Sequel: This Means War
Status: Completed

A Glitch in Time

Chapter 3

I woke up, my head pounding, or was that my heart. I noticed that I was in a hospital bed, and my parents were sitting in the room with me.

I sat up, and looked around, and the first thing that grabbed my attention was the whistle. I hissed and glared at it and saw it start to glow green, that was when I stopped glaring, and a small whimper escaped my lips. I didn’t want it to shrill again; it hurt like I don’t know what.

I then stared at my parents, and saw that they were sleeping. Mom was leaning onto dad’s shoulder, both of their faces showing pain and sadness.

I then felt like crying, I know how hard my parents can be, but seeing them so sad, I felt sorry for what I’ve done. I then looked at the whistle again, and saw that it was blue. I then raised my eyebrow, and picked it up carefully, it felt warm in my hands.

I examined it again and rubbed my fingers over the mysterious carvings, and sighed when a nurse walked in with a clipboard. I hid the whistle under the sheets.

“Oh, you woke up,” she said smiling.

I nodded, and watched her walk around my parents, who stirred out of sleep, and stared at me with tired eyes. Then, both at once both came to life, and ran over to me, hugging me and kissing me all over.

My parents were practically crying, telling me that I had them worried. Then the question came up, “How did this happen?”

I stared at the sheets, and felt the whistle vibrate as I saw it turn green, it was testing me. My eyes widened, and then I looked at my parents, and said, “It…it was my fault I guess, I wasn’t watching where I was going, I messed up.”

“You certainly did,” agree my father, “And you messed up your car too.”

I scoffed, “That car wasn’t worth nothing anyway.”

The nurse then looked over my body, seeing if there was anything wrong with me. Once she found nothing, she said, “Well, it looks like you’re ready to go, you don’t have a scratch on your body, hmm, that’s strange seeing how the car was in total damage…”

Her voice trailed off, as she wrote her studies on the clipboard and left. My mom smiled, and said, “It’s a miracle.”

“Yea, it was strange,” I said, staring down at the whistle that was back to normal and frowned curiously about it.

~~

I was back at school after having been on bed rest for the weekend, and everyone stared at me as I wore my whistle proudly. Megan and her candidates also looked shocked as I wore it all through the day, and after school, I was standing by my new car, which was a plain black ford car; my dad got it for me, since we’re rich and everything, although I don’t care about money much.

As I stood, I examined my whistle and didn’t notice before how it had my name carved into it. “Hmm, weird,” I said out loud to myself.

“Yes, it is mysterious isn’t it?” I heard a smooth voice say.

I looked up and saw a young boy who had long black hair, with brown skin, and the greenest eyes I’ve ever seen. He was wearing a guitar on his back, and he wore black as well as black boots with a red X on the toe of them.

“Who are you?” I asked, staring him down as he stopped just a few feet away from me.

“The name’s George, and you must be Glitter, I take it that you are new, and it’s not because you wear the whistle,” the black boy said, moving his collar of his black jacket to show that he was wearing a whistle as well.

I then asked, “How did you know, and why do you have one? You’re new too?”

He only chuckled, and was in front of my face before I could blink, and said, “No, but I know what you are, maybe it’s time you know too.”

“What?” I asked, before I couldn’t see him anymore, I looked around too, and then felt my whistle bur against my skin.

I looked down to see it was glowing purple, and then I looked back up and saw that it was time to go home. Whoever that boy was, it made me wonder who he was and where he came from.

So, instead of staying around I got in my car, and rode off toward home, hopeful of not getting into an accident.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of George? Creepy right?