Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

The New National Anthem

Vic's POV

"He cheated on me."

Maybe it was hypocritical, but the minutes the words left his lips, my teeth and fists clenched, my jaw setting.

He noticed this, his eyes widening as he reached out of hand as if an attempt to make the news infuriate me less but to no avail.

I growled, swatting away his hand. "I'll kill him."

"Vic..."

"He's fucking dead."

Jaime's face dropped, his hands grabbing at mine to unball them. "Please don't do this."

"Jaim, you expected me to be okay with this? He knows what happened to you, so he fucking does it to you again?" I stood, ignoring how he flinched. "His ass is mine."

"Please. I'm not mad at him."

My eyes shot downward, disbelieving. "What?" I practically spit.

"Vic, I mean," he sighed, patting the couch for me to sit down. I groaned, obeying. "I don't blame him. I was such a burden and-"

"You blame yourself?"

"...Yes."

I bit my lip, for the first time noticing how broken the boy in front of me was.

What was worse? I'd done this.

"What- what did I fucking do to you?"

He shot me a confused look. "What?"

Ignoring the stinging in my eyes, I placed two fingers under his chin. "Jaime, listen to me. What I did to you, was disgusting and inhumane, and if I could take it back I would. You didn't deserve it. You were perfect to me. Alright?"

"But-"

"No. What Tony did was everything I did, all over again. We're the bad guys here. You deserve so much more. Okay?"

"I-" Jaime bit his lip, and I reached an arm around him to squeeze him right. "Okay."

I hummed, placing a kiss to the top of his head and shutting my eyes as I sighed contently.

"Hey, Vic?" Jaime finally said, breaking the few moments of silence.

"Yeah?"

"Why do I always pick the assholes?" He joked, nudging my side playfully.

"I don't know. Maybe you should try to date girls again."

-

There he was.

Leant up against the side of the school building, smoking and doing something with his phone.

I snorted. "Prick." I mumbled back to Mike, who only grinned back.

To say I was going to kick this guy's ass was an understatement.

Behind Jaime's back (no regrets), I'd gotten Mike and a few other friends (Jeremy McKinnon, Austin Carlile, and Mitch Lucker) to come do some rearranging on his face.

Tony Perry was going to regret the day he laid a finger on my Jaime, and I'd make fucking sure of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sucky chapter but

Listen to The New National Anthem while reading this OMG

RIP Mitch
Still can't believe you're gone. You're still my idol, and my number one
Rock on in heaven, man. I miss you.