Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 27:

“Hey Zack!” I bounded up to the boy the next day at school.

“Hi,” he mumbled under his breath.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing,” he replied as he opened his locker, not glancing at me.

“Zack, tell me. You’re not yourself today,” I urged. I needed an answer from him.

“Nothing! Everything’s perfectly fine! All rainbows and sunshines! Now leave me alone.” he snapped and slammed his locker shut as he stormed down the hallway.

Well that escalated quickly. I stood dumbfounded in the middle of the hallway by myself.

“Molly!” a pair of arms snaked around my waist as an excited voice exclaimed my name into my ear.

“Hey Jacky,” I tried to turn around to face the culprit.

“So you doing anything tonight,” Jack asked wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

“Yes skunk head I am busy tonight,” I laughed.

“Oh… what are you doing?” he asked.

“My dad wants to take me out for a “birthday dinner” sort of thing so that we catch up and so that I get to know Melonie or something,” I answered.

“Well what are you doing after that,” he winked.

“Probably homework, why? You have anything in mind?” I smirked.

“Well I do, but It would have to be a surprise.” Jack laughed.

“Oh well let me think about that.” I kissed his cheek and headed off to class.

***

“So this is Melonie as I introduced her to you yesterday,” dad motioned to the blonde that sat infront of me and beside dad.

“Hi, It’s cool to meet you,” I smiled pretending to be interested. She didn’t look like she was over 30. She wore fake eyelashes caked with mascara. Her nails were painted a bright red and her boobs were hanging over shirt. She looked more of a hooker than a… what was she again? Oh yeah a receptionist at some sort of spa back in Annapolis. She didn’t look like my dad and her could actually have at least 2 interests. My dad was into sports, music and jokes. She…well… looked like she could care less. But hey who am I to judge? Alex decided to tag along and sat beside me drooling over Melonie’s rack.

I nudged him.

“Hey,” he exclaimed.

“Stop it!” I hissed.

“So guys…” Melonie started, “how’s school?”

“Boring,” Alex replied still staring.

“That sucks,” she leaned over a bit more so that he chest was spilling onto the table. I was close to gagging.

“So Moll, How’s Baltimore treating ya?” Dad asked.

“It’s different than home,” I laughed.

“Yeah? How’s soccer? How many goals have you scored this season?” he asked.

“Oh well… I’m not playing soccer,” I looked down at my plate. I felt bad for lying. I truly did but this secret was between me and the guys.

“Really? How come?” he was surprised.

“Well there’s no girl team, but Alex made the team,” I grinned at the thought.

“Wow! I’m proud of you son! In a band and on the soccer team! What a perfect kid@” Dad beamed as he leaned over the table and ruffled my brother’s hair.

“Thanks dad,” Alex replied and gave me a sympathetic look.

***

“Thanks kids for the awesome evening!” Dad dropped us off at mom’s.

“Bye daddy! I love you,” I clung to his neck not wanting him to leave me again.

“Love ya too Kiddo! Stay out of trouble,” he laughed. I let go and watched him go back to the familiar truck. I stayed out until he pulled out of the driveway and rode away.