Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 35:

I sat with Tay on my bed still trying to come up with ideas of who could try to hurt my brother and his friends.

“Any Ideas?” I asked looking at Tay.

“I don’t think so… We can check at the game since Alex and Zack are gonna play.” Tay reminded me that I had a game. Shit she didn’t know about the swap.

“Yeah right, we could look for suspicious activity on the bleachers.” I nodded. I wasn’t sure if i want to play since it would look weird, people would see that I don’t have a broken nose. Should I tell Tay or not? I was genuinely confused about everything. She was my friend so i should tell her. I took a deep breath.

“Can you keep a secret?” I asked her.

Tay looked at me and nodded skeptically and responded with a “yeah”.

“Well Alex doesn’t play soccer,” I told her.

“What do you mean he doesn’t play, he made the team,” Tay looked at me.

“It’s not him, I play for him. I dress up as Alex and I play because girls aren’t allowed on the guys team. I live for soccer. So me and the guys came up with this idea.” I explained.

Tay sat in silence. “Does anyone else know?” she asked. I shook my head no.

“Don’t play. You’re one of my good friends, if not my best right now. I don’t want some prick jumping you thinking you’reAlex.” she said.

“Maybe we could think of something,” I replied.

“I’ll go call the guys!” she grinned with a twinkle in her eye and we raced down the stairs and out the door.

***

I stood on the field beside Zack. I grinned at him and he gave me a thumbs up sign. The game was almost done and we were winning 4-1. The other team sucked so bad. I looked at the bleachers, I saw Tay, Cassadee, Jack and Rian cheering Zack and myself on. Alex stayed at home with his injuries.

“Ready to win this thing?” Zack asked me.

“You bet!!” I replied as soon as the ref blew the whistle i ran for the ball. From the corner of my eye in the middle of the game I saw Jack leave. I was still mad but i was worried the random guy would come and hurt him again.

The game went on and I saw that Jack didn’t come back. Fuck. This was bad, but atleast the game was close to being over. I scored in the last minute making our team win 5-2. I raced off the field and up to the bleachers, grabbing my things off the reserve bench before I got to Tay, and Rian.

“Where is he?” I asked.

“Who?” Rian asked.

“Who you you think Ri?” I rolled my eyes. “Jack!”

“He was gonna go get a drink and call his mom back,” Tay explained.

“I saw he was gone for over half an hour,” I told them.

“Shit…” Rian looked at us and we ran down the bleachers.

“Try calling him,” Tay suggested. I nodded and rummaged through my bag for my phone.

“He’s not picking up,” I was starting to panic.

“Kay, just don’t blow your cover.” Cass replied. “Speaking of which, where’s Zack?”

“Fuck.” i muttered calling him too.

“No answer.” I put down my phone.

“Let’s go to the washroom so i can change then maybe we’ll figure something out.” Tay suggested. Nodding we walked towards the building.

“I have to go into the guy one,” I whispered.

“Whatever we’ll go in first and tell you if the coast is clear,” Cass replied going into the girl’s washroom with Tay.

A few seconds later i saw Tay motioning for me to come in with her. I looked around, everyone was packing up or they were leaving. I slipped into the washroom.

“Thank god! I hate the guy washrooms,” I laughed.

“I can only imagine,” Cass laughed.

“How can you deal with this?” Tay asked as I took my shirt off and unbound myself.

“I don’t know, I’m passionate but I like it when my boobs get to breathe,” I laughed.

“Already?” Tay asked. I nodded and we cautiously left the building.

“Let’s go find the guys.” I announced and we started walking towards my, well Alex’s, car that I borrowed from him.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a group of guys standing close by on the parking lot.

“Hey who are those guys?” I asked motioning towards them.

“Shit, That’s Vic and his “gang” Mike, Jaime and Tony,” Cassadee filled me in.

“Yeah they aren’t the greatest to be around.” Tay added.

“Huh… the guy with the beanie looks cute,” I stated.

“Yeah that’s Vic Fuentes. He’s the “criminal mastermind” out of their group.” Cass whispered.

“Interesting….” I looked over at them. They were all staring at us. “They can’t be that bad…” they didn’t look that tough.

“Trust me they are…”

“Okay I’ll take your word for it.” I quickly glanced at the guys and opened the trunk to throw my things in it.

“Hey!” I heard. I looked behind me and the Vic guy stood a few meters away from me. “You’re that new chick?” he asked.

“Yeah… why?” I agreed.

“You’re hot!” another guy shouted behind him.

“Shut the fuck up Mike!”

“And why are you asking me?” I repeated.

“You’re the Gaskarth twin right?”

“Uhm… yeah…” now I was getting scared.

“Tell your brother and his friends to watch their backs.” he warned.

“Uhm… okay?” the wheels began to turn.

“We finished one off today after the game. It was a riot!” Mike hooted from the back.

“Well I’ll be sure to tell them,” I quickly got into my car. “It’s them.” I stated to Cass and Tay. “They got one of the guys” my eyes were filled with horror. Please not Zack anyone but Zack.