Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 12:

“Now if I hear language like that again, there’s going to be consequences.” He called out as I shuffled out of the office.

Jack stood outside, his hands in his pockets and a questioning look on his face.

“So, you get in trouble?” He asked as we walked towards the band room.

“No, just a warning. So who’s all in band class with us?”

“Me, obviously being the guitar god.” He winked and I chuckled. “Your idiot brother, Rian, Zack, and I think that Jeremy kid plays flute or something. Why did you take band? What do you play?”

“Drums actually. I haven’t in awhile, I mean I’ve been focused on soccer lately.” I laughed.

“Did I hear you’re a drummer?” Rian stuck his head between me and Jack, shoving his way through.

I nodded and he smiled that perfect fucking smile. “I like her. Maybe more than Alex.”

The three of us walked into the band room to see Alex and Zack tuning their instruments, along with a few other students setting up.

“We got a new teacher.” I heard Alex announce.

I couldn’t really pay attention, something about Zack with his bass strapped around his shoulder made my stomach fill with butterflies. He was so focused on what he was doing, it was cute.

“Settle down class.” My vision snapped to the tall skinny woman standing at the front. She looked like she hadn’t eaten in a month. “I am Miss. Cleveland, and as most of you know, your old teacher Mr. Stevens is no longer an employee at this school. There’s going to be a whole new set of rules for this classroom, and you shall all follow them or suffer serious consequences. Any questions?”

She began calling out attendance with that shrill voice, I heard a few I recognized from other classes, and unfortunately Jeremy was front row.

“Jack Barakat?”

“Here!”

“Mr. Barakat could you please not slouch in your chair.” She eyed him down through her glasses.

What was up with this school? It was a public school, why were people like Lisa and Jeremy even going here? And this new teacher? I think she’s been single her entire life.

“Alexander and Molly Gaskarth. I’ve heard of you Alexander, I hear you’re quite the trouble maker around here, and I will keep an eye on you. Molly as well, I’m sure having a sibling with such a reputation has taken a toll on your behaviour as well.”

“There’s nothing wrong with our behaviour. And my brothers name is Alex!” I said a little too loud.

“Report to the office right now Ms. Gaskarth, I shall not accept any rude statements out of you.” She said without a second pause.

Is this serious? The day’s not even over and I’m being sent to the office the second time? I’m in deep shit when I get home.

I stood up to leave and so did Jack.

“Mr. Barakat would you please return to your seat?”

“No.”

I gotta admit, it was nice having him stick-up for me, but really? I didn’t do anything wrong, so why should he get in trouble?

“Mr. Barkat if you do not return to your seat I shall send you to the principal’s office along with Ms. Gaskarth.”

“Fine.” He smiled and stormed out the door.

I followed after him and punched him in the shoulder. “What was that for!?”

“You didn’t do nothin’ wrong Molly. Someone’s gotta stand up to that bitch.”

I smiled and hugged him tight. This was probably the best thing to happen to me since I got dumped here by my father.