Status: On Going!

One More Night

Nothing Will Change

"Claude, don't worry about it." I spoke into my cellphone while grabbing my coffee off the counter. Claude was going to meet me for lunch but he got tied up at the rink.

"Roxy, I am so sorry." I sighed, he was the perfect man.

"I guess you can make it up to me in sexual favors." I said before pushing through the doors of the coffee shop. I walked through the mall towards the parking lot.

"So you aren't mad?"

"No baby I am fine." Someone slammed into my shoulder. I sighed but kept walking.

"I love you. You are coming to the game right?" I paused, today was the day that I would have to see Jeff again. Part of me was nervous but the other part of me really doesn't give a shit.

"I love you too. And yes I am, I wouldn't miss watching you play for anyone." I unlocked my car and got in. "Babe, I have to go stop by the studio but I will see you after the game. Good luck!"

"Bye baby, drive safe."

"I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I arrived at the rink I took my usual seat next to Brooke. The players were on the ice for warm ups. She looked at me then on the ice to see Jeff staring at me.

"When will he just quit?" Brooke shook her head in disapproval.

"Brooke, do not start. Not today." She looked at me and nodded her head.

"Are you going to be okay seeing him?"

"Yeah. Brooke, I have come so far and I love Claude so much. Nothing will change that." Brooke smirked as I spoke. "What?"

"I just know what kind of effect he has on you."

"Oh fuck off!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Flyer won 9-2. Claude scored a goal in the first period, and once again it was dedicated to me. I am waiting for him outside the change room hoping I won't see Jeff. Jeff can be a prick at times and I did not want to deal with that right now.

"You've lost weight." I heard from behind me. I groaned and turned around. Standing behind me is a smirking Jeff Carter.

"So what?" I snapped back.

"Must be the stress....is something going on in your love life?" I took a deep breathe, trying to keep my cool. Too bad that wouldn't work.

"Fuck you! Everything is great between Claude and I." Just as I spoke Claude walked out of the change room in his plaid suit.

"Everything alright babe?" He asked as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I nodded my head and pressed my lips to his, letting them linger a little bit longer since Jeff was here.

"Good game!" I said while leaning into his embrace.

"Thanks! What do you want Carter?"

"Oh nothing, just noticed how skinny your girlfriend is getting." He chuckled a little. I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Fuck off! Let's go Roxy!" Claude exclaimed while grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hall. Before we could get far I heard Jeff yelling.

"Did she tell you how I got her pregnant?" Jeff yelled after us. My eyes went wide and my head snapped around.

"What the hell are you doing?" I rushed back down the hall.

"Oh, yeah. We were 17, but she lost it because of a car accident." Jeff said looking right at Claude.

"Jeff, stop!" I said as the tear ran down my cheeks. It was true. I had gotten pregnant, but I got hit by a car crossing the street one day. The baby didn't make it and it tore me apart. Jeff knew that, and he knew that was why we never spoke about this. It just hurt too much.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was that mean? Did it rip your heart out of your chest?" I stared at him unable to speak. "Wonder what that feels like." He said before turning around and walking in the other direction. I walked back towards Claude.

"Let's just go." I said while wiping away the tears. We got into my car a few minutes later.

"Why wouldn't you just tell me?" Claude asked from the passenger seat.

"I don't know!!" I yelled. "Why does it matter?"

"It matters because I am your boyfriend. We sleep in the same bed. We are practically sharing our live together! That's why it fucking matters!" he yelled right back.

"Well I am fucking sorry for hurting your feelings." I felt the tears start to flow again as it started to rain outside. "But it fucking tore me apart too."

"I would have been there for you because I love you. I want to know." He said before giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I was 17 fucking years old and I was terrified. There was no way I wanted to marry Jeff, I was so young. We hadn't told anyone at that point. I was walking back from a coffee shop and I was crossing the street I was hit by a car. I lost him, I lost our son." The tears were coming quickly now. It was raining so bad, it was hard to see.

"I am so sorry baby. So sorry." I nodded my head and kept driving.

"I'm sorry too." I said before turning the corner.

"Baby! LOOK OUT!!" Claude shouted. Before I knew what was happening a truck t-boned my Jeep. The car flipped and slid down the road. The glass was smashed and rain was getting in. I looked to the side to see Claude staring at me. My eyes started to flutter closed. My head hurt so bad.

"Roxy , you have to stay awake. Just stay awake. I love you, stay awake." Claude pleaded with me as my eye closed and the world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... what do you think?

Some comments would be great! Don't be a silent reader!

Roxy's Outfit at the Mall

Roxy's Game Outfit