‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

52

Tate

“You two obviously kissed and made up,” Niall noted as Harry and Skye walked into his hospital room, hand in hand, smiling largely.

“Sex and made up is more likely in their cases,” Louis commented from his seat next to me. I laughed as Skye went a fair few noticeable shades redder before walking over and smacking Louis over the head.

“How are you two?” She then asked kissing Niall on the cheek and hugging me.

“Much better,” I smiled up at her.

“You should ask what she and Niall got up to last night,” Louis smirked.

“We didn’t get up to anything,” Niall said for the hundredth time to Louis, rolling his eyes.

“They were caught sneaking out into each other’s room. Looks like you guys weren’t the only one’s getting lucky last night,” Louis said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at Niall and me.

At the same time both Skye and I smacked him, I on the arm and Skye across his head. He cursed and rubbed his head while pouting at us.

“God, where’s Eleanor she can usually handle you,” Skye commented. Louis scoffed, looking offended.
“She does not handle me thank you very much! I’m a grown man,” He stated puffing out is chest.

“You don’t act like it,” I commented dryly, smirking at him as his chest slowly deflated and he shot me a glare.

“Why are we friends with you,” Zayn groaned to Louis rolling his eyes at his antics.

“You have to be, part of the job description.” Louis replied smugly.

“Yeah well Tate and I aren’t in that job description,” Skye winked down at him as he pouted. Laughing she went and sat on Harry on the other side of the room. I watched as his arms automatically linked themselves around her waist and he placed a quick kiss to her shoulder before focusing on everyone else. Skye had a slight smile playing across her face.

I remembered the time when I used to wish for a romance that they both shared. Even after it no longer seemed so perfect and I saw the difficulties they had I still wished to love and be loved like they were.

I tightened my hold around Niall’s hand as I turned to face him as he laughed loudly at something Zayn said in retort to Louis. I smiled at him happily when I realised that I didn’t find a romance that they had. But I found something that suited me better. I found a boy who loved every part of me and was willing to take a bullet for me, literally.

“I’m hungry,” groaned the certain boy I was completely in love with. I laughed lightly earning a grin from him.

“Did someone say hungry?” Danielle asked walking in with Liam, both carrying bags of Nando’s food.

“I love you,” Niall announced happily reaching his hand out for the bag Dani was swinging in front of him. I nudged Niall and pouted at him.

“She brought me food,” He shrugged. I gasped at him until he started to laugh.

“I’m joking,” He said reaching forward to kiss my lips quickly.

“You better be,” I mock glared at him.

“Yeah, you better be,” Liam said trying to hide his smile while wrapping an arm around Danielle in a protective way making us laugh.

In about five minutes Niall had finished his food and was eyeing off my chips. Rolling my eyes I ignored him and grabbed a drink.

“Are you going to finish them?” Niall asked, not looking at me but the food. I snorted.

“Aren’t you just sweet,” I laughed handing my chips over.

“I love you,” He mumbled through stuffing the chips into his mouth.

“Aww,” Louis cooed from beside me making kissing motions. I smacked the back of his head.

“Seriously,” he groaned at me rubbing the back of his head. Skye laughed and clapped from the other side of the room. We all stared at her curiously.

“Was the clapping necessary?” Harry asked his girlfriend.

“Oh shut up. I couldn’t high five her from him so I thought I would applaud her.” She reasoned poking her tongue at him which he quickly grabbed with good reflexes. Skye squealed and snapped her tongue back.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortable as I realised that I needed to pee. Wincing slightly as I moved, I stood up to go. Niall’s head immediately snapped to my direction.

“Bathroom,” I explained to him.

“Skye can you help Tate in the bathroom. She can’t go by herself, needs someone to help her sit.” Niall said turning to Skye as my cheeks flushed dark red.

“Niall,” I hissed at him. “I’m fine!”

“No, not it’s fine really! I’ll be glad to come!” She said quickly standing up. Louis snorted at her and I raised my hand at him.

“Okay, okay. I’ll shut up,” He said covering his head with his hands. I laughed as Skye and I left the room and headed to my room to use the toilet.

“Okay how do you want to do this?” Skye asked standing next to me awkwardly. I laughed at her.

“Well I need you to pull my pants down and then hold my arm so I have something to lean on while I sit,” I said laughing at her face.

“Couldn’t you have at least asked me on a date first Tate, geez,” she muttered before pulling my pants down. Luckily my top was long enough to cover my private area enough. And anyway we were both girls.

“Did Harry ask you on a date before you pulled his pants off?” I asked innocently making her laugh.

“Yes actually he did,” She smiled, I could tell she was thinking back. She then led me over to the toilet as I used her arm for support. She then backed away and sat up on the counter next to the seat as I peed.

“Where did you go on your first date?” I asked curiously wanting to hide the sounds of my peeing.

“Uh well he took me out to this romantic restaurant that was done up with all these lights. He then took me for a walk through this park near his family’s home. And at the top was a beautiful lookout. We just stayed up there for ages just chatting. It was pretty perfect,” I watched her as she spoke a large smile sliding across her face.

