Status: Okay, I'm back, hopefully this is better than my previous attempt at a sequel...

Disenchanted

Chapter Nine

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. After eight long years Gerard Way was actually standing in front of me. He was tall and had slimmed out since high school, but he was mostly the same. His hair was still long and shaggy, he still had that etheral looking pale skin and his eyes were still a beautiful hazel.
"Hey, hey, yeah, that's me," he replied looking down at me with a smile.
I positively beamed at the sound of his voice.
"Long time no see," I joked.
He studied me and his brows furrowed.
"Excuse me?" he asked.
"It's Bells. From Jersey," I introduced myself, smiling widely.
His eyes widened slightly and he took a step back and I watched as his eyes travelled my entire body before finishing on my face. For half a second he looked almost happy before a snarl took over his face.
"Fuck you," he spat viciously at me.
My mouth dropped and I looked at him affronted.
"What the fuck?" I burst out.
"You. You stay the fuck away from me you fucking bitch!" he growled at me, before trying to shove his way past me.
I glared at him, something I had perfected since becoming a mom, and stood with my arms crossed in his way.
"Gerard! What the fuck is your problem?! What the fuck did I do? I haven't fucking been here to fucking do anything!" I yelled at him.
"Everything is your fucking fault! Fucking everything! You are my fucking problem! You fucked everything up! So go off, be a fucking slut and leave me the fuck alone! I don't fucking need you and your fucking shit back in my life!" he snapped.
"Gee!" I said sharply.
He then put his face close to mine, I could smell the alcohol permeating from his breath and pores. His eyes were bloodshot and slightly glazed, but focused on me.
"Don't you fucking dare call me that. Only my friends can fucking call me that," he snarled at me.
He absolutely towered over me like this and I couldn't help but shrink back a bit, but I wasn't backing down.
"I was your friend once. I was more than your friend. Doesn't that mean anything?" I asked.
His eyes blazed.
"YOU FUCKING LEFT! YOU FUCKING LEFT ME!" he roared.
His hands were in large fists and he was looking at me with such hatred it staggered me.
"I didn't fucking want to! I was forced to!" I hissed right back at him.
"AND YOU NEVER CAME BACK! YOU NEVER ONCE CAME BACK FOR ME! So I know how much I actually fucking meant to you. I am fucking done with you and your pathetic life, so fuck you. Fuck off, I hope you get hit by a car," he snapped.
This time I got angry and I stood up and put my face closer to his.
"I fucking did go back for you! You were all that was fucking keeping me together! I went back and you were fucking gone! Not a single fucking trace! So don't you fucking dare say you meant nothing to me! You meant fucking EVERYTHING to me! Why didn't you try to find me? Huh? Did I mean fucking nothing to you?!" I ended up screaming at him, and giving him a shove.
I regretted it immediately and knew instantly that doing that was a mistake as his lips pressed together. He grabbed my upper arms in a vise-like grip. He pushed me backward and my back collided hard with the side of the fridge.
"Don't you even go there. I tried everything to get to you," he said quietly.
Somehow that was even scarier than him yelling at me.
"Evidently not," I threw back at him.
"Well then, I guess those girls I was fucking were just good enough to make me forget about you," Gerard sneered.
I felt a small tear fall as my heart took a hit.
"W-what?" I asked.
Gerard just threw his head back and laughed. He pulled me forward a bit and then pushed me back, so that I stumbled slightly back into the fridge I was just pressed against.
"You're fucking pathetic. But yes, the whole time I was looking for you I was fucking these gorgeous, New York girls. One time spent with them was three times better than any time spent with you," Gerard spat.
I felt crushed and tried to force the tears back but I couldn't.
"Go ahead, cry, just like old times," he sneered.
"Except now you're the monster," I whispered.
"Oh, go cry me a fucking river and then drown in it," he snarled before he turned on his heel and left.
I slid down the side of the fridge and cried. I wrapped my arms around my knees and just let the tears fall.

