Status: Okay, I'm back, hopefully this is better than my previous attempt at a sequel...

Disenchanted

Chapter Fourteen

This is the SECOND update today! If you are just tuning in, read chapter THIRTEEN first! Thank you all, and happy reading! xx


Alicia and I stayed for another hour or so, chatting idly and reconnecting before we decided it was time to split. We bumped fists and laughed, then she took off in her car. I waited for Alex to come down the slide before telling him it was time to go.
I opened the door for him and took his hand, but then I felt the hairs on the back of my neck prickle and I turned around to see what was behind me.
“What’s wrong Mommy?” Alex asked.
I searched to see if I could see anyone who looked out of place, but all I saw were families chatting and I shook my head. I was overreacting.
“Nothing honey, I just thought I heard someone,” I said to Alex, dismissing my paranoia.
“Oh... Guess what Mommy!” Alex said excitedly.
“What? What?” I asked, excitedly with a smile on my face.
“I made a friend! And together we fought pirates and rescued people!” he exclaimed.
My smile automatically grew into a grin as we walked to the car.
“Is that right? You are so brave!” I praised him.
Alex puffed out his chest and put his chin up. His blonde hair glimmered in the sunlight and his hazel eyes looked more green in the light and for a moment he was a spitting image of Aaron and I nearly tripped over.
“Mommy?” he asked.
“I’m okay, I just tripped, that’s all,” I laughed.
Alex let out a small peal of laughter and I unlocked the car and buckled him in.
“Silly Mommy,” he giggled.
I looked at him and then made a goofy face at him.
“I dunno what you’re talking about!” I laughed.
I stepped into the driver’s seat and started the car before pulling out and making my way back home.

When we arrived I saw Will’s car laden full of boxes and Bob walking in with a box in his arms.
“What’s going on?” Alex asked, peering out of the window.
“Uncle Will is moving in today,” I explained to him and I saw his face light up.
“YAY!” he cried.
I opened his door for him and he unbuckled himself and threw himself out the door, running straight for Will, who had just walked outside.
“Uncle Will! You’re gonna live with us?!” Alex cried happily.
Will bent down and grabbed Alex tossing him into the air and catching, causing Alex to scream with laughter.
“Sure am, buddy,” Will grinned.
I smiled as I leant against my car, watching them. Will was so good with Alex, he was a complete natural with him. Will then tossed Alex over his shoulder and tickled him behind his knee while walking over to me.
“Ma’am I do believe I have something that belongs to you,” Will said, with a massive grin.
“It’s okay, you can keep him for a bit,” I teased.
Will poked his tongue out at me and I laughed, holding out my arms for Alex. Will then shrugged Alex back over, holding onto his legs, and caught his back with his other hand and held him out for me like he was a baby. I smiled and took Alex from him, setting him down on his feet again.
“Do it again, Uncle Will!” Alex begged.
Will and I both chuckled as Will ruffled his hair.
“Sorry buddy but I’ve gotta get back to hauling boxes,” Will declined.
Alex pouted.
“Next time, buddy, I promise,” Will compromised and Alex smiled and nodded.
“Okay munchkin, time to get you inside for your nap,” I said, placing my hand on his back to guide him.
Alex pouted again.
“Don’t wanna nap…” he grumbled.
“I don’t care,” I replied cheerfully to him as we walked in.
“But Mommyyyy! I wanna play with Uncle Will!” he whined.
“You can do that after your nap. C’mon, I’ll even lay with you for a bit,” I compromised.
He sighed loudly and I shook my head.
“God, it must be so tough to be a kid,” Bob teased, hearing Alex’s sigh.
I just rolled my eyes.
“Tell me about it,” I replied.

We walked upstairs and I climbed into Alex’s bed, Alex following.
“Just try to sleep, honey,” I murmured softly, gently running my fingers along his back.
I let out a yawn and I heard Alex mumble softly.
“Shh,” I murmured.
I waited patiently and before long Alex was asleep, but now I was feeling sleepy so I decided to get a quick nap in. I shut my eyes and within minutes I was fast asleep.

I woke up in a start as I realised Alex wasn’t beside me.
“Alex?” I called out.
I blinked and rubbed my eyes and checked the clock. It was nearly five, I had been asleep for a good three hours or so.
“Alex?” I called out again.
I stood up and walked out of his room, down the stairs to the living room to see Alex watching Thomas the Tank Engine while Will wrote in a journal. I looked outside and saw Bob’s car gone.
“Morning, Sleeping Beauty,” Will teased, looking up from his journal.
I looked at him blankly.
“Huh?” I blurted.
He just chuckled.
“Coffee’s in the maker. I just brewed myself a cup, so it’s still hot,” Will assured me.
I gave him a smile.
“You sure know the way to a girl’s heart,” I grumbled, moving into the kitchen.
I poured myself a cup and greedily slurped it up. I pulled my phone out and texted Mikey.
What’s cracking?
NM. HBU?
Just woke up from a nap. Feel worse than I did before, lol
LOL. WT R UR plans 4 2nit?
Nothing. Have Alex so I can’t do anything.
UR boring. Alicia nd I R cmin ova. Movie nite.
OK. See you soon.