“Sometimes you forget the good stuff and just think of the bad huh?” I asked her as I quickly finished what I had to do and stood up. Skye jumped up and quickly helped me pull my pants back up, both of us trying not to laugh.

“After all the bad stuff that’s happened to all of us these last couple of months, who can really blame us for forgetting the good.” She said softly as I walked over to wash my hands. I glanced at her through the mirror to see tears forming in her eyes.

“I’m so sorry Tate. I feel like you getting shot was my fault. If I hadn’t walked near you or something, you wouldn’t have been hit. Neither you or Niall would be.” She sniffled.

“No but you would be hurt. Or someone else would have been. So don’t apologise this is not your fault. You didn’t do anything to deserve this!” I said sternly walking over and pulled her into a hug. She sniffled slightly into my shoulder. I felt bad for her, I could tell that this had been eating away at her for a while.

“You’re a good friend and Niall really loves you,” she said to me softly wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. I smiled at her.

“I love him too and you! You’re like a sister to me now,” I said to her softly pulling her in for another hug. This time she squeezed me back but not too tight that I might get hurt.

“We should head back to the others,” she said pulling away. I nodded and waited for her to wash her face before we headed back to the others. Skye linked our arms together at the elbow.

“You’re like a sister to me as well,” She said smiling at me. I smiled back largely as we entered Niall’s room. I let go of Skye and instantly made my way back over to Niall’s bed to take my seat that was there. Niall smiled up at me in greeting. I winked back. I glanced over towards Skye and Harry to see them talking quietly. Harry looked worried and I knew he could probably tell that Skye had been crying. I watched as she shook her head at him and placed a quick kiss on his lips before settling down on his lap so he could wrap his arms around her. I smiled at her before settling down into my chair with the help of Louis.

“If I knew how many people would be here I would have called and booked time with my son earlier,” A woman’s voice came from the door. We all turned to see Niall’s mum standing in the doorway, his dad, stepdad and brother were also there.

My stomach did a flip and clenched tightly as I saw his family enter the room. I hadn’t met Niall’s family yet as every time they were here I seemed to be busy with tests or sleeping. I hadn’t minded so far because the thought of meeting Niall’s family scared the crap out of me. I mean their son is hurt because he moved in front of a bullet to stop it from getting to me. They would have to have some resentment to me, right?

Everyone instantly stood up and greeted Niall’s family before leaving the room one by one calling out goodbye’s to Niall. My eyes widened slightly as I wasn’t sure what to do. Niall’s mum walked over and placed a kiss on his head. My eyes widened frantically when I realised that Louis had left and so had everyone else so I had to struggle out of my chair by myself.

I clenched my teeth together ready for the pain as I began to push myself up.

“What are you doing?” Came Niall’s stern voice, making everyone turn to look at me. My face flooded red in embarrassment, not knowing what to do. “You know you’re not allowed to get up and down without help,”

“Oh honey, please don’t leave by our account,” Niall’s mum said quickly walking over and gently pushing me back into the chair. I glanced up into her eyes that matched her son’s.

“You must be Tate,” Niall’s brother said walking forward offering his hand out. “I’m Greg,”

I smiled and shook his hand. Niall’s dad then introduced himself as Bobby and his stepdad Chris.

“And I’m Niall’s mum but you can just call me Maura.” She said smiling down at me. I smiled back up at her feeling the tension in my stomach ease slightly. I looked over at Niall to see him smiling at me while Greg was trying to talk to him.

“So how are you feeling?” Bobby asked me taking the seat next to me.

“A lot better actually. I’ve been able to walk around a lot more lately.” I told him honestly. He nodded happily.

“We talked to your parents briefly. We should all get together when you two are better and have lunch or something,” Maura said to me. I smiled at her.

“I think they would love that,” I said truthfully. I could see Niall grinning largely from out of the corner of my eye but I ignored it. I spent the next couple of hours spending time talking with Niall’s family before visiting hours were finally over.

“Oi, Greg can you help her to her room,” Niall said nodding in my direction. Greg agreed and I rolled my eyes at Niall’s protectiveness. Chris helped me stand up as I walked over to the bed to give Niall a quick kiss.

“I’ll call you,” he said softly into my ear. I laughed softly before walking out the door with Greg by my side. We stayed quiet mostly as he helped me into my bed. He even tucked me in.

“Thank you,” I said smiling at him. He smiled back.

“Niall really loves you,” He said to me gently. I smiled as this was the second time today that I had been told that.

“I really love him too,”

“Good, just checking. You seem like a lovely girl and I’m glad Niall’s found someone,” He said then shocked me by pressing a quick kiss to my forehead and smiled leaving the room. I smiled back and waved, slightly touched by his easy show of affection.

My phone started to ring and a large grin spread across my face as I quickly answered it.

“My family is completely in love with you.” Niall’s voice came through my phone the moment I answered it. I smiled largely as the feeling of elation swept throughout my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
8 more chapters to go!! To make up for all the drama you have a whole load of cuteness coming your way!!! Before the goodbye :(

xx