‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

50

Tate

I laid in the hospital bed for what felt like ages willing sleep to come but it never did. Thoughts of the shooting constantly playing through my head. Niall lying on the ground in front of me in complete agony. I didn’t understand how someone could do this. I didn’t understand how someone could be so willing to hurt another human being. I didn’t want to believe that someone was so willing to do that.

I sighed and sat up turning the light on in the room before grabbing my phone and turning on twitter. There were thousands of tweets from fans and friends supporting me and wishing me better. I sent out a tweet instantly letting every know I was okay and thanking them for support. My phone suddenly vibrated and I saw I had a message from Niall. I smiled to myself as I clicked on it.

From: NIALL
What you still doin up? :)

From: Tate <3
Couldn’t sleep. You?

From: NIALL
Same, I miss you :(

From: Tate <3
Miss you too! Hospital’s are extremely boring!


I sat there and waited a while for his reply. After not getting one I decided he must have fallen asleep. I sighed and put my phone down thinking I should probably do the same.

The moment my light turned off someone opened my door. Surprised I turned the light back on to see Niall sitting in a wheelchair in my doorway.

“What are you doing?” I hissed at him surprise making sure to keep my voice down. “You’re supposed to be resting in bed!”

“I wanted to see you. And you said you were bored,” He explained simply throwing a goofy smile my way.

“Go back to bed Niall!” I said sternly glaring at the boys as he wheeled himself in and shut the door. As he wheeled himself over I could tell the arm motions were hurting his frail body.

“Niall,” I whined.

“Shush love, I’m here so unless you want me to go back and cause myself more pain...” He trailed off as he smirked at me. I just rolled my eyes at him.

“I better not get in trouble for this when they find out,” I mock glared at him.

“Glad I’m high on your priorities,” He scoffed before smiling and grabbing my hand placing a delicate kiss on it. I smiled at him and reached my hand forward to caress the side of his cheek before running it through his hair softly.

“I love you,” He whispered to me, eyes never leaving mine.

“I love you to Ni,” I whispered back gently smiling at him.

“So what do you want to do?” Niall asked clapping his hands together and glancing around the room for inspiration. I laughed.

“We’re in a hospital. There isn’t much to do.” I commented back to him. He reached over and grabbed a pen and pad from the table next to me.

“Let’s play hangman,” He announced happily placing the pad and pen on the bed and settling himself better in the chair. I laughed at him but settled myself better as well and we began to play the game, I was guessing first.

We played the game for a long time neither of us getting tired as we tried to keep out talking and laughter as quiet as we could.

“There’s something we need to talk about,” Niall said suddenly as I drew the letter A into the spaces it was meant to go while Niall tried to guess his own names.

“Hmm?”

“About the world tour me and the boys have to go on in 3 months.” He said softly. I looked away from the paper up to him.

“Oh, right.”

“Were going to be gone for a whole year...” he trailed off.

“Are you breaking up with me?” I started to ask panicked.

“What? No! Of course not! It’s just well we’ve been together for three months and well two months of that you were away on tour and then in another three months I’m going to be gone for a better part of a year. We haven’t exactly had a face to face relationship right now.”

“So we have a long distance one. I don’t care that you’re going to be gone for a year. I’m still going to visit you every chance I get and we will talk every chance we get. After everything, I’m not losing you,” I said sternly.

We sat there for a moment in silence before he smiled and reached up to peck my lips.

There was a cough from the door breaking us a part though. We both turned to the stern nurse glaring at both of us.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed?” She said sternly to Niall, “And you both should be sleeping, you recovering from getting shot for God’s sake!”

Niall and I both chuckled lightly as she came forward and pulled his wheelchair away from the bed. He shot me a large smile before she left the room shooting me a disapproving look before shutting the door. I sighed and got comfortable before turning my light off and finally falling into a well needed sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's only small and a filler, but well I needed to just have a bit of cutesy romance before the rest of the drama to come, I was getting a bit depressed writing Harry and Skye's drama. So Niall and Tate was the best medicine!! :)

By the way there are 10 chapters to go!

xx