to mine. I smiled into the kiss happily and kissed him back.

“I’m sorry it took me getting shot to realise how much of a cunt I was being,” He commented. I laughed at his wording.

“As long as were not fighting anymore I don’t mind. I never want to fight with you ever again Niall,” I said to him seriously. He leant forward to peck my lips lightly.

“I never want to fight with you ever again either,” he said back softly nudging his nose against mine lightly, making me smile.

“Oh good you guys made up,” Eleanor announced dragging the others in behind her. I laughed at them all.

“Honestly if I never see a hospital again in my life I will die happy.” Skye announced waltzing in. “I’m definitely having babies at home.”

Harry glanced at her surprise.

“What you drop the ‘m’ word all the time so I can mention babies,” she said smirking at him.

“M word?” Zayn asked confused.

“Marriage,” she told him.

“You’re getting married?” I asked completely confused.

“No silly Tate,” she cooed at me running her fingers through my hair. “Harry here likes to talk about marrying me because it gets me flustered and nervous. He however thinks it’s cute,”

I glanced at Harry who winked at me. I laughed loudly.

“I’m glad you’re okay then,” I said turning to her.

“What do you mean? Why wouldn’t I be okay?” She asked confused.

“Well you know after finding out about the shooter.”

“What about the shooter?” I stared at her confused as she stared back at me confused. I glanced around the room to see no one meeting my eyes. Harry’s eyes were closed and his jaw was locked together tightly.

“Harry?” Skye asked sternly. He opened his eyes and stared at her before sighing loudly, hunching his shoulders forward.

“We should go somewhere private to talk about this,” He muttered grabbing her hand and leaving the room.

“Talk about what?!” We could hear her yell loudly as they left the room causing us all to wince.
“Shit, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said anything,” I said quickly.

“No it’s okay, it’s not your fault. She should know anyway. It was Harry’s idea not to tell her,” Niall explained quickly.

“We didn’t agree,” Liam added.

“Why doesn’t he want her to know?” I asked worried.

“It’s Skye what does she do best? She’ll freak out and worry too much.” Louis said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Like Harry’s doing now. If it was up to him she wouldn’t leave the flat,” Liam stated. Zayn let out a low whistle.

“That’s not going to end well,” he said glancing towards the door as if imagining the fight we all knew that was carrying on just outside the door.

“Sorry to interrupt everyone but Niall and Tate here really need to get some rest,” My doctor said suddenly appearing in the doorway. Everyone nodded and gave us hugs and kisses. I was about to protest however as Liam began to help Niall back into his wheelchair.

“I’ll see you after our nap okay,” Niall said smiling largely causing me to instantly smile back. He leant forward and pressed his lips to mine softly before pulling away and climbing gingerly into the wheelchair and Liam wheeled him out of the room. I sighed and settled myself into the bed before letting sleep overcome me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how well this chapter came out. I spent ages on it and I'm just really not sure about the shooter part, i feel like maybe I built it up too much and well announced it badly. But I kind of wanted to play it off lightly hence Jacob's character telling it... So yeah sorry if it's a bit crap...
But Niall and Tate drama are over!! YAY!!
I swear soon it shall be sunshine and happiness until the end... Which will be soon ;)