‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

5

Tate

I was woken up by loud knocking at the front door. Grumbling I got up and stormed to the front door. I threw it open and glared at the person in front of me. That glare instantly dropped however when I saw Niall standing in front of me. I instantly blushed and glanced down at myself, I was wearing incredibly short shorts and just a black singlet.

“I uh um, found your phone in my car.” Niall stuttered suddenly looking away from me and around the room. I blushed harder.

“T-thanks,” I stuttered. “Come in. I’m just going to go get changed.” I said before practically sprinting to my room. I quickly changed into jeans and grabbed a random shit out of my drawer. Before I left the room I quickly checked myself in the mirror. Sighing frustrated at my messy hair I quickly ran a brush through it.

I walked out of the my room to see Niall sitting awkwardly on a chair looking around. He looked up the moment I walked out and smiled at me instantly. I smiled back. He held out my phone and I quickly walked over to grab it.

“Thanks,” I said gratefully checking the phone to see I had a message from Jacob saying he wouldn’t be home and to meet at the studio. I rolled my eyes.

“Is something wrong?” Niall asked watching me intently.

“Just my brother bailed on me again so I have to find my own way to the studio,” I told him annoyed.

“I could drive you,” he offered. I blushed.

“Oh no its fine really. I wouldn’t want to be a hassle.” I said as quickly as I could looking away.

“I don’t mind!” He said standing up in front of me. “What time do you have to be there?”

“Umm in about two hours,” I answered glancing at the time on my phone.

“Great, well how about we go grab something to eat first. I’m starving.” He said smiling largely at me. I giggled and nodded my consent.

“Let me just go grab my stuff.” I ran into my room and hurried into my bathroom to brush my teeth before grabbing my things and running out to meet Niall. Just as we walked out the door Niall gave me a funny look.

“What?’ I asked self consciously.

“Don’t you want shoes?” He asked smiling. I glanced down to see I was in fact barefoot.

“Crap!” I exclaimed before running back in and grabbing a pair of Toms. I ran back out with them on. However in my haste I smacked right into Niall sending us both to the floor. Groaning I lifted my head to be met with Niall’s clear blue eyes. I stayed there staring straight into them not being able to move. There was a cough suddenly and one of my neighbours walked past us. I instantly blushed and noticed our position on the floor. I was practically straddling him. I quickly stood up and Niall followed. I glanced around and quickly locked our door.

“Sorry,” I mumbled shyly to him.

“It’s okay.” He said back and I glanced up to see he was just as red as me. “Ready to go?”

I nodded and we headed down the stairs.

“Any place you want to go for breakfast?” He asked when we got into the car. I shook my head. “I know a great place.” He promised and smiled before pulling out on to the road.

Soon enough we were pulling in front of a cute cafe.

I got out of Niall’s car and followed him into the cafe. Everyone seemed to already know Niall as the girl at the counter smiled and asked if he wanted the usual. He nodded happily. She glanced at me quickly and I received a dirty look. I was slightly shocked as I stared at the girl wondering what I had done to offend her.

“What were you after?” She suddenly asked plastering a fake smile on her face. I continued to stare at her for a moment before glancing at the menu and ordering the first thing I saw. We went to take our seat as I felt a bit on edge from the girl.

“You right?” Niall asked me noticing my strangeness. I just nodded and glanced out the window staring at the people passing us by.

Eventually our food came and the girl smiled sweetly at Niall and shot me another dirty look when she practically threw my plate on the table. Niall didn’t notice as he was too busy with his food. I however stared at her shocked as she walked away. Then it clicked.

I suddenly burst out laughing extremely loud. I quickly clamped my hand over my mouth to hide my loud laugh as everyone turned to look at me. I instantly blushed and glanced at Niall to see him staring at me curiously with a large smile on his face.

“What’s so funny?” He asked his large smile still prominent on his face showing of his crooked but still beautiful teeth. I practically had to shake my head to get out of the trance this boy put me in.

“How often do you come here?” I asked him quickly. He shrugged.

“Nearly every day I suppose...” He trailed off.

“Well I’m pretty sure that girl has a crush on you. And you just broke her heart by bringing me here.” I said giggling. His expression went completely shocked as he glanced over at the girl. She was watching us but the moment Niall looked at her she instantly looked away blushing. I looked back at Niall who looked horrified.

“She won’t be upset or anything right? She’s not going to cry is she?” I looked at him to see him seriously worried. My heart went out to the boy in front of me. He actually cared about this girl.

“She’ll live,” I promised reaching over to pat his hand. “Maybe don’t bring girls here anymore...” I added.

“Right well next time we go out remind me not to come here.” He said digging into his food again. I instantly blushed.

“Next time we go out huh?” I asked. He looked up quickly blushing slightly.

“Well, yeah, if you want to...” He trailed off obviously unsure. I laughed.

“That would be great.” I smiled at him receiving a warm smile back before we both dug into our food.

-

“So you’ve NEVER been to Nando’s. As in never?” Niall asked me as we got out of his car and walked to the studio.

“For the tenth time Niall. No I’ve never been!” I said not understanding why it was such a shock.

“I can’t believe it.” He said astonished as he opened the door to the studio for me. I blushed and quickly walked in.

“Why not?” He suddenly demanded. I glanced at him surprised, he was staring at me intently waiting for a response. I laughed at him.

“I don’t know. Just never did.” I replied lamely. Before we could walk through the next door he suddenly grabbed my arm stopping me. I stared at him curiously.

“Can I take you?” Niall asked shyly. I gave him a confused look.

“Can I take you to Nandos?” He asked not meeting my eye. I blushed straight away.

“Uh sure.” I said quietly. His eyes instantly met mine and he smiled largely.

“Tonight?”

“Okay.” I said smiling at him.

“Great, can I have your number and I’ll text you when I’ll pick you up?” He asked holding out his phone. I grabbed it and put my number into it.

“Great, I’ll see you tonight. Have a fun day.” He said and suddenly he pulled me into a hug. Completely surprised I stood there like an idiot for a second before quickly hugging him back. I couldn’t help but note how good his hugs felt. He pulled away after a moment and winked at me before walking back the way we came. I stood there for a moment just watching him go.

“Tate! What are you doing out here?” I heard Ander say but I couldn’t take my eyes away from the Irishman’s retreating form.

“Hello! Tate!” Jacob said waving a hand in front of my face snapping me out of my trance. I quickly looked at him eyebrow raised in question. He looked at me weirdly.

“Simon wants to talk to us.” Lee said coming out of the room and pulling us in.

As I took a seat in front of Simon’s desk I couldn’t help how giddy I felt.

“I’ll have to make this short because I’ve got a busy day,” Simon started, I refrained from rolling my eyes. He was always busy. “But I’ve talked to your manager and we have decided when you all will go on tour. You will go on tour in three weeks for two months travelling major places within the USA.”

We all sat there silently for a moment. I was shocked I didn’t know how to react. Suddenly there was a cheer and Ander had jumped on Lee. Jacob picked me up and spun me around before we all started jumping. We were doing an American tour. This was big. Extremely big. This could make our music careers. We jumped around for a moment longer and thanked Simon endlessly before he kicked us out. We cheered even later outside of his office when my phone beeped.

From: Unknown
I’ll pick you up at 7.00 tonight. See you then ;D – Niall


I blushed instantly before replying to him. I couldn’t wait till I told him the good news tonight. I was suddenly tackled as Jacob cheered in my ear. I couldn’t hold the laughter in as I screamed more with the others.

Things were beginning to fall into place.