Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 6:

“Do you still want Zack to come over?” Alex asked as he pinned a poster or Blink-182 onto my wall.

“I don’t know, I don’t think mom will let him after, erhm, what I said.”

“She might if I say he’s here for me.”

“He’s your friend.”

I continued sticking up posters on the dreaded pink walls, trying to cover it up as Alex ran downstairs to ask. Jeremy slid into my room shortly after.

“Blink 182? I’ve never heard of them.” He scoffed.

“Good.” I said as I shoved a thumbtack through the corner of an Anti-Flag poster, pinning it above my bed.

“Why don’t you give me a listen? I’m very cultured you know.”

I turned to him to see Alex at the doorway, his face red, trying not to laugh. I gave him the look I always gave him when we played pranks on people. This one was easily set up, Jeremy was walking straight into it.

“Actually Moll, I have an extra copy of Enema, you want it?” Alex folded his arms across his chest and flashed a smile at Jeremy.

I nodded and he disappeared again, turning the corner into his room, and appearing in under a minute, the CD with a sexy nurse on the cover in his hand. He placed it in my CD player that sat on top of my dresser and skipped to track 5 before playing it.

“What’s my age again?” I laughed and threw an arm around my brother as we sang along to the wildly inappropriate music, Jeremy’s face turning as pink as my walls from all the offensive language spitting out of the speakers.

Jeremy slipped out of the room and it sounded as though he tripped down the stairs trying to leave, and me and Alex exploded with laughter.

***

“Your room’s nice, minus the pink.” Zack said as he sat on the edge of my bed.

“Hey, don’t you be dissing the pink!” Alex slapped his friends arm.

I gave my twin a look that said “Oh come on.” and he laughed.

“I can’t make a joke?”

“Apparently not.” Zack pushed my brother over, making me laugh more than I felt comfortable doing so.

My face was red and my hand flew up to my mouth, as I sputtered away, trying to calm down. I sat between the boys and propped my foot up on the last box.

“So what’s the soccer team like at your, erhm, my new school?”

“It sucks, the guys chase the ball like hamsters.” Zack muttered.

“And the girls team too?”

There was a silence that felt like it lasted forever.

“Uhh, forgot to mention Moll, there’s no girls soccer team.” Alex tried to laugh as if it were funny, I’m sure he meant to calm me down.

But honestly? No girls team? What was I supposed to do with my life? I needed to get a scholarship! I needed to play my sport! I’d die without it.

Alex stood up as he noticed my eyes start to tear up. “Zack, come on my mom’ll get pissed if we’re in here too long.”

How could they not have a girls team? It’s not right. I need to get on a team this year. My life depends on it.