Sequel: On Your Side
Status: DONE!

If Only They Knew

End.

“you and Nick did the dirty?”

Sarah nodded sliding the box onto the backseat of Nick’s car “mhmm, then he said ‘I love you’.”

Jess widened her eyes “and you said?”

“well, he thought I was asleep.”

“ok, if he’d have said it actually to you rather than, like at you?”

Sarah didn’t answer, she just smiled at her feet as a blush filled her pale cheeks.

Jess squealed “oh my god, you love him.”

“maybe.”

“You have to tell him.”

The front door to the house opened, Lydia carrying one box, Nick with two “these are the last of the boxes, are you ready to go?” he asked as they were placed in the car.

Sarah glanced at her mom and Jess “I guess.”

Jess pulled Sarah into a hug “I’ll see you next month, ok?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you then.” Sarah nodded

Lydia pulled her forward, kissing her forehead “you’re all grown up. Look at you, my little girl!” she wrapped her arms tight round Sarah’s body “I can’t believe you’re going off to college!”

Sarah smiled “Mom, I’ll call you when we get there, ok? I’ll be at Tim’s.”

“at least I know you’re in safe hands.”

“You look after yourself, Mom. I’ll be back at Christmas.”

“bye bye, sweetie.”

“bye Mom.”

“Nick” Lydia called “drive safe, come visit when you’re back.”

He smiled “I will, bye.”

Jess shouted “and Nick, punch Eric.”

“I will, don’t worry.” He sat in the car, still laughing as Sarah was hugged again.

Once Sarah was released they headed off for the 44 hour drive cross country.

--------------------------------------------------------------

When the couple arrived at Tim‘s, dawn was barely breaking yet the dry heat of Arizona was ever present.

Tim was waiting on the front porch when they pulled onto his driveway, he ran straight down to the car and pulled Sarah’s door open “please tell me you did not make him drive the entire way?”

She rolled her eyes, getting out of the car “no I did not, he only let me drive for 3 hours. I tried to protest but he would not have it.” Tim laughed, pulling her into a hug.

Nick walked around the car and joined them “well, I like driving you places.” he smiled wrapping his arm around her shoulder and placing a kiss gently on her forehead.

“you two are sickeningly cute.” Tim sighed.

They looked at each other and in sync they screwed up their noses in fake disgust then burst into a fit of laughter.

Tim laughed too “exactly my point.” he glanced at his phone screen “well, kids as it’s 5am I’m going back to bed. Do whatever, eat whatever just be quiet. You’re in you old room Sarah, it’s exactly the same but it’s actually clean.”

“Thank you Timothy.” she smiled as he started up the steps to the front door

“oh, one last thing. No boning under my roof.” and then he was gone.

Nick smiled “I could use some sleep.” Sarah nodded in agreement.

They headed upstairs to the room that hadn’t been used in little over a year “so, why do you already have your own bedroom here?” Nick asked, pulling his girlfriend down onto the bed with him.

She laughed “well, anytime I went out with the guys and was likely to get drunk Tim would just bring me here and it eventually ended up being my personal space if the guys ever had parties here or whatever.”

Nick smiled “he really is like your big brother, isn’t he?”

“that he is.”

He wrapped his arms around the girls tiny waist and they fell asleep together.

-----------------------------------------------------

The door was flung open and next came “Was’sup, Was’up, party people in the hizzity house!”

Sarah groaned “I swear to god Halvo, if you don’t shut the hell up and get the fuck out of here right now I will kill you.”

He laughed “come on you lazy little shits, I’m sure you’re both worn out from making sweet, hot love but it’s 3pm.”

“TIM!” She shouted

He came seconds later “hello?”

“can you get rid of Eric?” she gave him an angelic smile

Tim laughed “I think you should catch up, we need to talk about you interning.”
“I hate you.” she muttered rolling from the bed.

Nick sat up to and Eric smiled “and we need to talk about Rocket!”

Sarah reached over and punched Halvo’s arm “that’s for waking me.”

He pouted “Jesus fucking Christ, dead arm.”

She gave him a smug smile then punched him again “that’s from Jess as you wouldn’t let her come to the studio.”

Tim and Nick were laughing as Eric groaned in pain “why the fuck did I ever teach you to punch?”

Tim and Sarah went downstairs to the kitchen, Tim poured her some coffee while she quickly text her mom that she was in Arizona and would call later because she’s talking work with Tim.

