Status: The end... For now.

Sororum

Fera

We’d been in this hotel room for six hours now and both Havok and Charles had fallen asleep. They were sharing one bed while I had my own, when in reality I could have just taken a pillow and morphed into a small animal on the floor, if my powers would have let me that is. I had tried sleeping but I was so wired and anxious. My own sister had left me with these strangers and they, for all I know, could be waiting for the perfect moment to kill me.

I couldn’t take being stuffed in the room any longer; it was like a cage I had to share. I rose from my position on the bed and took off all of my clothes. I held in a laugh as the memory from earlier struck my mind, when Charles and Havok couldn’t control their blushes as I stood in front of them naked. I didn’t mind it, obviously, because I really didn’t have another choice. I had gone three weeks stark naked because I’d accidentally morphed into a rhino and ripped the only clothes that I had and Animus and I were deep in the woods at the time. Worst poison ivy of my life.

I walked to the balcony door and silently slid it open, ready to step out I heard someone shuffling from behind me. “Fera, you’re not leaving… Are you?” I turned to see Havok’s sad face.

I was suddenly very nervous, I stepped backward, closer to the balcony railing and got myself ready to jump. “What do you want from me?”

Havok shook his head slowly as he spoke, “We don’t want anything from you. We want to help you.”

My muscles relaxed, “Help me?”

He nodded again, “You can’t control your powers, and you’ve been on your own with only your sister for years.”

“And what’s wrong with that? You think I liked hiding from the humans?” I snapped at him, shocking myself from the burst of anger.

His blue eyes went soft as he pulled off his oversized shirt and handed it out to me, “Please put this on?” I took it and slipped it on easily. I could see a blush fade from his flawless cheeks and he sat down on the bed I had been laying on. “The school? It was made to help mutants control their powers so we could live in peace with the humans. I was with Professor X when he made it.”

I scrunched up my nose in confusion, “Professor X?”

A chuckle escaped from his lips as I slid down on the bed beside him, “Charles, sorry. Back before… Well before Erik went rogue and split with Raven and all of them we had up nicknames for everyone. My birth name is Alex Summers, but before I could control my mutation all I did was destroy things and create havok, and the name stuck.”

I let a shy smile escape my lips, “What is your mutation?”

“I make these plasma energy rings and they blast from around my body into stuff.” He shrugged. “It’s not as cool as some other mutations, but its mine.” His words struck me, It’s not as cool as some other mutations. But it’s mine. I looked at him with awe and he just gave me a funny look. “What?”

“I’ve never heard someone say it like that.” I laid down on my back and let my feet dangle off the end of the bed, he followed suit and studied my face as I looked at the ceiling. “My sister… She always spoke of her mutation with hatred, but then when I asked her if she’d rather be human she’d become so angry with me…”

“She hates humans?” He asked softly, his kind blue eyes never leaving my face.

I shook my head, letting it rest of its side as I gazed back into his eyes. “I don’t think so. How can you hate something that’s only afraid of what it doesn’t know?”

He cracked a smile and leaned up on his elbows watching the sleeping body of Charles. I crawled up and did the same, “You sound a lot like Charles.” He looked down at his legs then back at my face. “You should give him and the school a chance.”

I chewed my lip, the pressure and anxiety coming back, “That’s why I was leaving the hotel.”

He looked at me confused, “To leave? Or not give the school a chance?”

I smiled softly, “No, to just clear my head and fly.”

“I went flying once, like real flying.” He smiled to himself and a memory played in his eyes. “Another mutant, from the school, Banshee, when things were falling apart at the battle against Shaw,” he paused, “A bad guy who turned Erik bad, in short. I was falling and Banshee came and picked me up, it was the most amazing feeling, I’m jealous of you.”

I chewed my lip and an idea formed in my brain. “I could take you flying, if you wanted…”

His eyes lit up, “Really? But what bird is big enough?”

“A condor bird. They’re huge, trust me, I know.”

He chuckled, “Would you really take me flying?”

I nodded and stood, slipping off the shirt. “Do you have a back pack or something? I’ll have talons.” He hurried over to a cluster of bags and pulled out a hiking one with strong looking straps. “Perfect.” We walked out to the balcony and I braced myself. “I’ve only ever taken Animus flying, and you’ll have to jump too, okay?”

“Jump?” He asked, but before I could answer I pulled my body up and over the railing and started to fall. I knew I’d be able to morph this time, the condor bird was such a common thing I morphed into in order to get my sister and I from one place to another quickly.

When all of my bones popped and cracked into place and flew up and looked Havok in the eye, he started to smile big. He climbed up on the railing and sat with his feet dangling over. I tried to nod my head, give him some type of signal for him to jump off too. I saw a flash of fear dart through his eyes as he pushed himself off and felt his first breath of free fall.

Before he could scream out and wake everyone I looped my talons around the straps of his backpack, getting a good grip without tearing the fabric we were off in the air. I heard him suck in a breath as his hands rushed up and gripped my bird limbs. Soon enough we were over a field with the sun nowhere in sight, so I knew we were safe. He let out a whoop of excitement and started to laugh, “This is awesome!”

I laughed on the inside as I let the feeling of flight take over. All of the fears were left in the hotel room as we soared over fields and houses in the dark cloak of the night. After a good while I could feel my feet and arms-wings grow tired from holding his extra weight so I turned back. When we reached the balcony I put him down and morphed back into myself.

“Where. Have. You. Been?” The steady and clearly angered voice of Charles rang out from inside of the room.

Havok quickly threw the shirt at me while whispering, “Let me handle it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!

xox