I leaned back against the counter and began to think about what to cook for dinner. With Will, Alex, Mikey and Alicia being here that would make five of us, plus I wasn’t sure if Bob was going to be here for dinner or not. I decided to err on the side of caution and make a big pasta, that way there would be plenty for everyone.
I turned on the radio and began to sing and dance along as I started making dinner.
“Want a hand?”
I looked up and saw Will in the doorway.
“Uh, sure. Why not?” I answered him with a smile.
“What do you need me to do?” he asked.
“I need you to chop that steak into bits for me and throw it in the pan, to brown it. Then add in that tin of crushed tomatoes. Then add in some bay leaves and give it a pinch of salt. Next is the thyme and basil. Now, you want to break the basil as opposed to cut it, it releases the flavour better that way,” I explained, grabbing everything out for him.
Will nodded and started chopping up the chuck steak for me. I pulled out some minced meat and began to break it up into little bits, setting it aside. I then grabbed some onions, but before I peeled them I grabbed a stick of gum and offered a piece to Will.
“Want a piece?” I asked.
He looked at me quizzically.
“No thanks, I’m okay,” he declined.
“It’ll stop you from crying,” I persisted.
He looked at me doubtfully and shook his head.
“It’s to do with chemicals. A stick of gum can’t stop that,” he said doubtfully.
I shrugged.
“Suit yourself,” I sang, putting the gum back.
I chewed as I peeled the onions and started to slice them up, next to Will, humming to the song on the radio.
Moments later I heard sniffling and I looked up to see tears streaming down Will’s face.
I laughed as he glared at me.
“It’s okay, Will, I’m here for you,” I cooed, rubbing his back gently.
If looks could kill, I would be dead. I purposely smacked my gum.
“Shoulda listened to me, I know what I’m doing when it comes to cooking,” I teased.
“Whatever,” he grumbled, turning back to the meat.
I snorted and went back to cutting the onions. Once I was done I heated up the pan and added a little bit of olive oil and threw in the onions. I let them brown as I waited for Will to finish with the meat. When he was done I threw them in the pan and waited for them to brown, before Will added the crushed tomatoes. I folded everything in and Will added all the extras.
“Can you stir this please, just every now and then, we mostly want to let it simmer so that all the blood from the meat and the tomato flavour penetrates. Stirring too much will interrupt that process,” I explained.
Will nodded and I grabbed out some minced garlic, butter, and a long baguette. I cut pieces of butter off and threw it into a microwaveable bowl and nuked it for 20 seconds. While the butter was being softened I cut the baguette vertically, along its length. I pulled the butter from the microwave and added about two full teaspoons worth of garlic and mashed it all together.
“Wow, are you actually making garlic bread?” Will asked in surprise.
“Of course, it’s the only way to have it,” I commented.
“I think we’re being spoiled tonight… A proper home made meal…” Will remarked.
I gave him a smile.
“Go hard or go home,” I smirked.
He grinned.

A knock at the door interrupted us and I washed my hands before walking out. I opened the door and I saw Mikey and Alicia before me.
“Hey! Come in! I’m just getting dinner sorted, it’ll only be another fifteen minutes or so,” I greeted them.
“Yeah… Um… We um…” Mikey started and looked to Alicia.
She just shrugged.
“I told you not to do it, so don’t look to me for help,” Alicia shot back.
Alicia was clearly unimpressed. I gave them a confused look.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
Mikey looked at me with a pleading look and Alicia just raised her eyebrow at him and Mikey stepped away to reveal Gerard behind them. I pressed my lips together, and my expression hardened.

“Hello, Gerard,” I said curtly.
He rolled his bloodshot eyes.
“Hi, Bells, how’ve you been?” he responded mockingly.
I narrowed my eyes at him and turned my glare to Mikey.
“Look, Gerard has something he wants to say to you and I thought tonight would be a good night for you and him to settle your differences,” Mikey said nervously.
I thought of Alex in the living room and of Gerard’s foul temper and language and I crossed my arms. I didn’t want Gerard anywhere near Alex.
“Well you thought wrong. Gerard, I’m sorry, but tonight is not a good night,” I said, turning to him and trying to remain polite.
He snorted.
“You’re not fucking sorry, it’s not like I fucking care anyway. I didn’t want to come to this fucking shithole anyway,” he spat back.
“Watch your language,” I immediately reprimanded him.
I didn’t want Alex to overhear and suddenly pick something up.
Gerard’s eyebrows shot up to his hairline as he laughed.
“Fuck you, bitch. I’ll fucking say whatever I fucking want, and you have no fucking say over that,” he snarled.
I looked at Mikey.
“Take him back, he is not welcome here,” I growled.
Mikey glared at Gerard.
“You always screw things up, don’t you?” he hissed.
I looked at him in shock as did Gerard and Alicia.
“You taking that fucking slut’s side? I’m your fucking brother!” Gerard yelled.
I brushed off all his insults, I just looked inside to make sure Alex wasn’t overhearing anything. When I looked back Gerard was glaring hatefully at me.
“You’re a fucking poison!” he hissed.
“Why?” I demanded, sticking my hands on my hips.
“You fucking turn everyone against me! We were all fucking okay until fucking you came along!” he yelled.

