Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 16:

“Well, look away.” I blushed, sitting in the passenger seat of Zack’s car.

“I have to watch the road, I won’t be looking!” He laughed.

“Promise?”

“Mhm.”

I slipped off Alex’s shirt, unwrapped the flattening tape and slipped my tank-top on all in one swift motion. I finished changing just before Zack pulled into the driveway of my house. We sat in silence for a moment, poker faces on both of us.

“So.. nice birthmark.” Zack laughed.

I only had one birthmark. How could he have seen it? It was right under my - “You said you wouldn’t look!”

We both exploded into laughter. Of course he looked. I stared at him when he was shirtless, why wouldn’t he glance at me?

“Well….thanks.” I slid out of the car, and he did too. “What’re you gonna do now?”

“Band practice at Rian’s house.”

“I’ll come, I’ll drop my stuff off in my room.”

I ran inside and dropped my stuff on my bed.

“And where are you going so fast?” My mother stopped me from running out the door.

“I wanna see Alex and his band practice.”

“I took the liberty of inviting that Thompson boy over, Jeremy I believe his name is. He’ll be over in a few minutes.”

“YOU WHAT!?”

I’ve never once yelled at my mom that loud, and her hand flew up to her mouth in shock.

“Do.Not.Ever.Yell.At.Me.Again.” She said through clenched teeth.

I mumbled a ‘sorry’ as the doorbell rang.

“Take Jeremy to your brothers practice.” She turned away and exited into the kitchen.

***

“Heya Thomps.” Zack greeted the boy with a pat on the head.

“He’s coming along.” I muttered.

I pulled out my phone to answer Zack’s questioning look.

To: Zack

From: Molly

I’m sorry, my mother’s pissed at me and wants me to hang out with him today.

To: Molly

From: Zack

Let’s play with his mind a little? He likes you, pretend you like him ;)

I nodded at Zack as I slid into the passenger side of his car, leaving Mr. Perfect to sit in the back.

“So, I saw your brother at soccer tryouts.” Jeremy announced as we pulled into Rian’s driveway.

“Why would you see him?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“I tried out too.”

“MOLLY MOLLY MOLLY!” Jack ripped open the car door and engulfed me into a hug.

“You ready to hear some awesome shit!?” Alex screamed at me.

***

“Come with me I’ll take you there
To a place where we don’t have to care
We’ll sit and watch the world go by
Welcome to my paradise.” Alex’s voice ripped through the amplifiers as they ended the song.

I stood up and started clapping, along with Lisa and Cassadee. Jeremy stayed in his seat with a disgusted look on his face.

“That, was called ‘My Paradise’!” Jack said as he flumped down into the seat beside me.

“What’d you think Jerms?” Alex asked.

“It was…nice.” He had to admit it, they were good. Not get an award and sell out shows instantly good, but good enough to get signed.

“I call food!” Cassadee squeaked up as she darted to the mini fridge in the basement we sat in.