Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 24:

We cleaned ourselves up and bounded down the stairs where Molly greeted Jeremy with a squeal and a hug. I still found it hilarious that he actually thought she liked him.

“So what’re you doin’ here Jeremy?” She asked him, flashing a bright smile. Ugh, I loved that smile.

“Your mother invited me over.” He stated simply.

It was time to step in. “Well, Molly was giving me a blowjob when you got here. Nice timing man.”

Alex loosened from his stiff posture and laughed along with me and Molly.

“Can I have a moment alone with Molly?” Jeremy asked and my jaw nearly dropped to the ground.

After Alex had nearly broken his jaw? I shrugged and grabbed Alex, taking him up to his room.

“WHAT AN ASSHOLE!” Alex punched my arm.

It burned and stung, but I tried to keep my posture. “Alex, calm the fuck down, she’ll say no.”

He flopped onto his bed, heaving and burning with anger.

“Besides, ain’t no way I’m letting him touch her.” I patted his back, and he groaned at the thought of them together.

I decided to leave him fuming in his room, no way I wanted another bruise from him. I crept down the stairs quietly and peeked around the corner to hear.

“Molly, I don’t understand what you see in that man.” Jeremy complained.

“Jeremy, you’re nice and all, but I’m sort-of with Jack, I can’t!”

I could feel my face flush red. She said she was with me. ME. SHE WAS WITH ME.

That feeling didn’t last long when I saw Jeremy push his face onto Molly’s, forcing a kiss with her. Without thinking I turned the corner and ripped him off her.

“YOU GOT SOME BALLS THOMPSON.” I yelled, resisting the urge to punch him in the gut.

Molly’s hand was glued to her face, which was bright red.

“I-uh-I’m just-” Jeremy sputtered out, searching his head for an excuse.

“What’s going on?” I released my grip on Jeremy’s blazer when Isobel appeared at the door.

“Nothing mom, we’re just playing around.” Molly managed to squeak out.

“What’s happened to your lip?” Isobel chirped at Jeremy’s bruised face and tugged him to come with her.

As soon as both were out of the room Molly dove into my chest and clung on. “Thank you so much!”

I wrapped my arms around her, a protective instinct I’d gained from fending off my older sisters boyfriends.

We kissed tenderly for a moment and she started crying.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

She mumbled something I couldn’t hear and shook her head, squeezing her arms around me tighter, and I did the same.

“It’s alright Molly.” I hugged her tighter, and we stood there embracing untill her sobs faded away.

***

The four of us sat in the living room watching tv, Alex sitting in a dining chair, his body so stiff he might crack, Molly leaned against me on the couch and Jeremy sat on the chair, dashing his gaze between all three of us.

“Dinner!” Isobel called from the kitchen and Molly groaned in complaint after Alex and Jeremy had left to eat.

“I don’t want to eat dinner.” She mumbled.

“It’s okay, I’ll eat it for you.” I joked, making her laugh.

“Not what I meant, I’m hungry, I just don’t want to deal with Jeremy and Alex glaring at each other.” She sighed.

I got an idea. “Go up to your room, I’ll be there in a bit.”

She flashed me a confused look but obeyed.

***

I opened her door and she sat on her bed, flipping through channels on the tiny tv that sat on her dresser.

“You brought me food?” She jumped up and grabbed one of the plates from me, and the wrapped box I held between my fingers.

She put the plate down and glanced at the box. “Is this a present?”

I nodded and she tore it open, revealing a collectors edition copy of Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride. She nearly squealed.

“Happy birthday Moll.” I one arm hugged her and plopped onto the bed.

“You’re the only person who remembered. My dad hasn’t even called.” She sighed and sat next to me, resting her head on my shoulder.

“Who could forget December 14th?” I kissed the side of her head and she smiled.

But really? I was the only one who remembered? The hell.