He took a big step towards me and I challenged him, standing my ground and raising my chin to look him in the eyes.
“I did nothing Gerard! I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I hissed back at him.
“You’ve fucking changed every-fucking-thing! Nothing is the fucking same anymore! And I fucking hate you!” he sneered at me.
I rolled my eyes.
“I couldn’t care less about how you feel towards me. I just want you to get the hell off my property,” I snarled back at him.
“Aw, you got a date back there? Did I interrupt a fuck-session?” he spat.
I glared at him, my blood pressure was rising and I had to fight the urge to punch him.
“Mommy?”

My face drained of blood and I saw Gerard’s face change into disbelief.
I turned behind me to see Alex looking at everyone.
“Hiya Alicia, hi Mikey,” Alex greeted with a smile.
“Hey darling,” Alicia smiled at him.
“Hey champ,” Mikey replied.
Gerard just stared at Alex like he was an alien life form.
“The fuck is that?” he asked in shock.
I clamped my hands around Alex’s ears and glowered at Gerard.
“No one who concerns you. Now go away, please,” I forced out.
Gerard made no indication of moving, just stared at Alex.
“Hi,” Alex greeted Gerard, with his award winning smile.
Gerard didn’t respond and looked back at me.
“You are a fucking whore,” he breathed.
I gritted my teeth and turned to Alex, removing my hands from his ears.
“Honey, Mommy’s a bit busy at the moment. Can you go get Uncle Will from the kitchen? Tell him Mikey and Alicia are but I’m dealing with an unwanted surprise?” I asked him.
He nodded.
“Okay, Mommy,” he agreed and walked off to the kitchen.

I sighed and turned back to everyone.
“Mikey and Alicia, please come in. Gerard, I need you to leave,” I instructed.
“How come they can go in?” Gerard demanded.
“Because you are an ignorant, arrogant, foul mouthed, foul tempered bastard and I don’t want you anywhere near my son,” I snapped at him.
He looked at me in shock.
“Fuck you, slut. Couldn’t even keep your goddamn legs closed!” he spat back at me.
That was the last straw.

I shoved him, hard, and he stumbled back, his arms pinwheeling so he didn't fall over.
“YOU DON’T KNOW A GODDAMN THING ABOUT ME OR MY GODDAMN LIFE!” I shouted at him.
Alicia and Mikey looked like two deer caught in headlights.
“He—”
“You ARE NOT WELCOME!” I cut Gerard off.
He glowered and I saw his hands tighten into fists, but I didn’t care.
“Touch me, I DARE you!” I growled at him.
“Bella, stop!” Will warned, from behind me.
I glared at Gerard and he glared back before I shook my head and snorted in derision at him.
“You’re not worth my goddamn time.”
I turned back and I heard Gerard pipe up from behind me.
“That’s right, go back to your fucking man you little fucking whore, make more fucking little terrorists!” he shouted.
I whirled around backhanded him as hard as I could.
“Don’t you ever speak about my son like that again. If you do I will kill you,” I threatened him.
I could see the hate glittering in those blood shot, dilated eyes. His thin chapped lips pressed together in a hard line and his cheek was starting to flare up a bright red; a stark contrast to his pasty white skin.
“Whatever,” he spat back and turned away.
I let out a deep breath and my whole body deflated.
“Well, that was exciting…” I muttered, walking back in.

“You okay?” Will asked, standing in my doorway.
After the fight, Alicia, Mikey, Will and I had continued on with our night as planned and had dinner before watching The Breakfast Club and Fight Club followed by The Lost Boys. After that Alicia and Mikey said they were tired so they were going to head off. I was now relaxing in bed.
“Yeah, Just wasn’t expecting Gerard to turn up like that,” I answered.
Will came in and sat at the foot of my bed.
“I don’t know what they were thinking…” Will grumbled.
I shrugged.
“They did have good intentions. Gerard and I were once something special, I guess with me back in their life they want to rectify that. At least to make us friends,” I assumed.
“You and Gerard?” Will asked in surprise.
I smiled wistfully.
“He wasn’t like this when I knew him. Totally different, a bit like you, actually. Lovely and caring. Always wanted to do right by me. He saved my life. Literally. I guess eight years is too much…” I sighed.
“I’m sorry everything changed,” Will murmured.
“I’m not. If nothing had changed I would still be in New Jersey, probably still slaving under those monsters. And I wouldn’t have had anyone. I wouldn’t have met Bob, or you… I would never have had Alex, and I can’t imagine life without him,” I admitted.
Will looked at me and gave me a smile.
“Thanks for checking up on me and for not letting me beat the crap out of Gerard,” I laughed.
Will chuckled.
“Any time. I’ll let you get some sleep now. Night,” Will said, standing up.
“Night Will. See you tomorrow,” I murmured, rolling over.
I shut my eyes and sleep took a hold of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
More arguments :/ Seems like it's not going to happen for Bells and Gerard this time 'round...

I just noticed I have more subscribers! Thank you! Thank you to each and every one of you! ^_^ <3