"Hey, Bella, I've been looking everywhere for you!" I heard William's voice from the doorway.
I looked up and William's face changed to shock and concern.
"Bella, hey, what happened?" he asked urgently as he knelt down to me.
I thought of everything Gerard had just said to me and I looked down. I had meant absolutely nothing to him, everything I had felt for him was worthless. All that time with him had been nothing.
"Bella, hey, what happened, you can tell me, I won't tell anyone," Will tried to soothe me.
A small whimper let out from my throat and he started to pull me up but then he stopped.
"Bella. What the fuck are those bruises on your arms?" he demanded.
I looked up at him confused and then down at my arms in shock. Gerard had bruised me. He had hurt me. For some reason that made me feel worse than anything he said and I started to cry harder. I threw my arms around Will and he drew me in close.
"Shh, it's okay, I'm here for you," he soothed, running his hand over my arms softly.
"I-I-I," I choked out.
"It's okay, we'll talk about it later," he hushed me.
But I wanted to tell him, I wanted someone to understand, that I wasn't just being pathetic for no reason.
"I-I-I ran i-into... G-Ger-Gerard," I hiccuped out.
I felt William stiffen slightly.
"W-we had a-a-an a-ar-argument," I whimpered out and I pulled away to look at him.
"I-I mean... I m-meant n-nothing to h-h-him. The wh-whole t-t-time!" I cried.
William looked at me and I could see fury rising in his eyes as much as I could see the sympathy for me.
"Bella, he is nothing but an utter asshole. You are beautiful and precious and he is just a fucking dick. Don't you let him bring you down. Don't let him get to you. You're better than that, better than him," Will said quietly but firmly.
I looked up at him and he smiled.
"If he could see a fraction of what I see then he would know that," Will murmured.
I gave him a small smile and gave him a hug.
"Thank you William, you're the best friend I've got," I mumbled into his chest.
"Now, you go out there and prove to him that he can not get to you. Even if it is only for fifteen minutes," Will encouraged.
I laughed and gestured to my face.
"I think I need to clean myself up first though. I can feel the makeup running down my face," I laughed, and hiccuped slightly.
"I'll be waiting for you," he reassured.

I emerged from the bathroom with my face newly redone and I saw William talking with Mikey, Frank, Sisky, Bert and Gerard. He had knowingly surrounded me with people that loved me but not Bob who would instantly know something's wrong.
"Hey Will, how's it hanging?" I asked casually, joining the group.
"Not too badly. We were just discussing touring," he explained, bringing me into the loop.
"Yeah! We heard our album might be released soon! I'm fucking excited!" Sisky exclaimed.
"That's awesome! I'm so happy for you guys, My Chemical Romance released one not long ago, am I right?" I asked.
"You should know, considering we were talking about it all last night!" Frank laughed.
I could see that Gerard was staying stubbornly silent.
"True, true. Anyhow, I actually had a bit of a listen and the music sounds absolutely fab. I always knew you had the potential," I said honestly, turning to look at Gerard.
He rolled his eyes and muttered something about getting a drink and Bert followed. I sighed and shook my head.
"So, what happened to you then? You took off and we didn't see you for like a half hour," Mikey asked.
"Yeah, just got caught up with someone," I shrugged it off and Will gently slung his arm around my waist.
Mikey gave me a sly smile as he noticed.
"Yeah, I'm sure," he said teasingly sarcastic.
This time I was the one to roll my eyes.
"Believe what you want. It's not true," I retorted.
Mikey just laughed.
"I'm proud of you," Will murmured in my ear.
I gave him a smile.
"I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you," I replied honestly.
He gave me a smile and his hand squeezed slightly before he pulled it away.
"Bella, don't you have to get ready for work soon?" he asked.
I checked the time and nodded.
"Yeah, I'll have to leave in a half hour," I agreed.
"Well, thank you for coming guys, I know it means a lot to Bob and to me, by default--" I went to say more but I was cut off.
"Oh, gag me. Is Bob your boyfriend or something?" Gerard cut in.
I looked at him and raised my eyebrow as everyone else seemed to look at him disapprovingly.
"He's my brother you wanker," I retorted.
Gerard's eyes filled with surprise and I turned back to see shock in Mikey and Frank's eyes.
"Anyway, you guys are more than welcome to stay if you need," I finished.
I gave them all a smile and headed upstairs to get ready for work.
♠ ♠ ♠
/Sighs.
Poor Bells and Gerard. Mostly Bells. Gerard's a douche.
Anywho! Enjoy! :)

I would also like to put in that this had several different options for how it was going to go, but the one that made the most sense was this one, and I'd like to offer up my biggest thanks to xlookalivesunshinex for helping me to come to that realisation. This chapter is for you :)

xx