“basically, I figure it’ll be easier to teach you in the offices. I won’t know where they’ll be in the management course.”

Sarah sucked in her bottom lip “I’ve already paid in full for my first semester, we’ll see how that goes then maybe I’ll drop out.”

Tim nodded “sure. So, I was gonna take you in on Monday, show you around properly and stuff?”

“sounds good.” she said drinking from her coffee

“It’s good to have you back.”

Sarah smiled back “it’s good to be home.”

------------------------------------------------

For the first time in days, Sarah and Nick had a little time to themselves while Tim went out for groceries.

“So, I heard you talking to Tim the other day.”

Sarah was playing with his fingers again “yeah?”

“you spoke about maybe dropping out?”

“well, it all depends how relevant my course is to 8123.”

“isn’t the point in an internship to learn as you work, so you’ll be learning the relevant stuff there?”

“yeah but if it’s easier for Tim for me not to be at college then so be it.”

Nick frowned “so you’ve basically just moved back here then.”

She gulped “I’m happier here, Nick, my families here.”

“your mom’s not.”

She didn’t respond.

“I’m not, Jess isn‘t. Don‘t we mean anything to you?”

Standing up from where she was huddled into his side, Sarah was shocked “are you even serious right now?”

he nodded “obviously.”

“talk to me when you’re not going to be stupid.” she sighed walking off up the stairs.

---------------------------------------------------

“Sarah!” Tim said for the millionth time from the other side of her closed door

She lay staring up at the ceiling, biting her lip.

“Will you open this fucking door?” he was getting worried and annoyed, Tim never swore at the redhead.

Realizing this, she stood from the bed and pulled open the door to reveal Tim and her boyfriend “what?”

“you two, sort your shit out.” Tim spun on his heel and headed back downstairs.

Nick offered an apologetic half smile “so, Eric’s picking me up in like half an hour.”

She nodded, heading back to the bed.

“I’m sorry, baby. I didn't mean to upset you. Hell, I didn't even mean what I said.”

She glanced at him “‘obviously’”

He sighed, sitting in front of her “can we please not leave it like this? I don‘t want to go to LA with you upset with me.”

When she didn’t respond again, just lay down her lay next to her with his arm wrapped around her waist, whispering apologies and various compliments into her ear until they heard the door bell ring and Eric’s voice boom through the small house.

Nick sighed, sitting up “I can’t do or say much else right now so I guess I have to leave it like this, don’t I?” he picked up his bag from the floor by the closet and headed for the stairs.

Sarah quickly stood from the bed, following him down the stairs.

“Hey Santinooooo!” Eric cooed, a habit he’d picked up from his girlfriend. “ready to go?”

Nick laughed, half heartedly “yeah.”

Eric opened his mouth to speak again but he was cut off.

“Halvo, can you shut up a minute.” Sarah said quietly, reaching for Nick’s arm.

He spun around, biting the dry skin from his bottom lip.

She offered him the same apologetic smile he’d given her earlier then said “so I realised something when you walked out my room.”
He nodded her urging her to carry on.

“well, actually no I realised it a couple of weeks back but still, it really hit me when you just left.” She looked into his eyes with a small smile she muttered so only he’d hear “I... I love you.”

He dropped his bag pulling her into him and kissing her hard on her soft lips then whispering “I love you too” in between kisses.

“Gross.” Halvo said walking out the house, Tim followed him.

“I have a problem with that though.” Nick said.

She raised an eyebrow “what’s that?”

“I didn't get to say it first.”

“liar.”

“excuse me?” he laughed

“You did say it first, after we.. you know.”

“You heard that?”

She nodded with a smile.

He pressed his lips to hers again “well, then that’s ok.”

The van horn ruined the moment and he sighed “I guess I have to get going.”

They walked hand in hand to the full van where Nick kissed her again “I love you.”

She giggled “I love you too. Now go make me proud.” she playfully pushed him toward the vans open door.

He pressed his lips to her forehead “I’ll call you when I get there.”

“You better.”

He climbed into the van and slid the door shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
so that's the end.

I know the end kinda sucks, but I just wanted it done and up so I could start on the sequel which I plan to get up by the end of the week.

Feedback would be awesome, let me know what you think will happen in the sequel?

The sequel will definitely be longer than this story.

Thank you for reading, I love you all.

p.s I'm also thinking about maybe doing an Eric and Jess story after the sequel, how would you all feel about that?