‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

51

Skye

I sat on the couch staring at the TV as the music channel played hit after hit. I wasn’t really watching intently as I waited for Harry to finish making breakfast.

“I’m going to Eleanor’s,” Louis announced walking out of his room fully dressed dangling Eleanor’s keys in his hand. He had to take her car back after I borrowed it last night to come here. I watched him leave before resting my head on my arms. My body and mind was still exhausted, I had gotten absolutely no sleep last night.

I felt the couch shift and I glanced up to see Harry placing two plates of pancakes down on the coffee table in front of us.

“Where are your parents?” I asked softly.

“They went out for the day,” He said back just as softly. It was like neither of us wanted to speak too loud, like we would break something if we did.

I just nodded at him before reaching forward to start eating the pancakes. We both sat there in silence and watched the TV, we were sitting on opposite ends of the couch and I could feel my bodies need to be near his, to be touching his in anyway. I resisted the urge to stretch my legs out so they would at least touch his.

Harry finished his breakfast and he placed the plate back on the coffee table before settling back in his seat. I couldn’t stomach anymore so I placed the plate down with still half my meal left on it. I could feel Harry’s eyes on me. I wanted to speak but I just didn’t know what to say.

He sighed before standing up and taking both our plates back to the kitchen. I closed my eyes in frustration tugging on my hair roughly before following him in there.

He ignored me and continued to wash up, his back to me.

“Harry,” I said softly. He continued what he was doing showing no sign that he heard me.

“Harry,” I said again stepping closer.

“Yeah,” He responded not looking at me and not stopping what he was doing.

“Harry can you just stop for a minute,” I said getting frustrated that he wouldn’t look at me. He paused before placing the dish back into the water and drying his hands. He turned around to look at me as he leant against the counter.

“I think you should go home,” He said suddenly. I took a step back. I felt like I had just been slapped in the face.

“I am home,” I mumbled out unsure.

“I mean back to Australia. I think you should go back home to Australia,” He said not meeting my eyes.

“Are you kicking me out?” I asked incredulous.

“No, I just think you should go back,” He said moving from the counter and walking past me into our bedroom. I followed behind him blindly and numb.

“Are you breaking up with me?” I squeaked out my voice betraying the amount of pain I was feeling. I saw his body stiffen as he turned to look at me. I looked back at him as tears clouded my eyes.

“You will be safer there,” He said to me softly, avoiding the question.

“What do you mean?” I whispered back, I could feel my heart thumping in my throat, it was hurting. My lungs were constricting slightly as it was getting harder to breathe.

“You will be safer in Australia away from me,” He said sternly staring directly at me.

“Why are you doing this? Is it because I said I didn’t trust you? I didn’t mean that, I do trust you! I was just being stupid,” I said quickly walking towards him. He took a step back, making me stop in my tracks.

“You were hit by a car and shot at while you were here with me.”

“You promised me you wouldn’t leave me Harry. You PROMISED!” I glared at him accusingly. We stayed in silence for a moment staring at each other waiting for the other to make the first move. Harry went first.

“I’m sending you back to Australia because you will be safer there, without me.” He said gruffly. I could feel the anger in my system instantly rise up.

“YOU cannot send me anywhere! Who do you think you are? That you can just send me back! I’m not something you own Harry! I am your girlfriend! I am the one you love and you will treat me as such.” I yelled at him. He glowered back at me.

“Don’t fight me on this one,” He said.

“Oh I definitely am! You are not sending me anywhere because I’m not a child Harry! I chose to come here. I chose to be your girlfriend. And I am choosing to stay after everything that has happened! So don’t stand there and act all high and mighty...” I was cut off suddenly as Harry exploded in front of me.

“YOU DON’T GET IT! I’m trying to protect you! I want you to be safe and you are not safe with me! So you are going back to Australia where you were safe before you met me!”

“I was safe there was I? Do you remember a certain girl hitting ex boyfriend of mine that you saved me from. You saved me from myself Harry when I was too scared to love or trust anyone else! You’ve saved me enough Harry and I’m sick of you having to save me all the time. It’s sweet but I’m not some damsel in distress that needs to be saved by her prince charming. I’m strong and I can bloody well save myself! You’re tired and you’re scared but you’re always trying to make sure I’m okay. Well I am okay Harry. I’m okay! You are the one who’s not!”

He sighed and hunched forward slightly running a hand aggressively through his own hair.

“I never get to win with you do I?” he muttered.

“Nope,” I said smiling softly at him. “You’re exhausting yourself Harry and I haven’t made it any easier.”

“I thought you were going to leave me,” He mumbled quietly. I sighed and moved forward reaching my hand out to touch his arm.

“I’m sorry for doubting our relationship. I was just scared. But Harry you need to know that I can’t leave. I don’t think I can ever leave you. It’s going to be hard while you’re gone but I don’t care, were going to do it anyway. And I’m sorry in advance for being a horrible girlfriend because I know there are times that I’m going to think about leaving. But you have to remember that I won’t. I won’t leave you. It hurts me too much the thought of not being with you.”

I reached and pressed my lips to his urgently. His lips eagerly kissed me back as his arms wrapped tightly around me pulling my body against his. He bent down and suddenly I was lifted into the air in his arms, not once breaking the kiss. He walked towards the bed lightly placing me down onto it before beginning to nip at my collarbone.

“I love you,” I breathed out trying to keep back the moans.

I felt my heart swell as he murmured the same words back to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear this is the end of the Harry and Skye drama in this story! The rest of this story shall be happy, until their goodbye :(

xx