Sequel: This Means War
Status: Completed

A Glitch in Time

Chapter 8

The next morning, I woke up, not in my own bed, but in the bed of the cottage. I jumped up, and then gasped when I saw George leaning on my doorframe.

“Don’t sneak up on me like that,” I said, giving him the death glare, which wasn’t really necessary.

“Oh don’t be such a grouch, where you thought you were going to anyway?” he asked, folding his arms and giving me an amused smirk.

“Um…to school…where else,” I asked, making an obvious statement.

He only cleared his throat and said, “Let me explain something to you Glitch.”

“My name is Gli-tter,” I say annoyingly as George sits on my bed facing away from me.

“I have to tell you something,” he says, as I sit next to him.

“What?” I ask curiously.

“About school, your home, your parents,” he looked me dead in the eye, and said, “They aren’t your real family and education.”

I looked taken aback, “What?”

“Yea, you were living in a dream world, this,” he pointed to the floor, “is the real world, you are not human, you are a creature of many talents, one that is powerful among your people,” George said, clearly not making any sense.

“See, what I mean is, where we are, right now, is a part of what you made,” George said, spreading his hands out and showing me a projected picture of a small world that is not of the earth, but of something else.

“This is Startopia,” George said, making the picture disappear, and saying, “You are the queen of this place, the reason you feel as though you’re human is because you were put down to earth. You were stolen, and it was my mission to find you and bring you back to your real home, your real parents.”

I shook my head, and said, “I’m not following, but from what you’re saying, I think your nuts.” I then got up off the bed and went to go clean myself up.

“Oh really Glitch, then look at your whistle, what does it say?” he asked, giving me a serious look.

I stared at him, and he was behind me in a second. “Look at your name,” he said.

I looked at it, it said, not Glitter, but Glitch. I frowned, “That can’t be right, how can it say Glitch when my name is Glitter…and it had Glitter on it before?” I was way confused.

George shook his head, and said, “You sure got so much to catch up with. And that’s why I am here, to help you get back into the kick of things, are you up for the challenge?”

I then stared at my whistle, and then shook my head saying, “You’re crazy, there is no way this is all true.”

I groaned, and then said as I shook my head, “Ugh, just let me wake up already, I’m dreaming right?” I turned back to where George was just standing, and saw that he was no longer there. I nodded, and said, “Alright, I see what this is about, I’m the one going nuts.”

I sighed heavily, and then walked into the bathroom and started to take my shower, where I let the water sooth me.

George is crazy; who does he think he’s fooling? What is this…a movie act or something?

After showering, I walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my skinny frame, and raise an eyebrow once my eyes lay on a pair of clothing. I looked up to see George checking me out.

“Hey, haven’t you ever heard of privacy?” I asked, my heart skipping when George just smirked and chuckled. “What do you want?”

He puts the clothes on the bed, and turns to me saying, “This is your training clothing, you will report to the gym for your next lesson, any questions?”

I produced a fake smile, and said, “Yea, when’s recess?”

“No breaks this time,* he returned to the door, and said without turning around, “And remember, I won’t go easy on you.” He then gave me a heart-melting smile, and I only groaned, dropping the smile as he left me standing there annoyed.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of the new update? I had to make sure I got it done, I was like dying to finish it, but here it is so, what does it tell you about George/Burro?